151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Best loyalty points system would be a set number of points for STs (and previous season's ST) and then a fixed number of points for every non-home game, with those points removed if our allocation sells out. Ensures that people will be rewarded only for away games without a high demand.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you miss 2/3, maybe more home games a season then the season ticket does not make financial sense but there are people who keep getting one because it give them access to big games. You can see that every game at Easter road when you see all the empty seats in sold out stands. Not everyone can make every game but they commit to the season ticket because it has other benefits over and above entry to home games. Take one of those benefits away and less people will buy. I would have thought that was obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not to me. I won’t stop going to home games cos I might not be able to go to an away game.

Loyalty Points

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Not to me. I won’t stop going to home games cos I might not be able to go to an away game.
    I’m not saying they will stop going to any games, I’m saying that they may decide not to bother with the season ticket and just pay at the gate if it make more financial sense. The club would prefer people to get the season ticket because it means certainty for the playing budget.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not saying they will stop going to any games, I’m saying that they may decide not to bother with the season ticket and just pay at the gate if it make more financial sense. The club would prefer people to get the season ticket because it means certainty for the playing budget.

Genuinely can’t see that happening.

If they did though it’d mean less admin for the club so every cloud...

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Genuinely can’t see that happening.

If they did though it’d mean less admin for the club so every cloud...
    Surely it'd be more admin for the club if they were purchasing individual home tickets instead of a one off season ticket purchase?

Also, I think Hibs should be looking at a membership scheme to cater for the supporters who can't attend every game. They pay an annual fee, they get sent a membership card and when they buy a single game online or in the TO, the access is loaded onto the card. They then take a note of seats details with them to that game, and then accrue LP's for semi's and finals. That way they will have priority over real day trippers.

Maybe we should also be looking at capping the amount of ST's we sell.... That will then drive demand for the above scheme and unlock another revenue stream.

Regards
    Mr Lix

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Surely it'd be more admin for the club if they were purchasing individual home tickets instead of a one off season ticket purchase?
    Not to mention the loss of income from season ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix View Post
    Also, I think Hibs should be looking at a membership scheme to cater for the supporters who can't attend every game. They pay an annual fee, they get sent a membership card and when they buy a single game online or in the TO, the access is loaded onto the card. They then take a note of seats details with them to that game, and then accrue LP's for semi's and finals. That way they will have priority over real day trippers.

Maybe we should also be looking at capping the amount of ST's we sell.... That will then drive demand for the above scheme and unlock another revenue stream.

Regards
    Mr Lix
    Stop people from buying season tickets?

My tuppence worth.

Spurs are away to West Ham this w/end, and like every away game in EPL ST holders have a window of normally 5 days ish) to apply.
    If 15k apply for 3k tickets the highest 3000 folk with LP are successful, Spurs announce that cut of point is such n such and those with 383pts or more get a ticket.
    If someone in your group of say 10 has 382 then tough.

Now, this is where I disagree with a LP system.... The same 3k folk always get the away tickets, I will never have enough pts because folk point harvest and resell said away ticket, and there is a huge market for this, some folk are happy to spend £30 (away tickets in EPL are capped at 30quid) just for the pts.

Non ST have zero chance, generally of an away ticket, unless buying from a point harvester.

I see both sides of this debate. But I'd rather a slim chance of say Chelsea away in a ballot than zero.

Regards
    Mr Lix
    That would only become an issue if we started to sell out for EVERY game which let’s be honest, is literally never going to happen. People will have plenty of opportunities to build up their points for the away games outside of Hearts/Rangers/Celtic.

Stop people from buying season tickets?

You obviously haven't thought about it much.

Hibs selling 1000 tickets for every game generates more money than selling 1000 ST's ever will.

Stadium capacity minus 3800 in away end, leaves about 2000 free seats to be sold atm.

The other week there was about 25 blokes up in Edinburgh from England for the weekend who attended the Hamilton match. Also, incase it has escaped your attention we have a large amount of overseas fans from many different countries who would be locked out if we sold say 16k ST's... Bit stupid eh.

Regards
    Mr Lix

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    That would only become an issue if we started to sell out for EVERY game which let’s be honest, is literally never going to happen. People will have plenty of opportunities to build up their points for the away games outside of Hearts/Rangers/Celtic.
    It has nothing to do with selling out every home game... Atm our ST number already outstrips every away game bar Hampden

Regards
    Mr Lix

It has nothing to do with selling out every home game... Atm our ST number already outstrips every away game bar Hampden

Regards
    Mr Lix
    Yeah and guess what, we barely sell out an allocation outwith Tynecastle, Ibrox or Parkhead - and until a few seasons ago, we barely ever sold out those allocations either. Anyone who wants a ticket for Ibrox or Parkhead (while our allocation is pitifully small, which I hope Hibs will fight to improve) has every chance to do so by going to some of the 'less desirable' games. With Hearts, it's so simple, the 1,500 odd travelling Hibs support are given first priority, and then there are still 2,000 tickets left for season ticket holders who do not follow Hibs away to go after.

Hibs selling 1000 tickets for every game generates more money than selling 1000 ST's ever will.

Stadium capacity minus 3800 in away end, leaves about 2000 free seats to be sold atm.

The other week there was about 25 blokes up in Edinburgh from England for the weekend who attended the Hamilton match. Also, incase it has escaped your attention we have a large amount of overseas fans from many different countries who would be locked out if we sold say 16k ST's... Bit stupid eh.

Regards
    Mr Lix
    Sorry, you’ll have to explain it to me again. Why do you want us to cap the amount of season tickets we sell?

Regards
    Mr Lix
    The thought of Hibs turning away a guaranteed £400 in case some guy on his holidays wants to go to a game is utterly mental.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Regards
    Mr Lix
    Pretty sure we tried this before back around the time Hughes was manager?

You paid £50 for the season to be a member. It ensured you were able to get a ticket for Hampden as they took priority over a public sale. ST holders obviously still came first.

Not sure if it offered any benefit for buying away tickets though?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    You say you oppose a loyalty scheme because it's unfair to low income families etc. What about a low income family who cannot afford the upfront costs of a season ticket and are unable to get credit or don't want to tie themselves into the monthly repayment plan and attend several home and away games as a PATG supporter. A loyalty point scheme would be of benefit to them.
    yes, i understand that. But that person would always have less loyalty points than season ticket holders, so would still never get a chance on popular away tickets, so it would not be a benifit to them in practice i think.
    After away season ticket holders, then maybe simply a ballot of everyone on the clubs database who opts -in would be the simplest and fairest way.
    I dont like the competitive and divisive part of human nature that seems to come from "i have more loyalty points than you" .

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The thought of Hibs turning away a guaranteed £400 in case some guy on his holidays wants to go to a game is utterly mental.
    Anything to make getting tickets for Tynecastle easier I think.

Regards
    Mr Lix
    Apologies if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick, but you were referring to people not getting a look in at applying for away games and therefore not having the chance to build up their own loyalty point total via attending away games because they’re already oversubscribed, but we have tonnes of away games that people can easily buy tickets for and build up their points total so your scenario would only come in to play if we sold out every away game. Home games are irrelevant as this would only apply to season ticket holders anyway who as a starting point would have an automatic x number of points.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Best loyalty points system would be a set number of points for STs (and previous season's ST)
    Why do you need points for season tickets? Every season ticket holder gets priority, the only thing you need points for is attendance at away games.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    My tuppence worth.

Spurs are away to West Ham this w/end, and like every away game in EPL ST holders have a window of normally 5 days ish) to apply.
    If 15k apply for 3k tickets the highest 3000 folk with LP are successful, Spurs announce that cut of point is such n such and those with 383pts or more get a ticket.
    If someone in your group of say 10 has 382 then tough.

Now, this is where I disagree with a LP system.... The same 3k folk always get the away tickets, I will never have enough pts because folk point harvest and resell said away ticket, and there is a huge market for this, some folk are happy to spend £30 (away tickets in EPL are capped at 30quid) just for the pts.

Non ST have zero chance, generally of an away ticket, unless buying from a point harvester.

I see both sides of this debate. But I'd rather a slim chance of say Chelsea away in a ballot than zero.

Regards
    Mr Lix

This is how I get a lot of Man City away tickets, I will never have enough points for big away games so I have to go looking for spares and I can accept that.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    Why do you need points for season tickets? Every season ticket holder gets priority, the only thing you need points for is attendance at away games.
    And home cup games too!

EPL away tickets capped at £30?

You’d have thought Hearts would follow suit with them being a big club and all.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    yes, i understand that. But that person would always have less loyalty points than season ticket holders, so would still never get a chance on popular away tickets, so it would not be a benifit to them in practice i think.
    After away season ticket holders, then maybe simply a ballot of everyone on the clubs database who opts -in would be the simplest and fairest way.
    I dont like the competitive and divisive part of human nature that seems to come from "i have more loyalty points than you" .
    It's not a competition, but surely it's simplistic. The more games you attend the better chance of getting big game tickets.

If someone attends 15 away games and someone attends none, why should they have same chance for a derby ticket?

It really isn't rocket science
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

There’s been 16 pages discussing it and if anything we should know it’s not as cut and dried as that though.

Maybe we need a rocket scientist to come in and figure it out for us!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    There’s been 16 pages discussing it and if anything we should know it’s not as cut and dried as that though.

Maybe we need a rocket scientist to come in and figure it out for us!
    Unless you have an inability to grasp basic fairness, then it’s cut and dry has been figured out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It's not a competition, but surely it's simplistic. The more games you attend the better chance of getting big game tickets.

If someone attends 15 away games and someone attends none, why should they have same chance for a derby ticket?

That's just too sensible BF!!!

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

It really is that simple.

Because the club don’t want to harm sales of season tickets as they are our biggest revenue stream.
    It really isn’t rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Unless you have an inability to grasp basic fairness, then it’s cut and dry has been figured out.
    Everyone understands fairness.

Some just see things differently to others, there’s no right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Everyone understands fairness.

Some just see things differently to others, there’s no right or wrong.
    Correct. I have always said I can understand why regular away game goers would want a LP system. It does seem unfair if they miss out on Tynecastle.
    My whole point has been about cost to Hibs of running system and loss of season ticket sales.
    I think both are legitimate points of view.