Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

It's a no from me. Our most regular attenders are catered for by away season tickets. After that a chance of a ticket is one of the attractions of buying a season ticket.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. The poll is open to all twitter users, not just their own members.

2. The poll question doesn’t appear use any language designed to persuade anyone to vote in a particular way

3. The vote had just short of 1,500 votes. That supporters club will have less than 50 members and not all of them will even have Twitter. Of the 1500 votes you’ll be lucky if 20 of them actually came from members of the supporters club. In other words you could completely ignore all the votes that come from their members and you’d still have an 80-20 split.
    To be fair anyone with a twitter account can vote not just Hibs fans. If it was a Hertz poll i would be voting the way i thought would cause their club the most problems.

The poll on twitter with well over 1000 more voters suggests it is
    I’ve seen twitter polls with much more voters than that where the vote for Scottish Independence was over 90%. I think we should replace polling stations with twitter polls.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The poll on twitter with well over 1000 more voters suggests it is
    Forgot our fan base was made up of around 1000 fans

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    To be fair anyone with a twitter account can vote not just Hibs fans. If it was a Hertz poll i would be voting the way i thought would cause their club the most problems.
    That’s true but if it was the case then the results would have shown a greater objection towards loyalty points when you consider the fact that Hearts, among others, use a loyalty points system that the fans generally feel positive towards.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I’ve seen twitter polls with much more voters than that where the vote for Scottish Independence was over 90%. I think we should replace polling stations with twitter polls.
    I hear you, and to be fair it has been addressed by the supporters club

“We know that this poll isn’t a definitive or conclusive representation of the supporters thoughts as a whole. However a sample size of 1437 fans in which 1164 voted in favour of loyalty points does indicate that there is a strong desire for their return”

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Forgot our fan base was made up of around 1000 fans
    As opposed to the poll of 107 that you were basing your conclusions on?

In any case, polls of all types only ever take a sample view and a sample of nearly 1500 opinions in just 24 hours is as good a representation as any. Certainly better than a sample view of 107 (which has also voted in favour of them by the way).

I'm surprised how close the poll is to be honest.

That’s true but if it was the case then the results would have shown a greater objection towards loyalty points when you consider the fact that Hearts, among others, use a loyalty points system that the fans generally feel positive towards.

I hear you, and to be fair it has been addressed by the supporters club

“We know that this poll isn’t a definitive or conclusive representation of the supporters thoughts as a whole. However a sample size of 1437 fans in which 1164 voted in favour of loyalty points does indicate that there is a strong desire for their return”
    ‘Among people who follow a twitter account for Hibs supporters who travel to away games’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    ‘Among people who follow a twitter account for Hibs supporters who travel to away games’

You said that already. Please see the posts below.

If you take away the 50 or so members that they have which may have a vested interest
    (which is generously assuming that every one of them has twitter and voted yes on the poll) then you still have a sample vote of around 1,400 to try and discredit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    They don’t take over 1000 to each game though - just the one 53 seater usually.
    1. The poll is open to all twitter users, not just their own members.

2. The poll question doesn’t appear use any language designed to persuade anyone to vote in a particular way

3. The vote had just short of 1,500 votes. That supporters club will have less than 50 members and not all of them will even have Twitter. Of the 1500 votes you’ll be lucky if 20 of them actually came from members of the supporters club. In other words you could completely ignore all the votes that come from their members and you’d still have an 80-20 split.

You said that already. Please see the posts below.

If you take away the 50 or so members that they have which may have a vested interest
    (which is generously assuming that every one of them has twitter and voted yes on the poll) then you still have a sample vote of around 1,400 to try and discredit.
    You don’t think it’s possible that they may be followed more by fans who travel to away games but not with them than fans in general?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    You don’t think it’s possible that they may be followed more by fans who travel to away games but not with them than fans in general?

It’s certainly possible but as I say, it’s an open poll available to everyone and not just their followers.

In any case, having looked though the tweets on that account it doesn’t appear to have any history of discussing ‘supporters rights’ or anything similar at all. It does actually appear to just be a generic fans account mainly with polls, pictures and match updates similar to here.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    It's a no from me. Our most regular attenders are catered for by away season tickets. After that a chance of a ticket is one of the attractions of buying a season ticket.
    I think you will find that a fair few AST holders want a points system reintroduced.

Why should someone who only travels as far as Tynecastle have the same entitlement to a ticket as someone who can’t commit to an away season ticket but still travels to 10+ games a season?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    You’re talking about a handful of people.The overwhelming majority don’t seem to give a monkey’s.
    That's because the vast majority of people don't go to away games so it doesn't affect them. The only people likely to vote in the poll are the ones it would affect

Total rubbish. So you are saying someone who goes to 15/18 away games a season should have the same chance as someone who goes to 0/18?

First Team Regular
    something missing from this thread is income disparity amongst supporters. Some fans on very low income, may be just as passionate and loyal to hibernian football club, as those that can afford to go to every home match and to any away matches. Away matches are a very expensive day out. i dont understand this idea that its a hardship to travel to watch hibs play anywhere (including cowdenbeath on a wet night) is ridiculous. Its something very low income people and families would love to be able to do. Also what about people who work long hours and shift work, they cant go to every match, but im sure they would love to, does that make them less loyal than those that have jobs that fit in to hibs match times. We need to think of others more, rather than our own situation. Thats why i oppose the loyalty scheme.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Total rubbish. So you are saying someone who goes to 15/18 away games a season should have the same chance as someone who goes to 0/18?
    It’s not total rubbish. That is exactly the clubs stance. We sell season tickets and we try to encourage more people to buy them by giving them the incentive of tickets for big games. While our season ticket sales continue to rise they won’t be changing it. It’s all about maximum revenue to put the best team on the park.

I can can see both sides point of view. Difficult one.

Yes.

I feel we need a poll to ascertain whether or not polls on hibs.net are trustworthy of the actual fans pov on subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    It’s not total rubbish. That is exactly the clubs stance. We sell season tickets and we try to encourage more people to buy them by giving them the incentive of tickets for big games. While our season ticket sales continue to rise they won’t be changing it. It’s all about maximum revenue to put the best team on the park.

I can can see both sides point of view. Difficult one.
    Exactly. Season tickets are the most important revenue stream for the club. Anything that devalues the season ticket should not even be considered in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    something missing from this thread is income disparity amongst supporters. Some fans on very low income, may be just as passionate and loyal to hibernian football club, as those that can afford to go to every home match and to any away matches. Away matches are a very expensive day out. i dont understand this idea that its a hardship to travel to watch hibs play anywhere (including cowdenbeath on a wet night) is ridiculous. Its something very low income people and families would love to be able to do. Also what about people who work long hours and shift work, they cant go to every match, but im sure they would love to, does that make them less loyal than those that have jobs that fit in to hibs match times. We need to think of others more, rather than our own situation. Thats why i oppose the loyalty scheme.
    You say you oppose a loyalty scheme because it's unfair to low income families etc. What about a low income family who cannot afford the upfront costs of a season ticket and are unable to get credit or don't want to tie themselves into the monthly repayment plan and attend several home and away games as a PATG supporter. A loyalty point scheme would be of benefit to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    Then use a ballot system. What about people who can't buy tickets online when they go on sale cause they are working?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Then use a ballot system. What about people who can't buy tickets online when they go on sale cause they are working?
    Exactly.

If you're going to make it random chance then make it fair random chance. I'd love to hear the argument that people who can take time off work or have multiple devices are more deserving of tickets.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’m surprised there’s such a clamour for tickets at Tynie and Ibrox with all the bigots and sectarian singing that goes on there.

Usually folk on here tell us how offended they are by it but now they’re worried they might miss out!

Baffling really.

My tuppence worth.

Spurs are away to West Ham this w/end, and like every away game in EPL ST holders have a window of normally 5 days ish) to apply.
    If 15k apply for 3k tickets the highest 3000 folk with LP are successful, Spurs announce that cut of point is such n such and those with 383pts or more get a ticket.
    If someone in your group of say 10 has 382 then tough.

Now, this is where I disagree with a LP system.... The same 3k folk always get the away tickets, I will never have enough pts because folk point harvest and resell said away ticket, and there is a huge market for this, some folk are happy to spend £30 (away tickets in EPL are capped at 30quid) just for the pts.

Non ST have zero chance, generally of an away ticket, unless buying from a point harvester.

I see both sides of this debate. But I'd rather a slim chance of say Chelsea away in a ballot than zero.

Regards
    Mr Lix

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix View Post
    My tuppence worth.

Spurs are away to West Ham this w/end, and like every away game in EPL ST holders have a window of normally 5 days ish) to apply.
    If 15k apply for 3k tickets the highest 3000 folk with LP are successful, Spurs announce that cut of point is such n such and those with 383pts or more get a ticket.
    If someone in your group of say 10 has 382 then tough.

Now, this is where I disagree with a LP system.... The same 3k folk always get the away tickets, I will never have enough pts because folk point harvest and resell said away ticket, and there is a huge market for this, some folk are happy to spend £30 (away tickets in EPL are capped at 30quid) just for the pts.

Non ST have zero chance, generally of an away ticket, unless buying from a point harvester.

I see both sides of this debate. But I'd rather a slim chance of say Chelsea away in a ballot than zero.

Regards
    Mr Lix
    Any idea how this impacts on sales of home STs? Do folk stay away completely cos they can’t get to away games?

Any idea how this impacts on sales of home STs? Do folk stay away completely cos they can’t get to away games?
    I would've thought it has no bearing whatsoever, you buy a ST to watch every home game, that's all.

Regards
    Mr Lix

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix View Post
    I would've thought it has no bearing whatsoever, you buy a ST to watch every home game, that's all.

Regards
    Mr Lix
    I would’ve thought the same - there seems to be a few on here who think differently though.

I would’ve thought the same - there seems to be a few on here who think differently though.
    If you miss 2/3, maybe more home games a season then the season ticket does not make financial sense but there are people who keep getting one because it give them access to big games. You can see that every game at Easter road when you see all the empty seats in sold out stands. Not everyone can make every game but they commit to the season ticket because it has other benefits over and above entry to home games. Take one of those benefits away and less people will buy. I would have thought that was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Why can we not have a ballot system for the away games likely to see out and the club try to ensure they meet as much demand as possible.

If you apply for all 6 you might get to see 3. If you apply for both Hearts games most will get to see one of them. Some of those applying for all 6 may not get to Tynecastle as with some who only appy for Tynecastle might miss out

If you do miss out and apply next season you are top of the list.
    Good idea, why not extend the ballot system for every away game, in that case?

Oh, that's right, half of the people who try for Tynecastle tickets have absolutely zero interest in going to any other Hibs away game. Silly me.