97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s what I thought. The away season ticket is a great deal for those who travel regularly and I have no objection to it being extended if need be.
    Get an away season ticket and be guaranteed a Tynecastle ticket. Don’t get one and you take your chances with the home season ticket holders. Very simple formula. Very little admin and very little scope for complaints which means cheap for Hibs to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This isn't directed at you but on the topic of AST...

The thing that confuses me is that there were lots of complaints about the loyalty point scheme (it devalues season tickets) and in particular HSL (devalues STs and allows people to buy their way to the top) but the AST has exactly the same impact and there's hardly a peep. In fact, a big difference between the two is that instead of extra income going to Hibs, it is guaranteed income going to competitors regardless of whether our fans go or not.

For what it's worth I'm comfortable with either but when fan reaction defies logic it really shows what the club is up against.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This isn't directed at you but on the topic of AST...

The thing that confuses me is that there were lots of complaints about the loyalty point scheme (it devalues season tickets) and in particular HSL (devalues STs and allows people to buy their way to the top) but the AST has exactly the same impact and there's hardly a peep. In fact, a big difference between the two is that instead of extra income going to Hibs, it is guaranteed income going to competitors regardless of whether our fans go or not.

For what it's worth I'm comfortable with either but when fan reaction defies logic it really shows what the club is up against.
    I would guess that the vast majority of away season ticket holders are season ticket holders as well, and if it means other season ticket holders still have a shout at getting tickets to the bigger away games I think most folk would be happy enough with that arrangement.

Loyalty points could, I suppose, leave some season ticket holders with no chance of a ticket to these games, which isn't right (imho).

I don't think there is a solution that ticks all boxes for everyone, and the biggest issue is that folk will complain until the solution meets their specific needs.

I'm not fussed one way or the other, really - I only go to a handful of away games each season but have a season ticket. I would like to think that if I did fancy a derby at Tiny or away to Rangers or Celtic, that I would have a chance of going, though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Our fans reps have already told us (that they have been told) they will not be brought back.
    Fans reps are a waste of time

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Our fans reps have already told us (that they have been told) they will not be brought back.

As fans reps they should be pushing for them to be brought back, fans reps are supposed to be liaising with the club asking for what the fans want within reason. They shouldn't really be accepting No as an answer when a clear majority want them brought back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I would guess that the vast majority of away season ticket holders are season ticket holders as well, and if it means other season ticket holders still have a shout at getting tickets to the bigger away games I think most folk would be happy enough with that arrangement.

Loyalty points could, I suppose, leave some season ticket holders with no chance of a ticket to these games, which isn't right (imho).

I don't think there is a solution that ticks all boxes for everyone, and the biggest issue is that folk will complain until the solution meets their specific needs.

I'm not fussed one way or the other, really - I only go to a handful of away games each season but have a season ticket. I would like to think that if I did fancy a derby at Tiny or away to Rangers or Celtic, that I would have a chance of going, though.
    All away ST have a home ST.

I rarely go to away games but think a points system should be in place.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    As fans reps they should be pushing for them to be brought back, fans reps are supposed to be liaising with the club asking for what the fans want within reason. They shouldn't really be accepting No as an answer when a clear majority want them brought back.
    I was thinking this last night - whoever stands next should use this on their manifesto. Even that should beat promising they’ll engage more often on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I was thinking this last night - whoever stands next should use this on their manifesto. Even that should beat promising they’ll engage more often on the forums.

They are meant to be pains in the erse for the club to deal with, very much like union reps.

They are meant to be pains in the erse for the club to deal with, very much like union reps.
    But they'll no dae that cause they dinnae want to upset the apple cart.

Fans reps get elected then go aw starry eyed as they rub shoulders with the board. Nowt against Frank but he must not be elected again.

@hibs.net private member
    They’d be better having a good relationship with the board where they can influence. Traditional union stuff won’t work.

Just agreeing with the board and not challenging them can’t be the way to go. In fact I reckon LD would welcome a challenge - any good manager I’ve worked for in the past welcomes it and thrives when being challenged.

Just move the game to Murrayfield

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Not if the ticket allocation scheme is designed correctly.

Other clubs stagger ticket allocations using loyalty points.

First allocation to season ticket holders with greater than (say) 500 points.

Then season ticket holders with more than 250 points

Season ticket holders with less than 50 points.

Then non-season ticket holder with greater than 500 points.

etc. etc.

It would make buying ticket for big games far less stressful and avoid IT meltdowns with everyone trying to get on at once.

The opposition to loyalty points is Neanderthal

Clear majority? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Clear majority? Where?
    62% on this poll, and then on this one on Twitter it's absolutely overwhelming at 81%: https://twitter.com/FourInHandHSC/st...66575935574021

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    Fans reps are a waste of time
    Fact.

Clear majority? Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    62% on this poll, and then on this one on Twitter it's absolutely overwhelming at 81%: https://twitter.com/FourInHandHSC/st...66575935574021

Thats the one I meant. Don't have twitter though.

@hibs.net private member
    143% overall, that is overwhelming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    143% overall, that is overwhelming!!!

And if the news about some poor bugger having their tickets cancelled due to a double booking is true then we surely have to look at the points coming back.

You’re talking about a handful of people.The overwhelming majority don’t seem to give a monkey’s.

Testimonial Due
    And if the news about some poor bugger having their tickets cancelled due to a double booking is true then we surely have to look at the points coming back.
    It's not though, is it.

Bet you're gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    It's not though, is it.

Bet you're gutted.

Why would I be gutted?

A poll conducted by a supporters club that takes fans to away games is showing a majority in favour of rewarding fans who go to away games with guaranteed Tynecastle tickets? I’m shocked.

@hibs.net private member
    A poll conducted by a supporters club that takes fans to away games is showing a majority in favour of rewarding fans who go to away games with guaranteed Tynecastle tickets? I’m shocked.

They don’t take over 1000 to each game though - just the one 53 seater usually.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    You’re talking about a handful of people.The overwhelming majority don’t seem to give a monkey’s.
    Around 1500 people voted in only 24 hours. That’s a very good number of participants for such a small timeframe.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

1. The poll is open to all twitter users, not just their own members.

2. The poll question doesn’t appear use any language designed to persuade anyone to vote in a particular way

3. The vote had just short of 1,500 votes. That supporters club will have less than 50 members and not all of them will even have Twitter. Of the 1500 votes you’ll be lucky if 20 of them actually came from members of the supporters club. In other words you could completely ignore all the votes that come from their members and you’d still have an 80-20 split.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I don't get this whole "we tried loyalty points once, you all moaned about it, therefore we're NEVER DOING IT AGAIN and you'll all just have to do the lottery thing" argument from the club.

Some people moaned about loyalty points. EVERYONE moans about the current system yet nothing is done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I don't get this whole "we tried loyalty points once, you all moaned about it, therefore we're NEVER DOING IT AGAIN and you'll all just have to do the lottery thing" argument from the club.

Some people moaned about loyalty points. EVERYONE moans about the current system yet nothing is done about it.
    The folk that moaned were the ones that didn't have enough points for the big games, but they knew they wouldn't have enough if they didn't go to the smaller games.

Why can we not have a ballot system for the away games likely to see out and the club try to ensure they meet as much demand as possible.

If you apply for all 6 you might get to see 3. If you apply for both Hearts games most will get to see one of them. Some of those applying for all 6 may not get to Tynecastle as with some who only appy for Tynecastle might miss out

If you do miss out and apply next season you are top of the list.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    For me it has to simply be about season tickets and away games. And as an out of town supporter that would actually disadvantage me as I often use the PATG option for away games.

No points for having a season ticket, although season ticket holders get priority, and no points for anything else (such as HSL, merchandise, etc.).

Don't get the 200 points for this, 50 points for that either. 1 point for an away game - and that's it.

Let the scheme run for a year, to see who goes to away games, then implement it at the start of the following season.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

The poll seems to suggest that it's not the overwhelming majority that want loyalty points back that many on here suggest..

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The poll seems to suggest that it's not the overwhelming majority that want loyalty points back that many on here suggest..
    The poll on twitter with well over 1000 more voters suggests it is