Left by mutual consent!

Loyalty Points

Bring them back. Simple as.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hear hear! But it will never happen

They took them away because ticket office staff were being abused, by that logic should we abuse the ticket office staff so much so that they have to bring them back?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    They took them away because ticket office staff were being abused, by that logic should we abuse the ticket office staff so much so that they have to bring them back?
    Why not deal with the individuals abusing the staff rather than punish folk by removing the LP scheme.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Just give all tickets to Hermit Crab and he can decide who is worthy of a ticket or not

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Just give all tickets to Hermit Crab and he can decide who is worthy of a ticket or not
    He'd run the show.

Controversial point:

i dont think we should bring loyalty points.

I appreciate that many will disagree, but our club should be an open shop to our 8,000 new season ticket holder since 2016. Giving priority to that 8,000 core for away games won’t enthuse, and we need newbies to be as welcome as possible, and have them renew for years to come. Locking newbies out of our biggest away games would be the wrong move imo.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post

The staff were abused (unacceptable) because some fans didn't understand fully how the LP system worked, there was fans queuing for tickets for bigger games like hearts away and then getting to the front to be told that one or more of their group didn't have enough loyalty points therefore couldn't get a ticket. Then there was the HSL fiasco which totally ruined it.

I fully support bringing LP's back but its a shame our CEO point blank refuses to discuss it.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The staff were abused (unacceptable) because some fans didn't understand fully how the LP system worked, there was fans queuing for tickets for bigger games like hearts away and then getting to the front to be told that one or more of their group didn't have enough loyalty points therefore couldn't get a ticket. Then there was the HSL fiasco which totally ruined it.

I fully support bringing LP's back but its a shame our CEO point blank refuses to discuss it.
    I'm not surprised she won't discuss it.

A lot of people view the HSL points ruining it but my view that there is nothing wrong with incentivising something that brings cash into the club. I accept it caused friction and disagreement but that existed to an extent anyway.

People will ultimately disagree and it seems the hassle of resolving that isn't offset by any benefits.

Fully agree with you Hermit Crab.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    if our crowds go back down to below 10k again the club will introduce a ground-breaking new scheme, this new scheme will probably be called something like, ermm... 'loyalty points'

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    LD doesn't like the loyalty point system and won't even discuss it never mind reintroduce it.

Not going to happen...why should the loyalists get all the best tickets when they already claim to have tht best tunes?

Should never have got rid of the Loyalty point scheme.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Groundhog Day.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Not for me. Season ticket holders first (to incentivise buying a St) and then General Sale.

In my opinion it would be a mistake to get to a position whereby non season ticket holders are effectively locked out of getting a ticket for away matches.

I know in my case, it was travelling to a few away matches as a non season ticket holder and experiencing the away support that convinced me to get a full season ticket.

I struggle to understand why people feel it's fair for someone who goes to no away games but has a season ticket has the same chances of getting a ticket as somebody who goes to every away game and has a season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I struggle to understand why people feel it's fair for someone who goes to no away games but has a season ticket has the same chances of getting a ticket as somebody who goes to every away game and has a season ticket
    You're right, it's not rocket science.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yeah but in a similar vein it’s not rocket science to think that all ST holders should have an equal opportunity.

It’s not that folk don’t understand your point of view, it’s just that some people see it differently.

There’s no right or wrong, just different views.

Again, why do you care if some people don’t see the merit in a loyalty scheme? No one here is a decision maker.

You need to convince the board to change their mind, not some strangers on here or social media.

There should be a Loyalty Points system based on how many Hibs Tatoos you have, with double points given for any in 'painful' regions.

@hibs.net private member
    I like the idea of an Away Season Ticket for those who are keen to commit to every away game then as a secondary way of allocating tickets a loyalty scheme.

I've got an away season ticket this year and it's flawless (apart from the restricted view nonsense lol).

If Hibs wanted to bring in the LP system for the 2019/20 season then heres how easy it is.

If you had a 18/19 season ticket coupled with an away season ticket this season and renew then you start of on 60 points.

If you just had an 18/19 season ticket and renew you start with 50 points.

If you're a first time purchaser of a season ticket in 2019/20 season then you get 40 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Away games

Loyalty points for away games issued as follows (depending on league participants) and depending whether tickets are issued by the respective clubs although most clubs no longer accommodate PATG without tickets going on sale first.

Hearts, Celtic, Rangers away, 1 loyalty point for big away games smaller allocation (hearts isn't exactly away so 1 loyalty point)

Livingston, Motherwell, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee 2 points, fairly easy to get to with large away allocations but can be unattractive to fans so more loyalty points for attending these lesser attractive games.

Aberdeen away, 3 loyalty points, long distance to travel, unattractive in the winter and usually tv games but incentive to go with more points for attending.

If Ross County or Inverness come up then they would be 3 point matches going by distance and and attractiveness of the fixtures.

Cup away games would depend on the draw and allocation. Use the method above regarding distance as a general rule of thumb.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home games

Points issued in the following way for home games.

Cup matches that season Ticket Holders attend gets you 1 loyalty point if you buy a ticket through the website, call centre or ticket office getting the ticket using their client reference number. (NB if you buy multiple tickets for friends using you client ref then you still only get 1 point for your actual ticket for your seat.

Walk ups (PATG) 0 loyalty points, I know it seems harsh but the incentive is there to buy in advance to get points, tickets can be bought online minutes before kick off and scanned from phones at turnstiles.

No retrospective adding of points etc.

No points for pies, clubs shop crap and pints behind the goals. Points are for tickets only.

At the end of the season everyone gets 50 knocked off their total and he scheme begins again.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 10-10-2018 at 03:47 PM.

If Hibs wanted to bring in the LP system for the 2019/20 season then heres how easy it is.

If you had a 18/19 season ticket coupled with an away season ticket this season and renew then you start of on 60 points.

If you're a first time purchaser of a season ticket in 2019/20 season then you get 40 points.

Away games

Loyalty points for away games issued as follows (depending on league participants) and depending whether tickets are issued by the respective clubs although most clubs no longer accommodate PATG without tickets going on sale first.

Hearts, Celtic, Rangers away, 1 loyalty point for big away games smaller allocation (hearts isn't exactly away so 1 loyalty point)

Livingston, Motherwell, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee 2 points, fairly easy to get to with large away allocations but can be unattractive to fans so more loyalty points for attending these lesser attractive games.

Aberdeen away, 3 loyalty points, long distance to travel, unattractive in the winter and usually tv games but incentive to go with more points for attending.

If Ross County or Inverness come up then they would be 3 point matches going by distance and and attractiveness of the fixtures.

Cup away games would depend on the draw and allocation. Use the method above regarding distance as a general rule of thumb.

Home games

Cup matches that season Ticket Holders attend gets you 1 loyalty point if you buy a ticket through the website, call centre or ticket office getting the ticket using their client reference number. (NB if you buy multiple tickets for friends using you client ref then you still only get 1 point for your actual ticket for your seat.

Walk ups (PATG) 0 loyalty points, I know it seems harsh but the incentive is there to buy in advance to get points, tickets can be bought online minutes before kick off and scanned from phones at turnstiles.

No points for pies, clubs shop crap and pints behind the goals. Points are for tickets only.

At the end of the season everyone gets 50 knocked off their total and he scheme begins again.
    Similar to my idea. I don't see how people don't seem this as fair.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Similar to my idea. I don't see how people don't seem this as fair.

Its so simple but Hibs made it so difficult.

Away games

Home games

I agree with that except I wouldn’t give any loyalty points for attending Tynie, Ibrox or Parkhead given the demand will be far greater than the allocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I agree with that except I wouldn’t give any loyalty points for attending Tynie, Ibrox or Parkhead given the demand will be far greater than the allocation

Yeah thats fair enough.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep. I’m not even going to waste my time trying to get a ticket for the Derby at the end of the month.

Leeann is very smart and will never devalue the season ticket again. It’s the most important revenue generator for the club and she wants to keep it that way.

@hibs.net private member
    First thing that needs done is to change the name from loyalty points as this causes friction as fans all regard themselves as loyal and most invest a fair chunk into the club through various methods.

LD has said no on numerous occasions so it’s not coming back as fans threatened not to renew their STs as they had no chance of getting a ticket for Hearts away. The AST works,so maybe we could have a scheme where fans sign up for half AST or a Cat AST

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    LD has said no on numerous occasions so it’s not coming back as fans threatened not to renew their STs as they had no chance of getting a ticket for Hearts away. The AST works,so maybe we could have a scheme where fans sign up for half AST or a Cat AST
    Well those fans, quite frankly, are absolutely petulant part-timers.