• No

54 35.76%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about a simple Ballot?

Everyone who wants to go to an away game, add your name to a list and draw the names out a hat.

Draw requires to be fully transparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    If I don't get a ticket for the away end which is rare anyway then I sit in the home end.

It's no Biggie.

We don't need loyalty points. We rarely sell out our away allocation

We are riding a wave and this is what happens when you support a club that's doing well
    We don’t have the numbers travelling to away games to require a ballot for most of them, and the fact we rarely sell out our away allocation is exactly why we should have a scheme of sorts in place to ensure those supporting the club on the road most regularly get priority for the more in demand fixtures.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Cost/resource must be a factor. Why else would we have binned it?
    It created too much work for ticket office staff.

Fans who paid at the gate for away matches missed out on points.

Fans tried to pull a fast one or didn’t understand how it worked and felt they missed out on tickets.

Ticket office staff were abused.

Leeann was bombarded with complaints about the system and how it was unfair.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

If she was "bombarded" about the loyalty points system I dread to think what her inbox has been like since she ditched it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I attended every single game in our promotion season. Home and away. All cup ties as well, except the Scottish cup tie at tynecastle because I couldn't get a ticket. Is that fair?
    No, it's simply not fair, and I genuinely cannot fathom that there are people who think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If Hibs wanted to bring in the LP system for the 2019/20 season then heres how easy it is.

If you had a 18/19 season ticket coupled with an away season ticket this season and renew then you start of on 60 points.

If you just had an 18/19 season ticket and renew you start with 50 points.

If you're a first time purchaser of a season ticket in 2019/20 season then you get 40 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Away games

Loyalty points for away games issued as follows (depending on league participants) and depending whether tickets are issued by the respective clubs although most clubs no longer accommodate PATG without tickets going on sale first.

Hearts, Celtic, Rangers away, 1 loyalty point for big away games smaller allocation (hearts isn't exactly away so 1 loyalty point)

Livingston, Motherwell, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee 2 points, fairly easy to get to with large away allocations but can be unattractive to fans so more loyalty points for attending these lesser attractive games.

Aberdeen away, 3 loyalty points, long distance to travel, unattractive in the winter and usually tv games but incentive to go with more points for attending.

If Ross County or Inverness come up then they would be 3 point matches going by distance and and attractiveness of the fixtures.

Cup away games would depend on the draw and allocation. Use the method above regarding distance as a general rule of thumb.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home games

Points issued in the following way for home games.

Cup matches that season Ticket Holders attend gets you 1 loyalty point if you buy a ticket through the website, call centre or ticket office getting the ticket using their client reference number. (NB if you buy multiple tickets for friends using you client ref then you still only get 1 point for your actual ticket for your seat.

Walk ups (PATG) 0 loyalty points, I know it seems harsh but the incentive is there to buy in advance to get points, tickets can be bought online minutes before kick off and scanned from phones at turnstiles.

No retrospective adding of points etc.

No points for pies, clubs shop crap and pints behind the goals. Points are for tickets only.

At the end of the season everyone gets 50 knocked off their total and he scheme begins again.
    I agree with that except I wouldn’t give any loyalty points for attending Tynie, Ibrox or Parkhead given the demand will be far greater than the allocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I agree with that except I wouldn’t give any loyalty points for attending Tynie, Ibrox or Parkhead given the demand will be far greater than the allocation

Yeah thats fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I wonder how other clubs cope with it being called a “loyalty scheme”

I wonder how other clubs cope with the increased costs and increased resource needed at their ticket office

I wonder how other clubs cope with point whores

I wonder how other clubs cope with season ticket holders threatening to stop buying their season ticket

Other clubs cope because it is such a simple logic: the more games you go to, the more points you get and the more chance you have of getting a ticket for the bigger games.
    Simple

It created too much work for ticket office staff.

Fans who paid at the gate for away matches missed out on points.

Fans tried to pull a fast one or didn’t understand how it worked and felt they missed out on tickets.

Ticket office staff were abused.

All avoidable. Just needs someone who knows what they are doing to run and implement a scheme.
    We seemed to have one and then we started giving points because someone can pay more than the next person by subscribing to HLS.

You probably summed it all up in the last sentence. If you create the problem by get the complaints. That's not the reason to scrap it - it's the prompt to sort it.
    We class ourselves as a big club. Time we started behaving like one. Smaller clubs than us have loyalty points schemes that work so why not us?

If I don't get a ticket for the away end which is rare anyway then I sit in the home end.

It's no Biggie.

We are riding a wave and this is what happens when you support a club that's doing well
    This

It's no Biggie.

so you will have no probs getting into Celtic Park, Ibrox, Tynecastle Park or even Pittodrie then ? I somehow dinnae understand what the hell you are oan aboot!!!. we could sell our away tickets for those games 3 times over. we cant because we cant get them!! all of those games are selt oot, nae probs. our supporter's branch are always toiling to run a bus because our members and regulars cant get enough tickets for these games. cant figure out where you are coming from.

I would like to know how many tickets the ticket office staff get for these big games or is it a case of as many as you like, seems nowadays its all about who you know.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

It's no Biggie.

You would generally only need to do this at three away grounds. Ibrox, Parkhead and Tynecastle.

People can do it at Parkhead easily enough, but will have no chance (unless they have friends from the dark side) for next games at Tynecastle or Ibrox because there wont be any tickets to buy in the home end, so it's not a good solution.

Heres the problem though as well with your last sentence. When we are doing well, everyone wants to go to big games. A loyalty system could and should recognise the fans who consistently watch the team away from home when things arent going so well.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Loyalty points are probably the fairest way to go, but it isn’t perfect.

I’m a Scotland travel club member and generally go to 2 or 3 away games per campaign. With last the last campaign being my most active and was at 4 of the 5 games only missing Slovenia away. The travel club is a closed shop and for years I’ve been stuck in the cycle of sitting in the home end as can’t get into the away end, which gets me no points and so the cycle continues. I know people who have bought tickets for games they have no intention of going to just to keep their points total. While I’ve been in the home end.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post

The fans who stamped their feet and threatened to withdraw their season ticket if they didn't get a shot at Roseburn tickets despite never going to away games are, yes, part timers in terms of away attendance. What else would you call somebody who doesn't go to a single away game all season and then rocks up expecting a chance at a ticket for the glamour games?

tbf that was quite funny, supposed uber fans threatening to turn their backs on the club....aye very uber

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    It's actually not a terrible idea, not sure how serious you were being?

Rather than loyalty, it's attendance points. You collect points for each game attended and at the end of the season they get allocated for the next seasons ticket purchases. Do away with the AST as you don't need two schemes in places and the lions share if the admin work for this is done throughout the close season.

yep i'm being serious, i've mentioned this point a few times on here over the years just because someone has the cash to splash out on a ST doesn't mean he/she is any more loyal than someone who can only(or chooses to) pay at the gate for all home games, some seem to think those that buy a ST and choose to go to only a handful of games a season are somehow more loyal but i did read on an earlier post that one of our special fans thinks it's perfectly fine to dish out 0 loyalty points to walk-ups
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 11-10-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    tbf that was quite funny, supposed uber fans threatening to turn their backs on the club....aye very uber

yep i'm being serious, i've mentioned this point a few times on here over the years just because someone has the cash to splash out on a ST doesn't mean he/she is any more loyal than someone who can only(or chooses to) pay at the gate for all home games, some seem to think those that buy a ST and choose to go to only a handful of games a season are somehow more loyal but i did read on an earlier post that one of our special fans thinks it's perfectly fine to dish out 0 loyalty points to walk-ups
    This is why a simple name change would wipe out a massive part of the problem. No more wacky interpretations of what constitutes ‘loyalty’, even though we all know exactly what it means in this context.

Attendance points. Points for attending games. You can be the most loyal Hibs fan in the world by whatever interpretation you want but if you don’t go to the games then you don’t pick up the points.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Loyalty points are probably the fairest way to go, but it isn’t perfect.

I’m a Scotland travel club member and generally go to 2 or 3 away games per campaign. With last the last campaign being my most active and was at 4 of the 5 games only missing Slovenia away. The travel club is a closed shop and for years I’ve been stuck in the cycle of sitting in the home end as can’t get into the away end, which gets me no points and so the cycle continues. I know people who have bought tickets for games they have no intention of going to just to keep their points total. While I’ve been in the home end.

I thought the Scottish FA selected people at random who'd bought tickets for away games meaning they had to go and collect them at a certain point in the city of the game?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This is why a simple name change would wipe out a massive part of the problem. No more wacky interpretations of what constitutes ‘loyalty’, even though we all know exactly what it means in this context.

Attendance points. Points for attending games. You can be the most loyal Hibs fan in the world by whatever interpretation you want but if you don’t go to the games then you don’t pick up the points.

fair points, agree with all of this

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    so you will have no probs getting into Celtic Park, Ibrox, Tynecastle Park or even Pittodrie then ? I somehow dinnae understand what the hell you are oan aboot!!!. we could sell our away tickets for those games 3 times over. we cant because we cant get them!! all of those games are selt oot, nae probs. our supporter's branch are always toiling to run a bus because our members and regulars cant get enough tickets for these games. cant figure out where you are coming from.
    Buy an away season ticket then

Thankfully the club have decided to maximise the money given to the manager for improving the team rather than spend it on a scheme to improve distribution of tickets for other clubs grounds. It’s a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Thankfully the club have decided to maximise the money given to the manager for improving the team rather than spend it on a scheme to improve distribution of tickets for other clubs grounds. It’s a good decision.

You mention the cost nearly every single time. Do you have any idea how much it costs the club? Even a rough indication? £50 a week? £100? £500?

Given that you continually mention the cost I'm assuming you have some rough idea and guide to what these costs are.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We've had this discussion many times, but it seems that ship has sailed. I think some form of loyalty scheme is a good idea, but there will always be folk who find fault. No system is perfect, and the endless arguments get tiresome. Looks like we'll just have to endure the free for all.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    You mention the cost nearly every single time. Do you have any idea how much it costs the club? Even a rough indication? £50 a week? £100? £500?

Given that you continually mention the cost I'm assuming you have some rough idea and guide to what these costs are.
    I already covered this earlier in the thread. Too lazy to type it again.

Buy an away season ticket then

You can't buy an away season ticket, there is no upfront cost involved like a home season ticket. By signing up for the away season ticket you commit to purchasing a ticket for every single away match regardless if you can make the game or not. Numbers were limited and not everyone who applied was successful I believe.

Look, if you just want to have a chance of tickets for away games, you can say it. Even though you’d be mistaken to think that loyalty points would stop you getting away tickets, I’m not going to judge you for having vested interests, in fact I’d probably understand your dedication to arguing against loyalty points more.

But if you actually think that a loyalty points system akin to the one that Hearts manage to run with zero fuss is somehow unfair or costly to Hibs, then you are wrong. Just plain wrong.
    Last edited by HibeeHibernian4; 11-10-2018 at 02:38 PM.

I already covered this earlier in the thread. Too lazy to type it again.

So you don't know is the answer.

@hibs.net private member
    This thread has got me thinking. I've been a regular at ER since the 50s, before loyalty point schemes, and when you could only buy a season ticket for the centre and north sections of the old stand. There's only been a couple of seasons when I haven't missed a game home or away and both were at times when I didn't have a season ticket (in my case pre 1970).
    These days, although I rarely miss a home game, I only manage a few away matches due to family commitments.
    I've no axe to grind over loyalty points, one way or the other, but it seems fair to me that regular attenders, home and away, should be given priority when it comes to acquiring tickets for games when we only have a small allocation.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    So you don't know is the answer.
    How could he possibly know? Unless he does, which he doesn’t !!

He is right however to say that there will be a cost involved.

If every penny raised through HSL is important to us then surely the same applies to every penny spent?

@hibs.net private member
    Honest question and not trying to stir things. How many people do you know that want tickets but miss out on Tynecastle, Ibrox or Parkhead?

I have a st and have had it for a gd few years, i would like to see a loyalty system in place.
    A simple idea would be points added for cup tie tickets ie, home tickets in league and scottish cup ties, it may help more people to buy tickets for less glamoures games. This could also help walk up fans who are on the system

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Honest question and not trying to stir things. How many people do you know that want tickets but miss out on Tynecastle, Ibrox or Parkhead?
    Me and 3 other home and away regulars missed a game at Ibrox a few years ago