• Yes

97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the league 900 is the minimum but we could get less in a cup game so they have to play safe.

I read on here it was fully subscribed but no idea if anyone was turned away. I’m not sure how high the demand is for one.
    Have to admit I have no idea myself but an easy solution to this is to expand it to maybe 600. That way all the regular away attendees are looked after for big away games. Infrequent away attendees like myself are in with the rest. Easy to administer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Have to admit I have no idea myself but an easy solution to this is to expand it to maybe 600. That way all the regular away attendees are looked after for big away games. Infrequent away attendees like myself are in with the rest. Easy to administer.

There’s logic in there but it’d still be an all or nothing system and those that go to most games would be tied into buying tickets for all games for no benefit.

There’s logic in there but it’d still be an all or nothing system and those that go to most games would be tied into buying tickets for all games for no benefit.
    That’s the way season tickets have always worked. Very few people get full value for money with their season tickets because there are usually a couple of games a season that get missed for one reason or another.
    The away season ticket looks after the most frequent attendees but also preserves the value of the home season ticket by allowing access to Tynecastle tickets.

Testimonial Due
    The old one was always badly implemented, that and the HSL nonsense poisoned the idea of a loyalty scheme.

I just don't think we need one, it solves a problem that doesn't exist.

As a ST holder, if I bother my arse to log in to eticketing on the morning tickets go on sale for any game, I'll get tickets. Sure, the online ticket scramble is a pain but if you're there on time you won't miss out.

So are the ubers really just looking to have their special status acknowledged and protected, by exempting them from having to take part in the scramble? Either that, or what they really want is guaranteed access to the 'best tickets' at away grounds, rather than just being able to buy a ticket.

I've got nothing against a loyalty scheme in principal, but we don't need one.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    As a ST holder, if I bother my arse to log in to eticketing on the morning tickets go on sale for any game, I'll get tickets. Sure, the online ticket scramble is a pain but if you're there on time you won't miss out.
    That’s just not true, as I’m sure many people on here could testify to.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

I couldn't get tickets for hearts games twice last year despite being there on time and having the browser open for over an hour.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    On point A, the club has to sell away tickets no matter what. Having 300 sold without any extra work every week is a benefit to the club.
    I’d be happy enough for them to open up the away season ticket, that way there would be no need for a loyalty point scheme.

How are the 300 tickets no extra work,? it's the same amount of work as if non AST ticket holders buy them, they have to be allocated, payment processed, receipts printed then placed into envelopes and posted.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

I couldn't get tickets for hearts games twice last year despite being there on time and having the browser open for over an hour.
    At times we have had 4 folk on two or three different devices and still missed out. Last game at Tynie we managed to get 5 single tickets scattered all over the place.

In the league 900 is the minimum but we could get less in a cup game so they have to play safe.

I read on here it was fully subscribed but no idea if anyone was turned away. I’m not sure how high the demand is for one.
    It is fully subscribed and there is a waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    How are the 300 tickets no extra work,? it's the same amount of work as if non AST ticket holders buy them, they have to be allocated, payment processed, receipts printed then placed into envelopes and posted.
    My argument was that they were not extra work. I’m happy enough to accept that it’s the same amount of work (although personally I think it will be easier than selling to the public).

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What a lot of people forget is you can get up the ladder for key away games if you have a loyalty scheme in place.

If you look at this season, Hibs have had 3 home European ties and 2 Betfred Cup ties too. These games would have added up to much more loyalty points than away games so far

So most of the these fans would have almost automatically got tickets for Tynecastle if they’d attended all

Might also have added a few more to home gates too, if a scheme was in place

It is fully subscribed and there is a waiting list.
    I would think you would not have to go much higher than the 300 before everyone who wants one gets one and then everyone is happy?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I attended every single game in our promotion season. Home and away. All cup ties as well, except the Scottish cup tie at tynecastle because I couldn't get a ticket. Is that fair?
    It’s tough luck but hardly unfair, plenty missed out.

The old one was always badly implemented, that and the HSL nonsense poisoned the idea of a loyalty scheme.

So are the ubers really just looking to have their special status acknowledged and protected, by exempting them from having to take part in the scramble? Either that, or what they really want is guaranteed access to the 'best tickets' at away grounds, rather than just being able to buy a ticket.

Calling supporters who have the audacity to go every week "ubers", says more about you than anything else
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Correct, but I think the poster in question has previous for nonsense like this. And calling away fans "ubers" is just attention-seeking.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

You must have uber wifi then and nobody is guaranteed at ticket in the online scramble and fine you know it.

Away fans are ubers now? Would they still be ubers if there was a LP scheme in place which is fairer for everyone?

I go to about 90% of away games so am I classed as an uber? Just wondering so I know if I can put it on my CV or not.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Why is your preferred choice of private hire transport relevant to buying Hibs tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I go to about 90% of away games so am I classed as an uber? Just wondering so I know if I can put it on my CV or not.
    Depends on your reason for missing the other 10%.

Depends on your reason for missing the other 10%.

Shifts/standbys at work, saving for a mortgage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Shifts/standbys at work, saving for a mortgage, etc.
    Work might be ok to retain your uber status but a true Uber fan would be expected to postpone home ownership for however long it took in order to be ever present. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    It’s tough luck but hardly unfair, plenty missed out.
    Yeah, I agree. I wasn't really saying it was or it wasn't. Just giving an extreme example. I know of a few people who only attended that away game all season.

At times we have had 4 folk on two or three different devices and still missed out. Last game at Tynie we managed to get 5 single tickets scattered all over the place.
    I was the same, which is why it annoys me that there isn’t an option to choose however many tickets you are after, and the system allocate you seats (ie 5 together, or a 3 and a 2, or if there genuinely are just singles available then 5 singles). Would save so much time and hassle, having to select every different section to find out whether it is sold out or not, to then add that one ticket to your basket, to then go through it all again for ticket 2 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I was the same, which is why it annoys me that there isn’t an option to choose however many tickets you are after, and the system allocate you seats (ie 5 together, or a 3 and a 2, or if there genuinely are just singles available then 5 singles). Would save so much time and hassle, having to select every different section to find out whether it is sold out or not, to then add that one ticket to your basket, to then go through it all again for ticket 2 etc.
    I agree that there should be a ‘I don’t give a flying **** what section, just give me a ticket option’ to save all faffing about trying different sections.

Not everyone is able to take time off or skive at work to attempt to get tickets so a loyalty point scheme would allow those fans to get their tickets in their own time within a limited window.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)

Bring back loyalty points

This is getting to be a joke. We are all busy but to waste time on getting tickets for these big games is beyond ridiculous. We had loyalty points before but HSL and their 100 points reward screwed it all up.

BRING THEM BACK NOW HIBS

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_70 View Post
    This is getting to be a joke. We are all busy but to waste time on getting tickets for these big games is beyond ridiculous. We had loyalty points before but HSL and their 100 points reward screwed it all up.

BRING THEM BACK NOW HIBS

Not going to happen. As much as we'd all like this system brought back the powers that be prefer the lottery we currently have.

Pressure has to be put in LD to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    Not going to happen. As much as we'd all like this system brought back the powers that be prefer the lottery we currently have.
    we had loyalty points, there was huge complaints, now we have a lottery.

We have a lottery, there's huge complaints.

The club can't win regardless, so why change it?

The only possible reason is to stop the incredibly boring whinging bring back loyalty points threads.