• Yes

97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we had loyalty points, there was huge complaints, now we have a lottery.

We have a lottery, there's huge complaints.

The club can't win regardless, so why change it?

The only possible reason is to stop the incredibly boring whinging bring back loyalty points threads.
    Who exactly complained about loyalty points? We had a system that while not perfect made things simpler. Yes it needed tweaked a bit but to remove it on the basis of a small minority complaining rather than consultation isn't good business practice imho.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

The only possible reason is to stop the incredibly boring whinging bring back loyalty points threads.
    Or for fans who want a LP system reintroduced to be as vocal and cause as much hassle as the fans who got it abandoned in the first place.

Not going to happen. I've said it before but while we are seeing record season ticket sales the club won't risk implementing anything that could potentially impact that. I'm not saying it's right but it's the reality.

Testimonial Due

Should just be a genuine lottery i.e. A ballot of ST holders who want to go. Much simpler.

The club and Dempster in particular will just stick her fingers in her ears until the complaints about this die down. And then the same thing will happen the next time tickets are in high demand.

It's been happening for years now. Some supporter experience this Leeann.

This post genuinely raised my blood pressure a bit.

The only reason to change it is because it is INFINITELY FAIRER than a lottery.

The club can win, they can look after their loyalest away fans who travel up and down Scotland to support Hibs, and not give a damn what the latecomers think about where 1,000 Tynecastle tickets should go.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    How is this different to the thread a couple of days ago about loyalty points? It’s all been said and done numerous times before.

Maybe better getting in touch with the club?

Left by mutual consent!
    It’s nothing short of a disgrace that the club don’t have a loyalty points system. Today has been yet another shambles

I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackh View Post
    It’s nothing short of a disgrace that the club don’t have a loyalty points system. Today has been yet another shambles
    Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    The old one was always badly implemented, that and the HSL nonsense poisoned the idea of a loyalty scheme.

I just don't think we need one, it solves a problem that doesn't exist.

As a ST holder, if I bother my arse to log in to eticketing on the morning tickets go on sale for any game, I'll get tickets. Sure, the online ticket scramble is a pain but if you're there on time you won't miss out.

So are the ubers really just looking to have their special status acknowledged and protected, by exempting them from having to take part in the scramble? Either that, or what they really want is guaranteed access to the 'best tickets' at away grounds, rather than just being able to buy a ticket.

I've got nothing against a loyalty scheme in principal, but we don't need one.
    100% record in tact 😎

People want guaranteed tickets for Tynecastle without the hassle of going online. This will always keep coming back. They don’t care if season ticket sales take a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This post genuinely raised my blood pressure a bit.

The only reason to change it is because it is INFINITELY FAIRER than a lottery.

The club can win, they can look after their loyalest away fans who travel up and down Scotland to support Hibs, and not give a damn what the latecomers think about where 1,000 Tynecastle tickets should go.
    The club do look after the 'loyalest' fans by offering an Away ST which gurantees these fans who travel up and down Scotland a seat. If you go to every away game, the like many - buy an away ST. If you pick and choose ; you take the risk of a lottery

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    People want guaranteed tickets for Tynecastle without the hassle of going online. This will always keep coming back. They don’t care if season ticket sales take a hit.

Going online isn’t the issue. People feel they are missing out, unfairly, on occasion. If they knew they were going to go online and get their ticket I’m sure they wouldn’t have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tam4hibs View Post
    The club do look after the 'loyalest' fans by offering an Away ST which gurantees these fans who travel up and down Scotland a seat. If you go to every away game, the like many - buy an away ST. If you pick and choose ; you take the risk of a lottery
    As it stand though you cannot get an away season ticket so that is not an option.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give LOYALTY POINTS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by tam4hibs View Post
    Here's a thought for you, what if it's not black and white? What if there are fans in between those who NEVER go to an away game that isn't Tynecastle and those who go to 80-90% of away games like myself but cannot afford to take a £100 hit for missing out on four games on the Away ST scheme, which takes money out of your account whether you're going or not.

What if said Away ST is actually fully booked and there's a waiting list?

I care more that away fans who travel to almost every single away game are shafted out of Tynecastle tickets by fans who never leave Edinburgh, yes. To be quite honest, anybody who doesn't buy a season ticket because their chance of getting a ticket for Hearts away is reduced by 33% (yes, it would be 3,000 Roseburn tickets whittled down to Roseburn 2,000 tickets) is a person whose absence I'm not going to miss at Easter Road.

At some point in our future, we'll be back to struggling to fill half of the Roseburn, and it'll be the same regular faces going.

I truly believe the only folk against loyalty points are those who wouldn't earn enough to get to Cat A away games. And it's Thier voice who is heard

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Do we really need another thread? There's already a 10 pager on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Should just be a genuine lottery i.e. A ballot of ST holders who want to go. Much simpler.
    This is where I'm at with it all

Left by mutual consent!
    Not a fan of loyalty points

Do the ballot

What do Rangers and Celtic do ?

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Do we really need another thread? There's already a 10 pager on the go.

This is where I'm at with it all
    Agree - why don't the Admins merge common threads like they used to do? I know an Admin previously replied that they don't read every thread, hence why they don't. But surely the thread title should give a clue.

Anyway, back on topic bring back loyalty points. It's the fairest system. Rewards those that invest most into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

Do the ballot

A ballot.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Agree - why don't the Admins merge common threads like they used to do? I know an Admin previously replied that they don't read every thread, hence why they don't. But surely the thread title should give a clue.

Anyway, back on topic bring back loyalty points. It's the fairest system. Rewards those that invest most into the club.

We have jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

How do the invest most? We don’t get the money they spend on away tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I care more that away fans who travel to almost every single away game are shafted out of Tynecastle tickets by fans who never leave Edinburgh, yes. To be quite honest, anybody who doesn't buy a season ticket because their chance of getting a ticket for Hearts away is reduced by 33% (yes, it would be 3,000 Roseburn tickets whittled down to Roseburn 2,000 tickets) is a person whose absence I'm not going to miss at Easter Road.

At some point in our future, we'll be back to struggling to fill half of the Roseburn, and it'll be the same regular faces going.
    I care that if they don’t buy a season ticket then it’s less money to spend on the team.

Left by mutual consent!
    I've always been of the opinion that if you really want tickets you'll get them.

I think I've only managed to not get tickets once and that was for rangers away a few years ago and the main reason we didn't get them was we were half hearted and didn't expect them to sell out.

We watched the game in a pub in Leith. We all got suitably pished, hibs won and a great night was had by all.

Much like anything in life really. If you really want it, you'll achieve it.
    Last edited by The_Horde; 17-10-2018 at 02:06 PM.

I care that if they don’t buy a season ticket then it’s less money to spend on the team.

Out if interest how many away games do you attend and do you always look for a ticket at Tynecastle?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

Do the ballot

Rangers have an away ticket scheme that you have to sign up for, I believe it's called the CCCS. Celtic have a system that I'm not quite sure of the details on, but to get a ticket for a game like Aberdeen away I think you have to have been to the last 20 something away games or something ludicrous like that.

The comparison to make is what do Hearts and Aberdeen do, they have similarly sized away supports and Hearts in particular have the same three away fixtures that they usually sell out - us, Rangers and Celtic.

So, what do Hearts do?

Oh look, funny that, they have a loyalty points scheme, it runs fairly and none of their fans moan about it:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets-a...-points-scheme

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    If the club are adamant that they do not wish to implement a points system for away tickets, then it’s not unreasonable to expect them to pay for a online ticketing system that can handle the volume of supporters logging on to try and buy tickets for high demand games on numerous occasions throughout the season.
    Be interesting to know what would be cheaper - more bandwidth/larger capacity on ticketmaster or a Loyalty Point System. My money would be on the latter.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Loyalty pollts

Loyalty points?