hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 134 of 134
  1. #121
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,879
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think he may have being ironic.

    Whoosh.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    59
    Posts
    16,725
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Petrie is non executive chairman.The board tell Dempster and Craig what the player budget is.Do you really think that either of them would take the blame for difficulties in their area by allowing Petrie to be involved?This hump between Celtic and Hibs is a figment of Hibs.net fevered imagination.It doesn’t exist.
    The board still has to sign off any deal, Petrie is still heavily involved
    Unfortunately

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,937
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is? Having an opinion?
    I meant mind reading, but it was said it in jest.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  5. #124
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,879
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And what happened there? Other than pure rumours?

    Yeah, Celtc definitely didn’t bid for McGinn in the summer and Hibs definitely didn’t reject it. Pure rumours.

    Lawwell’s public criticism of Petrie pure rumour too aye?

    I feel like this discussion is disappearing down a rabbit hole.

  6. #125
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Celtc definitely didn’t bid for McGinn in the summer and Hibs definitely didn’t reject it. Pure rumours.

    Lawwell’s public criticism of Petrie pure rumour too aye?

    I feel like this discussion is disappearing down a rabbit hole.
    Again

  7. #126
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    230
    I heard from an unusual source that Celtic had tried to buy Hyndman from Bournemouth but they would only allow a 6 month loan. Celtic were not interested but gave Hibs the heads up to the loan availability of Hyndman.
    If true then it certainly makes a mockery of any fall out.

  8. #127
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,879
    Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard from an unusual source that Celtic had tried to buy Hyndman from Bournemouth but they would only allow a 6 month loan. Celtic were not interested but gave Hibs the heads up to the loan availability of Hyndman.
    If true then it certainly makes a mockery of any fall out.

    Yes it would.

    Of course both our clubs employ many people and there will be individuals who have good relationships.

    Lenny will still have contacts there of course.

  9. #128
    There is no fall out.Life’s too short and Scottish football too small at the top level.

  10. #129
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,879
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no fall out.Life’s too short and Scottish football too small at the top level.

    I have no doubt we’ll be doing business with Celtc again before too long. As you say, that’s how it works.

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Celtc definitely didn’t bid for McGinn in the summer and Hibs definitely didn’t reject it. Pure rumours.

    Lawwell’s public criticism of Petrie pure rumour too aye?

    I feel like this discussion is disappearing down a rabbit hole.
    I can assure you Celtic did bid for McGinn during the summer.

  12. #131
    Testimonial Due mjhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portobello
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can assure you Celtic did bid for McGinn during the summer.
    Allegedly it was down to wages in the end with lawwell not willing to pay anywhere near what villa were paying sjm. That and not handling the negotiations in a professional manner. He presumed mcginn would sign whatever they paid him. Clearly they were as usual deluding themselves and sjm said villa it is. Allegedly of course but heard it from a few people.

  13. #132
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    6,356
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Celtc definitely didn’t bid for McGinn in the summer and Hibs definitely didn’t reject it. Pure rumours.

    Lawwell’s public criticism of Petrie pure rumour too aye?

    I feel like this discussion is disappearing down a rabbit hole.
    If we get on their bad side for rejecting a poor offer then so be it.

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can assure you Celtic did bid for McGinn during the summer.
    I think he was being sarcastic. Neil Lennon said publicly that Cetlc matched AV's bid.

    It's hard to convey any nuance in your written thoughts.

    I should know. I've been taken seriously even when I've posted what I thought was the most obvious satirical words.

    It's called Poe's Law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

    Poe's Law

    A writing expressing that, without obvious pointers, it is impossible to understand sarcasm. Commonly used whenever someone fails to understand a joke and makes themself look like an idiot.

    Anon one: Alligators are some of the most friendly animals on earth!
    Anon two: Alligators will ****ing kill you

    Anon one: Sarcasm dumbass
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  15. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no doubt we’ll be doing business with Celtc again before too long. As you say, that’s how it works.
    If Kamberi maintains his progress they’ll be after him sometime next season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved