hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If he does half as well as he did at Hearts, then it should be a good appointment.

I still think the only reason he was given the heave from Tynecastle was his poor record against us, which is quite pathetic considering his record breaking points total in the Championship and their really good first season back in the Premier.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Didn’t Neilson leave Hearts to join MK Dons himself?

Good appointment for United but they’re squad isn’t god enough to come up, hopefully he’s given till next season.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn’t Neilson leave Hearts to join MK Dons himself?

Good appointment for United but they’re squad isn’t god enough to come up, hopefully he’s given till next season.
    Think it was jump before pushed. Fans were wanting him gone.

Always liked DUFC.....Not until he leaves though!

Testimonial Due
    As said in earlier post about Partick Thistle, they could be looking at Steven Pressley for manager, just sacked by Cypriot club after only 4 games into a 2 year extension!!!

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Tommy McLean, Levein, Houston, Bowman, Laszlo and now another ex-Hearts boss in Neilson gets the United job. How long till Cathro gets the gig? Is previous employment at the PBS a prerequisite? Maybe that explains why Mixu crashed and burned as the boss at Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    Tommy McLean, Levein, Houston, Bowman, Laszlo and now another ex-Hearts boss in Neilson gets the United job. How long till Cathro gets the gig? Is previous employment at the PBS a prerequisite? Maybe that explains why Mixu crashed and burned as the boss at Tannadice.
    In all fairness that's over a thirty year period, its not as bad as it sounds (I only know because I had a similar thought and went to check). Think because Houston was Levein number 2 and took over and now we've got two back to back it eskews our memory of how infrequently it actually is.

A decent enough appointment by United. He's not done a great deal since leaving hearts so will be a good chance for him. Can he sort out the mess left by Csaba? Still can't see them coming up this season.

@hibs.net private member
    Winning start against Patrick.

Wouldn't surprise me if they won the league now. Might be a decent bet

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Always liked DUFC.....Not until he leaves though!
    He’s a Jambo but always strikes me as a really good guy?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Took almost 1,000 fans to Partick today, could do with some of that at ER, compared to what some teams bring

Left by mutual consent!
    Was reading on Facebook Dundee Utd chairman is a hibs fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Wonder if they'll change their name back to Dundee Hibernian

Left by mutual consent!
    Ross County will still win it for me

A narrow win against Partick who are hopeless

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they won the league now. Might be a decent bet
    Think he'll do well. Knows how to get a team promoted from that league. Better than most Hearts fans gave him credit for, given he did pretty well apart from his Derby record.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Definitely not. I know him really well and have no doubt he is a lifelong Arab.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Winning start against Patrick.
    Was listening on the radio as I was driving, apparently a brilliant pass from Fyvie to Stanton who knocked it on for Aird to score.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Definitely not. I know him really well and have no doubt he is a lifelong Arab.
    You’d need to be . Got to be a fan to be chairman

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Was listening on the radio as I was driving, apparently a brilliant pass from Fyvie to Stanton who knocked it on for Aird to score.
    It sounded a good goal!
    Fyvie just getting back to full fitness after his season ending injury a year ago. His return to full speed will improve that team no end.
    Neilson brought all the Scottish guys with great experience back into the side today who previously had been left on the bench under El Dafty: including Booth, Stanton, Aird, King and McMullan.

Come on Unehted!

If Hibs went out of business I'd support the Tangerines!

Was at the match today with a pal as a neutral. Didn’t think Dundee Utd were that great considering the names in their squad- a lot of work to be done there because both teams weren’t that great to watch. Wanted to see Fyvie have a good game but appreciate he’s probably getting back to full sharpness. I’d say Neilsons got some size of a job to do before they could reasonably compete in the top tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Come on Unehted!

If Hibs went out of business I'd support the Tangerines!
    EH?

Would rather stick sharp needles in my eyes

We have come too far for this

Would rather put the jerseys doon at the meadows and start again

Once a Hibby always a Hibby !

There is a whole thread on Dundee United

Do it to them or they will do it to you

If it wisnae for Lenny could easily have been us being the good guys and nice to everyone while they walked all over us

You know where Tannadice is right next door to the SPFL side we beat 3-0 two weeks ago

Jog on!

Get your green glasses off

Enough is enough. It was funny while it lasted but i want United up. Preferably sawp with Hamilton or Livi. 1000+ away to Partick today says why.

Sorry guys but damn my eyes last time I looked this was a fans forum for HIBS fans don’t really care about any other team apart from HIBS tbh regardless of how many fans they might or might not bring.

I was in a restaurant in Leith Walk with some arrogant United fans last time we played them in the League Cup to them we were just a Championship side and it was just a day oot for them.

They lost.

They laughed at us when we were in the Championship and now the glove is on the other foot if they want out of the Championship they are going to have to earn it just as we had to do the hard way.

They have been down there now a lot longer than they or anybody else expected but hey life’s a bitch!

I wish Robbie Neilson all the best he is a good young Manager and did well with Hearts and his record in the Championship is excellent he certainly blew us and The Rangers away hats off to him but Dundee United ? I don't really care if they live or die.

I keep thinking back to them relegating us at ER not their fault ours but try telling that to my two crying sons or them celebrating in their ChangingRoom as if they had won the league back in the Championship at Christmas a few years back.

Green glasses or not don’t really care about any other team apart from HIBS let’s do it to them before they do it to us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Sorry guys but damn my eyes last time I looked this was a fans forum for HIBS fans don’t really care about any other team apart from HIBS tbh regardless of how many fans they might or might not bring.

I was in a restaurant in Leith Walk with some arrogant United fans last time we played them in the League Cup to them we were just a Championship side and it was just a day oot for them.

They lost.

They laughed at us when we were in the Championship and now the glove is on the other foot if they want out of the Championship they are going to have to earn it just as we had to do the hard way.

They have been down there now a lot longer than they or anybody else expected but hey life’s a bitch!

I wish Robbie Neilson all the best he is a good young Manager and did well with Hearts and his record in the Championship is excellent he certainly blew us and The Rangers away hats off to him but Dundee United ? I don't really care if they live or die.

I keep thinking back to them relegating us at ER not their fault ours but try telling that to my two crying sons or them celebrating in their ChangingRoom as if they had won the league back in the Championship at Christmas a few years back.

Green glasses or not don’t really care about any other team apart from HIBS let’s do it to them before they do it to us.
    that's quite a lot of views about a team you don't care anything about

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    that's quite a lot of views about a team you don't care anything about
    I’m not bitter!

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not bitter!

They lost.

Why open the thread if you don't care then? It's perfectly within the rules, whether or not you care.