hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Taxis

  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,061

    Taxis

    Thanks to the taxi driver outside the raddison on the royal mile that caused the driver of the 35 to slam on his brakes a few mins ago. A few folk went for a burton down the bus with one lassie now having a sore ankle... Hope she doesn't report it and if youre the same taxi that just went past the bus hitting the horn at chalmers then its gonna look really good.. Whole lot, would be on camera. Professional driver? Aye right


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,923
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Context? That's a bit of a rant.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,345
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Context? That's a bit of a rant.
    Something about Richard Burton having the horn for Judith Chalmers I think.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something about Richard Burton having the horn for Judith Chalmers I think.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


    I liked the going for a Burton reference as well...ages since Iíve heard that.

    Anyway sounds like the bus was going too fast so the driver should be reported


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,061
    Sigh... A bad day lol!

    Heading up the Royal mile passing the hotel when a black cab swerves to the left and stops ... At a 45 degree angle as he left it so late, to avoid hitting him the bus driver had to slam on his brakes.... With those standing going flying. You know it's late for a Hackney when even with their turning circle he needed to reverse back out into the traffic so he could get aligned on the rank.

    Oh well.... Home safe :D
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

  7. #6
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something about Richard Burton having the horn for Judith Chalmers I think.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Whats she doing driving a bus anyway .

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats she doing driving a bus anyway .
    Holiday job.

  9. #8
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holiday job.
    Taxi game must be harder than I thought.

    So let me get this straight. Gloria Hunniford was driving a bus toBurton's biscuit factory, to buy some Taxis, and she found out they belong in a museum, but she could have Wagon Wheels instead?
    Last edited by Chic Murray; 10-10-2018 at 01:46 PM.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taxi game must be harder than I thought.

    So let me get this straight. Gloria Hunniford was driving a bus toBurton's biscuit factory, to buy some Taxis, and she found out they belong in a museum, but she could have Wagon Wheels instead?
    I'm SURE I only had a few beers... But what you say makes more sense! :D

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

  11. #10
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm SURE I only had a few beers... But what you say makes more sense! :D

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do you think it was wise to drive at all?

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think it was wise to drive at all?
    Ha ha.... Do you ever get the feeling that you've begun a thread you shouldn't have? :D


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

  13. #12
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha ha.... Do you ever get the feeling that you've begun a thread you shouldn't have? :D


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    No, but I often feel like I've joined one I shouldn't have.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, but I often feel like I've joined one I shouldn't have.
    Indeed! :D



    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

  15. #14
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks to the taxi driver outside the raddison on the royal mile that caused the driver of the 35 to slam on his brakes a few mins ago. A few folk went for a burton down the bus with one lassie now having a sore ankle... Hope she doesn't report it and if youre the same taxi that just went past the bus hitting the horn at chalmers then its gonna look really good.. Whole lot, would be on camera. Professional driver? Aye right


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Be careful. There's a lot of taxi drivers on these boards!

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,811
    If we take this as a general thread for taxiís can I add the point that Iím sick to death (literally) of following old taxis belching out diesel fumes.

    With the new MOTís Iím hoping most of these dinosaurs will finally be forced off the road but sadly the 17 year old taxi I was unlucky enough to have to follow along Market St this morning was still merrily poisoning me and anyone within a half mile radius....

  17. #16
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    691
    I'm getting in popcorn.

  18. #17
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,923
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we take this as a general thread for taxiís can I add the point that Iím sick to death (literally) of following old taxis belching out diesel fumes.

    With the new MOTís Iím hoping most of these dinosaurs will finally be forced off the road but sadly the 17 year old taxi I was unlucky enough to have to follow along Market St this morning was still merrily poisoning me and anyone within a half mile radius....
    New council rules coming into force soon taking all cabs over 10 years old of the street.

    Private hire the same but not sure what age limit they've been given.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New council rules coming into force soon taking all cabs over 10 years old of the street.

    Private hire the same but not sure what age limit they've been given.
    Ahh very good news, thanks.

  20. #19
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    691
    Boooo!

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Be careful. There's a lot of taxi drivers on these boards!
    No problem... We have GOOD taxi drivers on here, that was obviously a BAD taxi driver, he certainly knew lots of bad words! :D


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,811
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we take this as a general thread for taxiís can I add the point that Iím sick to death (literally) of following old taxis belching out diesel fumes.

    With the new MOTís Iím hoping most of these dinosaurs will finally be forced off the road but sadly the 17 year old taxi I was unlucky enough to have to follow along Market St this morning was still merrily poisoning me and anyone within a half mile radius....
    I drove behind one that was horrendous for this the other day. Some of them are really bad. Has anyone been in one of the new electric taxis?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved