hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Stewart Milne

Stewart Milne

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/foot...mpression=true

Some cheek this guy after telling us all just to ‘move on’ when old Rangers were caught cheating.
    If I thought he wanted a genuine level of transparency I might be inclined to support him but let’s face, there is no chance that’s what he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It's about time we stood up to the pro-OF bias of the administrators. Couldn't care less what he's said or done previously; what matters is what he's doing now. Us next please.

Did Milne not get into bed with Celtic and Rangers over a TV deal which resulted in the pathetic deal we have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/foot...mpression=true

Some cheek this guy after telling us all just to ‘move on’ when old Rangers were caught cheating.
    If I thought he wanted a genuine level of transparency I might be inclined to support him but let’s face, there is no chance that’s what he wants.

The Scottish game is in rude health at the moment and the only thing the authorities need to think about and sort out is the rubbish TV deal.
    What is definitely not required at this time is another slavery wee meeting involving club chairman, the SFA and SFL.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The Scottish game is in rude health at the moment and the only thing the authorities need to think about and sort out is the rubbish TV deal.
    What is definitely not required at this time is another slavery wee meeting involving club chairman, the SFA and SFL.
    I would say that a few clubs are in rude commercial health, ourselves included but that does not mean the game itself is well run. I would say that the biggest threat to Hibs continuing to be in rude financial health is the amateur way the game is run by the SFA and SPFL.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Can't trust a man who wore a wig. Where was the transparency then?

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Can't trust a man who wore a wig. Where was the transparency then?

If I remember correctly it's thanks to Milne that the 10-2 voting structure (or Old Firm veto) which could have been removed when Der Hun were liquidated still exists.

It’s interesting how he’s suddenly concerned about the state of the game, he wasn’t over the last few years when Aberdeen had a monopoly on finishing second, but this year, where that looks less likely, apparently we need a summit!

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNibs View Post
    If I remember correctly it's thanks to Milne that the 10-2 voting structure (or Old Firm veto) which could have been removed when Der Hun were liquidated still exists.
    That’s true to a point as he did block it but the voting structure changed anyway when the spfl was formed.

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/10/bl...mpression=true

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Used to quite enjoy some of his stuff but the pieces he wrote about the McGinn transfer saga read like he’d been spoon fed them by Celtic’s PR people.

They don't seem to get it, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    They don't seem to get it, do they?
    Whatever Celtic have done wrong in the past I'm not sure what they are saying about Milne is wrong. He has plenty to answer for with his "moving on" crap.......

To stay a competitive and interesting league Scottish football needs Hibs, Hearts and A’deen to be strong. It doesn’t need a strong Rangers or Celtic imposing a sectarian and glory hunter based duopoly of dull mediocrity.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    To stay a competitive and interesting league Scottish football needs Hibs, Hearts and A’deen to be strong. It doesn’t need a strong Rangers or Celtic imposing a sectarian and glory hunter based duopoly of dull mediocrity.

At a push, I think just us plus one other would suffice.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'l listen to some Scottish football club chairmen, stewart milne is not one of them

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Whatever Celtic have done wrong in the past I'm not sure what they are saying about Milne is wrong. He has plenty to answer for with his "moving on" crap.......
    I'm not so sure they would be happy with a real fair system in place though. There would be some kind of advantage for them, otherwise I do t think they would be interested in changing anything.

I would say that a few clubs are in rude commercial health, ourselves included but that does not mean the game itself is well run. I would say that the biggest threat to Hibs continuing to be in rude financial health is the amateur way the game is run by the SFA and SPFL.

I think the Scottish game is the most interesting it's been for years. Maybe it's because i can see nothing but prosperity in the medium term for Hibs.
    The Scottish game needs to be talked up because it is exciting and relevant again. Milne's comments don't reflect that and do it a disservice
    The clubs all want what is best for them not what is best for all and no meetings are going to change that.
    As for taking power away from the Old Firm, the "wee" teams had their chance when Rangers were down and almost out, but failed to take it.
    Afraid no number of meeting will produce that opportunity again.

As i said if the authority dullards could just get the TV deal sorted all the teams, especially those outside the Erse Cheeks, would be far better financed.
    Even an extra £500k a season for each team would make a world of difference to those outside of the bigot brothers.
    Nothing else the dullards do makes much difference to the professional game at our level.

The penny eventually dropped in Scottish football that what you can spend on players is dictated almost completely by how many supporters attend your home matches. Transfer fees received are a nice wee bonus every couple of years but don't bank on it.
    In effect the clubs have learned to look after themselves and not rely on the authorities at Scottish or UEFA level.

At the moment Hibs and Hearts are stable due to the large numbers of fans who are paying a pretty penny to watch their teams as well as the extra money coming in from the fans via HSL and FOH. I think both will continue to prosper given both teams stadiums are up to scratch with only maintenance required for the foreseeable future. With a little more money both teams are now having a competitive kick at the Old Firm.

P.S. Our other rivals Aberdeen are basically playing in an early 20th century museum piece at the moment and are still to taste the nasty expensive pill of stadium reconstruction. It will set them back a good few years even with Cormack and Milne's money.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-10-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Scottish football was fine until Aberdeen found themselves in 7th place

https://thesetpieces.com/features/20...ny-better-off/

That's a good article

Left by mutual consent!
    Can't take that article seriously

The SPL is gone

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Can't take that article seriously

The SPL is gone
    The article deals with that or did you not read it?

Left by mutual consent!
    The article deals with that or did you not read it?

Yeah

And it was *****

How's Australia?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    That’s true to a point as he did block it but the voting structure changed anyway when the spfl was formed.

What is different about the voting structure now? Do the OF not have their veto?

He didn't call for a summit when his goalie openly admitted to cheating at the penalty shoot out at ER.

He disagrees with the offer of a two match ban for one of his thugs and suddenly Scottish football needs a summit.

Mr Milne, go forth and multiply.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNibs View Post
    was he the only chairman that voted that way ?