hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bunch of clowns. Even worse than Zaire v Scotland in the World Cup 1974.

https://youtu.be/2KtxjJEBL8I

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still some Hearts fans claiming offside on twitter. Twits.
    These will doubtless be the same sort of planks that thought Leigh, Oli and Jordons goals never crossed the line.

Yams, football's Donald Trump's where reality is concerned.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    The only shout for offside was the Rangers boy in the offside position who initially moved towards the ball. He very quickly got pushed back by Morales who sussed it out very quickly. A rare moment of clarity from The Rangers star striker

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    It amuses me how no Hearts players bust a gut to run back and help their keeper

Too committed to the offside trap line

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    that is so funny, and embarrassing, thank you hertz(especially craig levain) you truly are the gift that just keeps on giving

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Sorry to go against the grain, and no-one enjoys those clowns getting a humping more than I do, but having paused the BBC highlights exactly as the free kick is being taken, there are two, possibly even three huns offside.
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Anyone think Ikpeazu forgot which way Hearts were shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    Sorry to go against the grain, and no-one enjoys those clowns getting a humping more than I do, but having paused the BBC highlights exactly as the free kick is being taken, there are two, possibly even three huns offside.
    Did they interfere with play?

https://twitter.com/Tedii69/status/1049268892315648001

There could be eight offside and it doesn’t matter as long as they do not become active, first sentence of offside law emphasises that simply being in an offside position is NOT an offence, which seems to be misunderstood by just about everyone ! The player who became active by receiving the ball was played onside and he then slid a pass to Morelos who was behind the ball when it was played, goal ! The two or three other forwards who may well have been in an offside position when original ball in was played didn’t become active and as far as an offside judgement call goes are irrelevant.

Why do Hearts do it to themselves? They've had a great start to the season but instead of going about their business quietly their players and manager start talking about winning the league and their fans start singing about Europe and not being moved. If they hadn't then nobody would give a toss about their poor attempt at an offside trap. Maybe a little s****** but not the wide spread piss taking. At least they stopped short of high fiving their own fans.

The most stupid part of it all is that they sprinted 20 yards up the park! It only needs 5 yards, then if it goes tts up they've got half a chance of a recovery.

Maybe Potter's plan was to catch the huns oot by having a 9 v 2 cavalry charge breakaway!

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    The most stupid part of it all is that they sprinted 20 yards up the park! It only needs 5 yards, then if it goes tts up they've got half a chance of a recovery.

Maybe Potter's plan was to catch the huns oot by having a 9 v 2 cavalry charge breakaway!
    Yeah that’s the strangest part....as if it was off side then play would be stopped and a free kick taken so there is zero advantage for them to be charging up he pitch en masse while the keeper waits to get the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    There could be eight offside and it doesn’t matter as long as they do not become active, first sentence of offside law emphasises that simply being in an offside position is NOT an offence, which seems to be misunderstood by just about everyone ! The player who became active by receiving the ball was played onside and he then slid a pass to Morelos who was behind the ball when it was played, goal ! The two or three other forwards who may well have been in an offside position when original ball in was played didn’t become active and as far as an offside judgement call goes are irrelevant.

Morelos didn't score it so you better have another look.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Morelos definitely onside, the battering ram played him on. The others were not interfering with play so linesman correctly never flagged.
    How are you not "interfering with play" whilst being on the pitch?? Do they assume the role of spectators temporarily!!?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    How are you not "interfering with play" whilst being on the pitch?? Do they assume the role of spectators temporarily!!?
    Well.......yes, kind of - as the boy above said, Morelos played the ball, and was deffo onside.

He then wandered forward with it, looked around for a second before passing to a player that arrived from behind so it was a perfectly legitimate goal.

Mind you, even if they had all been on the Hearts goal line I would have said that

**edit**

Also, you will notice that Candeias walks back with his hands up - i.e. saying I was in a dodgy position but am not touching the ball.

Kent, who scored it was really sharp and sprinted 10 yards to come and receive the square ball.

Good goal, tbh
    Last edited by green day; 08-10-2018 at 06:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    potter.jpg Nae wonder he wears a beard these days.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    These are the rules from the FA's site:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
    • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
    • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Whether you agree with that is a different matter, but that's what referees are basing their decisions on.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    A player is not offside until they become active.

Only Morelos becomes active and he was onside.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Jesus, I really wish they would go back to the rule being if you're in an offside position then it's offside, even if you're standing at the corner flag scratching yer chorus and verse at the time. It isn't necessarily fair but at least everyone would understand it.

Meantime....not just the worst, but also the funniest, offside trap ever 😂

It's so frustrating to hear fans talk about the game they are passionate about when they haven't bothered to learn the rules.

Actually, that occasionally applies to commentators and pundits too.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Jesus, I really wish they would go back to the rule being if you're in an offside position then it's offside, even if you're standing at the corner flag scratching yer chorus and verse at the time. It isn't necessarily fair but at least everyone would understand it.

Meantime....not just the worst, but also the funniest, offside trap ever 😂
    The offside rule is the best it's ever been, imo.

I remember a goal being disallowed because a forward was lying injured near the touchline about 3 yards from the bye line.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's so frustrating to hear fans talk about the game they are passionate about when they haven't bothered to learn the rules.

Actually, that occasionally applies to commentators and pundits too.

You mean "occasionally doesn't"!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Just watched it after hearing and reading about this hilariously bad offside trap - even funnier than I imagined

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Believe it or not it’s the 8th anniversary of this tactic stroke of genius today!

I'll never understand the 4-6-0. We needed points against what I'd say was the weakest Czech team there'd been since they were Czechoslovakia and he thought to do that. Then defended it post match.

An utter fandan who is given to moments of bravado well beyond his abilities. Let's hope he's got a couple up his wizard's sleeve when we play them next.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    It's hilarious just watching the dumbos standing like statues watching as if to say that didn't happen in training.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The offside rule is the best it's ever been, imo.

I remember a goal being disallowed because a forward was lying injured near the touchline about 3 yards from the bye line.
    Not sure if you misremember, or it was another incident, but was it not Arthur Duncan lying unconscious that played a St Johnstone player onside. Bobby Thomson was sent off for assaulting the linesman and got a 6 month ban

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    CL’s new training session https://youtu.be/T4_57adZZV8

Coaching Staff
    Through work I've had to watch Hearts a few times already this season and if we want to beat them it's quite simple - press them in central midfield and force their centre backs to play from deep - and target their left flank in particular. The opposition teams I've seen have paid them far too much respect at Tynecastle (maybe media hype has caused this) and allowed the likes of Lee and Haring way too much time on the ball - press them and get in about them they are absolutely average. They're trying to play wing backs but teams are not marking or pressing them enough which gives them space and time to attack on the wide areas.

Mitchell is as poor a left back (at defending) as I've seen (ever) and I'm unsure why they are even playing him there - he's tidy on the ball, more and outside left, but his positional sense is absolutely awful and he's there for the taking when we attack him. Naismith is on form, no doubt, and they're almost playing him as a '10' and just off their strikers - close him down and be on top of him he is negated. That said, in the game they played v Saints recently he spent more time on the deck and claiming free kicks so we'll need a strong ref at Tynie and no diving in. He is their main threat though. Their 'fans favourite' Uche Ikpeazu is a lump but what I noticed in a couple of their games when he's played, for his size, he doesn't like a heavy challenge - he hides for a part of the game if he's tackled hard. One of their best players of late is their young lad Morrison who looks a good wee prospect and plays wide right but tends to cut inside too much - but very few get past Lewy anyway .

To win at Tynie we need to play width and test their full backs - and press in the middle of the park. There is nothing I've seen that worries me - other than the media hype and hyperbole from the media and their support - they are average and in truth, Celtic should have beaten them opening game if they'd had shooting boots on and if BR wasn't intent on making a point to his board and playing the likes of Kouassie for the first time in ages.

One thing Levein will do - and he did for that Celtic game - was grow the length of the grass, even though it's hybrid. He did that for that Celtic game and the last derby they allowed the pitch to grow. Slows the game down and that's what he wants. Celtic complained again this season when they played the opening game of the season. They'll try any tactic to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Not sure if you misremember, or it was another incident, but was it not Arthur Duncan lying unconscious that played a St Johnstone player onside. Bobby Thomson was sent off for assaulting the linesman and got a 6 month ban
    I do remember that, but I think I was meaning a separate incident. There were loads of goals chalked off because players were offside even though they were nowhere near the action.

I also remember a time when a Hibs goal was disallowed for offside even though there was a player lying on the deck keeping us onside. It was against Rangers, unsurprisingly.