hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    4 points for me.

I think this side is capable of winning at places like Parkhead and Tynecastle and it's up to them to prove that.

We need to show up at Tynecastle for a change. We don't do it anywhere near enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd expect the players to aim for 6 points, of course. What individual fans think will happen will have no bearing on the outcome though.
    Don't be silly, we know many player will be going in to the game thinking "I really thought we could win today but the fans said we wouldn't so might as will just chick the next 90 mins"

Hearts v Hibs:

I firmly believe that we have superior players to Hearts all over the park.
    Play to our strengths and victory will follow.

Celtic v Hibs:

Neil Lennon relishes this particular fixture and will have our boys totally fired up. I am confident that, again, if we play to our strengths, we will come away from Parkhead undefeated.

Playing Celtic at their place with them playing catch up will be tough. A draw would be a good result.

Hearts game is a 50/50 and there is no reason we can't win it.

The diamond of Bogdan with Porteous, Hanlon and Ambrose on front of him and Milligan on front of them is a wonderfully robust thing which will be hard for any team to break down. These will be good tests for it and i don't think Hearts will have the answers.

We need a full squad to choose from so we have the options to play the right systems for each game, as both play differently and we need to adjust our styles as well to get the results we want !!
    We need to match up to Celtic and have a goattheir defence with pace and footbal, I still they are poor at the back when the ball is on the ground.
    Hertz are very different we need to be strong physically and competitive in midfield ..with pace wide as the out ball , they will target our ball players every opportunity and high balls are not the answer to Flo ....
    So we need agyepong, boyle, jamie mac, horgan all ready to contribute ...we.also need a strong ref who will deal with the share it around kicking, fouling and assaults that they deploy.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    6pts and it’s game on . 4pts or 3pts wouldn’t be shabby either. Due a win at the PBS .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    6pts and it’s game on . 4pts or 3pts wouldn’t be shabby either. Due a win at the PBS .
    I win is better than 2 draws

Where do you want the win😄

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I win is better than 2 draws

Where do you want the win😄
    I was thinking that too. As good as it is too keep an unbeaten run going if you offered me a win and a loss over two draws I'd have to take it. Preferably over Hearts with the Celtic game being a high scoring game and good performance to keep the feel good factor regardless of result.

Obviously two wins or a win and draw would be even better and no reason we can't do that, we're good enough.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Celtc away is never an easy fixture, and seen by some as the most difficult of the season, but we have won there before, and can do it again. Celtc are dying to get point on the board and get back up the table, so would be happy with a draw at Parkhead.

Tincastle, well what can I say?? we have been robbed there so many times, it's about time we had a bit of retribution. Oh how I would love nothing more than to absolutely hammer them there and jump over them into top spot, but I have to look on with a bit of realism here. Because of the Griffiths goal that was well over the line and Shaw's ghost goal that wasn't given, we are due something there so a scrappy 0-1 will do me.

Overall I think 4 points would be a great return.
    All 6 would be glorious.
    2-3 points I would hurumph a bit, but except it.
    1 point I would be a bit "meh not good enough".
    0 points is not even worth thinking about!

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Celtc away is never an easy fixture, and seen by some as the most difficult of the season, but we have won there before, and can do it again. Celtc are dying to get point on the board and get back up the table, so would be happy with a draw at Parkhead.

Tincastle, well what can I say?? we have been robbed there so many times, it's about time we had a bit of retribution. Oh how I would love nothing more than to absolutely hammer them there and jump over them into top spot, but I have to look on with a bit of realism here. Because of the Griffiths goal that was well over the line and Shaw's ghost goal that wasn't given, we are due something there so a scrappy 0-1 will do me.

Overall I think 4 points would be a great return.
    All 6 would be glorious.
    2-3 points I would hurumph a bit, but except it.
    1 point I would be a bit "meh not good enough".
    0 points is not even worth thinking about!

It will be a difficult game for us as despite Celtic not being the team they were 18 months ago they still have quality players. A point would be a great result for us and set us up nicely for the Derby as I can see Aberdeen getting atleast a draw at Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Don't be silly, we know many player will be going in to the game thinking "I really thought we could win today but the fans said we wouldn't so might as will just chick the next 90 mins"

Obviously

Considering Celtic have only lost one league game at home in two seasons and Hearts only lost one league game at Tynie over the last year (to Celtic) it's a tall order to ask for two victories! Excluding the fact our recent record at both grounds has been terrible this decade...

That said im going for us to turn the tables and get two 1-0 wins

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

One fly in the ointment will be what state the internationalists come back in, Lennon alluded to his concerns about that pretty bluntly in his post match.

Draw at sellik, win at hertz.