hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Taking a bike to ER

Hi all

I'm sure there was a thread about this yonks ago but I can seem to find the appropriate words in the search engine

Has anyone taken a bike to ER, chained it up and then come back to it after the game to find it still there lol

Thinking of cycling up tomorrow but obviously need somewhere safe and secure to lock the bike up too, I'm sure someone said it was possible behind the West Stand but I may be wrong

Any help/advice well appreciated

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Plenty cycle lock up space in the west car park. It was pretty well used on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plenty cycle lock up space in the west car park. It was pretty well used on Thursday.
    Yes I was one of those that used it.
    They could almost do with a second cycle rack now.,in the meantime there are plenty of railings and posts as backup.

...Ur bike will be fine, stewards and polis aplenty

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Hi all

I'm sure there was a thread about this yonks ago but I can seem to find the appropriate words in the search engine

Has anyone taken a bike to ER, chained it up and then come back to it after the game to find it still there lol

Thinking of cycling up tomorrow but obviously need somewhere safe and secure to lock the bike up too, I'm sure someone said it was possible behind the West Stand but I may be wrong

Yeah should be fine, just remove the wheels, brakes, seat, handlebars and chain before you hit the ground, mind chain the frame up though, the ****ers will be away with that

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Hi all

Done it a few times and the guy that sits next to me does it regular.

Cycle Parking I use is behind West Stand, no idea about elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers all

I'm in the FFU so don't mind walking round from the West

@hibs.net private member
    To be honest, I’d never thought about cycling to ER. That seems like a good idea. Hibs should create some kind of permanent parking solution at the corner between the east and ff stands. Something needs to go in the corner.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    To be honest, I’d never thought about cycling to ER. That seems like a good idea. Hibs should create some kind of permanent parking solution at the corner between the east and ff stands. Something needs to go in the corner.
    There is a car park there at the minute, I walk past it just before entering the turnstiles into the FFU.

A bloke stands with a clipboard and checks off the car registrations as they enter.

Maybe during boring games we could get on our bikes and race round the run-off areas of the pitch.......

Hi all

As other posters have stated, bike racks in the west stand car park. Never had any issues leaving it chained there.

I've taken the bike a few times, my preferred method of getting to ER given I stay the other side of Edinburgh.

Takes me half the time to get to the ground compared to if I drove or got the bus!

I’ve cycled a few times and left the bike at Meadowbank Sainsbury’s and walked through.

Didn’t know about bike parking behind the west stand, so I’m glad to read this thread. As others have said, cycling is quicker and greener

Hail or snow or thunderstorms I cycle every game. There are a few cycle racks in the west stand car park and your bike will be safe as houses with the security around. I just leave my pannier bag with my waterproofs there too.

Cycling to the games has definitely become a lot more popular over the last couple of seasons and the club should see about fitting more racks and promoting it with their ‘greenest club in Scotland claim’. There is nothing about cycling on the ‘getting there’ page on our website.