hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Bogdan

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If the reason for Marciano making a return to the starting line-up is that Bogdan makes a costly mistake, I hope that doesn't happen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Bogdan for me is the better keeper, although i do rate Rocky in my opinion Bogdan is better.

I have no problem with Lennon bringing in better players than we currently have, if he brings in someone better than Kamberi and Mallan in January i'd be even happier than i am now.

We got in early yesterday, Rocky was in goals for the players to take shots. I honestly thought Bogdan was not playing, does he not warm up like the rest ??. Its great to have to class goalies as they will know any mistakes and they could lose them their place.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Completely dominates his box. He's sheer quality and Rocky will struggle to get the gloves back off him. Extra points for his great distribution, too. He is class.
    I agree and posted the following on another thread:
    "I would also like our club to be negotiating a precontract deal with Adam Bogdan. He has settled down and has been playing faultlessly. At 31 he might decide that he is enjoying playing football for an improving team and be happy to stick around. I prefer his all round quality to Marciano's spectacular shot stopping which masks some of his weaknesses"

Left by mutual consent!
    For folk saying Bogdan is streets ahead....come on

We are lucky to have two excellent keepers at the club. Unforunately for Rocky he has had a bad injury and Bogdan has taken the opportunity with both hands

I am happy with both and we also have a very good goalie at number 3

Bogdan is a class act, it’s been a long time since I remember us having a keeper as good at handling crosses. Rocky is a fantastic shot stopper, away win at Killie last season sticks in my mind but so does him getting sent off against ST Johnstone which admittedly might be a bit harsh.

We love us to sign Adam permanently.

Much as I like Rocky, Bogdan just shades it for me as he is better coming for crosses whereas Rocky doesn't command his box so well and sometimes stays on his line when he should be going for the ball. Bogdan also has a good long throw in his locker.

Great to have them both, would love it if we got Bogdan on a permanent deal.

Rocky is the better keeper , he's pulled off some mind boggling saves for us . That said he is prone to the odd moment of madness like his red card , Bogdan is more consistent and better distribution but Rocky is the better shot stopper

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    Rocky has consistently pulled off a number of world class saves for Hibs - It's still early days for Bogdan but he's earned the chance to prove himself against tougher opposition. Its nice to have 2 top quality keepers to chose from though.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Rocky is the better keeper , he's pulled off some mind boggling saves for us . That said he is prone to the odd moment of madness like his red card , Bogdan is more consistent and better distribution but Rocky is the better shot stopper
    So if Bogdan is more consistent how is Rocky the ‘better keeper’? The shot stopping thing is debateable in any case. Some incredible saves but some shots that often look saveable going past.

Rocky for me has been good for Hibs but he has your heart in your mouth a lot of the time and for a big guy he just doesn’t command his box and often flaps at crosses. Bogdan is the first keeper in donkeys years that I’ve seen dominating his box and his timing is always impeccable. His distribution is a mile better than Rocky so I’d say he probably has a far more rounded game.

@hibs.net private member
    I have no preferance over either goalkeeper as both are good. But we’ve kept a few clean sheets now AND since Bogdan has been in Ambrose has been outstanding. Coincidence ??? Not sure but both together are doing the damage together for our defence.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    happy 29th birthday to Rocky today

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Bogdan has done brilliantly and currently for me is looking a good upgrade on Rocky.

Marciano always seemed to have a bit of a lapse in concentration in him, a touch of Efe if you want, but Bogdan just seems so switched on all the time.

Nice problem to have but on recent form I’m backing Bogdan in this discussion

Bogdan is in a rich vein of form and looks every inch a solid, quality keeper.
    His handling and distribution have been excellent.
    Rock is also quality but when he is fully fit he might just have to bide his time to get back in.
    It's an ideal scenario for our club - Two great keepers.

Got off to a poor start with us and I must admit I was worried we had gone back to the days of bombscare hibs keepers but delighted to have been proven wrong. He's been great so far this season, making some terrific saves.

As said above, Marcianno is going to have to work dam hard to get the gloves back but having 2 good goalkeepers in competition with each other for 1st spot is a good thing

Left by mutual consent!
    Its a great situation tobe in...disagreeing who the best goalie is. :)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Its a great situation tobe in...disagreeing who the best goalie is. :)
    Yip. we've not done this since Simon Brown and Zibby.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    We got in early yesterday, Rocky was in goals for the players to take shots. I honestly thought Bogdan was not playing, does he not warm up like the rest ??. Its great to have to class goalies as they will know any mistakes and they could lose them their place.

bri you need to empty yer PM box

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Yip. we've not done this since Simon Brown and Zibby.
    That's just no' funny.
    Zibby has given me most of the worst moments of my Hibee life and that includes most of the 80s.....
    Oh, the pain.
    GG

Lucky to have two very fine keepers I will just enjoy watching while they are with the Hibs.

Bogdan is the Man in possession and I can't see him being dropped at present as he is part of a defence that has kept a number of clean sheets He deserves to retain his place in the Team on Merit

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86

Adam Bogdan

Warming to bogdan!

The night he gave us in Greece will never be forgotten. That night he made some unbelievable saves!

Would the after party have been as good If we had been knocked out... not a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave. Inbox clear
    B

Wasn’t sure about Bogdan but he’s definitely grown in confidence and built a good understanding with our defence. The run of shut outs and goal against numbers in last few games makes him hard to displace, even by Rocky who’s the best we’ve had in a while. Great problem for Lennon to have.

Absolutely brilliant again today.

Convinced he is the keeper we’ve been looking for now.

If we can, he's a keeper😎😎

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Absolutely brilliant again today.

Convinced he is the keeper we’ve been looking for now.
    Yup...From my dodgy stream thought he was great, can’t lose his place.

Left by mutual consent!
    Made a couple of decent saves

I wouldn't say he was absolutely brilliant

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Made a couple of decent saves

I wouldn't say he was absolutely brilliant
    why do you even bother posting, almost every single post is negative

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    Was at the game today and he was bloody fantastic. Some cracking saves when players straight throw he stood tall and blocked their attempts at goal. Great performance and i can't see Rocky getting his place back anytime soon.