hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Do we not give the team enough credit?

We were chatting after the game. The original opinion was that Hamilton were very poor.

After discussion though we thought we had said the same about Aberdeen, Dundee, St Mirren and now Hamilton.

I thought we looked sharp and much faster/fitter than Hamilton. That result has been coming.

Are we better than we give ourselves credit for?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were chatting after the game. The original opinion was that Hamilton were very poor.

After discussion though we thought we had said the same about Aberdeen, Dundee, St Mirren and now Hamilton.

I thought we looked sharp and much faster/fitter than Hamilton. That result has been coming.

Good point as we did look very strong today. We will be tested in the next few games. So far we have failed to beat Aberdeen, St.J and Livi ... the so called better teams in the league

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

The simple answer is yes.

@hibs.net private member
    I think we might have beaten every team in the league the way we played today. Hamilton aren't world beaters but they are usually pretty stuffy. We moved the ball so quickly in the first half they couldn't get near us. Once you get a couple of goals up their game plan is bust and they don't have a plan B. After that they probably were poor opposition but it was our play that put them in that frame of mind and position.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    As I am an oldie I can remember Turnbulls Tornados and when I came out the ground today I was thinking are these guys as good as the Tornados?

Hibs were verygood,hamilton were bamboozled.everywhere hibs had men in numbers in every duel,couldnae get near us at times,itz one game at a time, but today hamilton were taught a football lesson.they were poor but hibs made it that way.they tried to sit in we punnished from range,they tried to push up at two we were gettin in behind,they tried to play centrally we worked the ball oot wide and got balls in the box and milligan worked like a trojan to stop them david gray was immense.then efe went a wander and again ther arse fell oot them,hibs were on it today,my personal summary.....hibs=d total football....accies=d total hoofball after realising they had nae chance today.GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Definitely. The league position tells you how good we are - and we're there having dealt with loads of injuries and a European run.

It's not the fact that teams we play against are poor, we're a good side that makes teams look poor.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Can I say ( no doubt there will be a few who disagree and that’s fair enough ) that I thought that Hamilton may have played poorly but for once they tried to play rather than hack like normal.

It may have not came of for them playing like that but they did try and fair play to them rather than just kick lumps out of our team but maybe if more teams tried to play football then we may get a tv deal worth some money.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    As I am an oldie I can remember Turnbulls Tornados and when I came out the ground today I was thinking are these guys as good as the Tornados?
    And I hope hope you decide no or your memory is shot

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post

When and if the current side routinely finishes in the top 2 or 3 over consecutive seasons and clinches a trophy, might I dare to draw comparisons to the best Hibs side in my lifetime (61 next month).
    The Tornado's remain the benchmark.