hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Them and Rangers are ruining it for everyone. Part of the beauty of Scottish Football is the atmosphere at big games and they are hell bent on cutting everyone’s allocations.

**** Celtic.

Not sure we can complain about this...We've been doing the same ourselves recently...not to the same overall percentage, but have been halving allocations that have been in place for years...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Not sure we can complain about this...We've been doing the same ourselves recently...not to the same overall percentage, but have been halving allocations that have been in place for years...
    I don’t agree with you on this BW. We still give them in the thousands, we only get hundreds at their grounds

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Just registered on the Celtc website just in case I cannot get tickets on Wednesday. I will be gutted if I can’t get one as only missed 1 game this season and that was in Greece

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I don’t agree with you on this BW. We still give them in the thousands, we only get hundreds at their grounds
    I agree with the spirit of that point Billy tbh...but if we could fill our full ground every week , like these guys often can ...how many would we be giving them ?

We have leaned on them when we couldn’t fill 3 sides..as soon as we can we have changed the allocation ..that was my point really...

Overall though I think there should be a minimum percentage range that clubs should have to adhere to , unless the away club waives it 4-5 % feels about right ... would be 2000- 2500 for Ibrox and 2500-3000 for Parkhead

For us it would be just over 1000 , even if we felt we could fill it ourselves..

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Just registered on the Celtc website just in case I cannot get tickets on Wednesday. I will be gutted if I can’t get one as only missed 1 game this season and that was in Greece
    What areas have they blocked off for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I'm not sure we will be cutting their allocation.

At home to them on December 16th, Huns 19th, Livingston 22nd and Hearts 29th.

Four home games in under a fortnight, don't think we would sell enough tickets.
    I'm not so sure scoopyboy. I think a fair few walk-up Hibs fans (especially those with kids) normally give the Celtic game a miss because they cant be bothered with all the nonsense that comes with a big away Celtic support. If the provisional wing of the Plastic Paddy Brigade is cut to just 500 I think we'd have more of our fans turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    As I pointed out in an earlier post, their allocation has been roughly 20% of our stadium for yonks. If we had been getting 20% of Parkhead (roughly 12,000 tickets) and then we suddenly cut their allocation then I could understand why the same would happen to us.

The truth is, we already receive a paltry figure from them so they cannot use the number we give them as justification for reducing an already pathetic allocation of tickets.

So, ast holder since it started, taking my 7 year old to CP for 1st time and we may be stuck behind a pillar. Wonder how many ast holders got £31 tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    So, ast holder since it started, taking my 7 year old to CP for 1st time and we may be stuck behind a pillar. Wonder how many ast holders got £31 tickets?
    None got full price I'm told
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    It’s not the end of the world, we might be in front of the police box, which are decent seats

It’s not the end of the world, we might be in front of the police box, which are decent seats
    If it was Tynie, you could be behind the police box 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    If it was Tynie, you could be behind the police box 😱
    Absolutely😄

Absolutely😄
    😄 Hope you get a decent seat 👍

On the Celtc website it appears there's a large number of available seats directly next to the away support and you can immediately register to buy tickets easily too.

What areas have they blocked off for Hibs
    119 and 120 by the looks of things

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    As I pointed out in an earlier post, their allocation has been roughly 20% of our stadium for yonks. If we had been getting 20% of Parkhead (roughly 12,000 tickets) and then we suddenly cut their allocation then I could understand why the same would happen to us.

The truth is, we already receive a paltry figure from them so they cannot use the number we give them as justification for reducing an already pathetic allocation of tickets.
    There was a time in the not to distant past that we didn’t sell out our paltry pathetic allocation at either of the bigot arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    There was a time in the not to distant past that we didn’t sell out our paltry pathetic allocation at either of the bigot arenas.
    The point that we didn’t sell out is irrelevant. At the stadiums you mention there is a section, not an end but a section that is given to away fans regardless whether it is Hibs, Aberdeen or Hamilton. If Celtc are reducing the seats they are selling to us then they are being extremely petty and I hope we reduce their allocation in retaliation. It will affect them far more than us

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If that’s right then what a bloody disgrace. 500 tickets in a 60k stadium!

Presumably a retaliation to us looking to cut their allocation.
    Have we cut their allocation?

Obviously we ought to because we have the demand i was not aware it had happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

Obviously we ought to because we have the demand i was not aware it had happened?
    We didn’t last season. It was 1st game after the split and we probably didn’t have time to sell to Hibs fans

Celtic have, so far, never had their allocation at Easter Road cut in recent times.

We have cut the Rangers allocation a couple of times but never Celtic.

I hope that changes this season. I would love to see them with a few hundred fans.

I know we didn’t last year and haven’t seen anything about us cutting it this year. It just seems, to me, the only explanation as to why they would cut ours is that they know they are having theirs reduced at ER.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Yeah i know we cut the huns and never for the this plastic mob last season. Folk are talking on here as if we had though hence why i was asking?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    We didn’t last season. It was 1st game after the split and we probably didn’t have time to sell to Hibs fans

That was the reason given for not cutting their allocation. Time scales B. The season its different. I fully support cutting their allocation along with their bigot brothers regardless if we sell out or not.

I know we didn’t last year and haven’t seen anything about us cutting it this year. It just seems, to me, the only explanation as to why they would cut ours is that they know they are having theirs reduced at ER.
    They have 52,000 season ticket holders, and want to have as many walk ups as possible. Probably why we’ve been cut

It’s all Rangers fault at the end of the day

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’d rather a full away end every game at ER. If there were only a few hundred Celtic fans it just wouldn’t be the same.

Totally adds to the atmosphere and makes home tickets more sought after, maybe driving up ST sales even more.

Then we can do the corners....

They have 52,000 season ticket holders, and want to have as many walk ups as possible. Probably why we’ve been cut

It’s all Rangers fault at the end of the day
    I’m not so sure. Not when the allocation was so small as it was in the first place. I don’t think they’d reduce it, for that reason, for the sake of a couple of hundred extra.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    As I did last year for the 2 all game, I've bought tickets for us in section 118 in the home end right next to the away section. Just need to register on the Celtic ticket site.

There was quite a few Hibs fans done the same last year, and at least you get a decent view of the pitch.

I’m not so sure. Not when the allocation was so small as it was in the first place. I don’t think they’d reduce it, for that reason, for the sake of a couple of hundred extra.
    I think Hibs is one of the more attractive home fixtures for them to go to. Celtic cap their season ticket sales, and have a long waiting list

I think Hibs is one of the more attractive home fixtures for them to go to. Celtic cap their season ticket sales, and have a long waiting list
    Them reducing our allocation without reason could potentially result in us doing similar.

I think they’d value having a full stand at ER over having a couple of hundred extra at Parkhead.

Even if they’ve only reduced our allocation by a couple of hundred that’s quite a lot when they only normally give us 900 or so anyway.

I might be completely wrong here, I’d just be surprised if they cut our allocation just to accommodate a pretty small number of their own. They never even did it back in the days when we didn’t sell all our tickets and they did.

Them reducing our allocation without reason could potentially result in us doing similar.

I think they’d value having a full stand at ER over having a couple of hundred extra at Parkhead.

Even if they’ve only reduced our allocation by a couple of hundred that’s quite a lot when they only normally give us 900 or so anyway.

I might be completely wrong here, I’d just be surprised if they cut our allocation just to accommodate a pretty small number of their own. They never even did it back in the days when we didn’t sell all our tickets and they did.
    We’ll never know. I hope we never do to Hearts, and vice versa. I love Derby’s with full away ends at both grounds