hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's widely known that he wanted the China job and the Celtic board Vito'd it.... If the AV new owners offer the cash, he'd go IMO.

Any reporting or coverage I've heard or read - takes the opposite view. Celtic agreed to it, if he wanted to go..but also made commitments to him to keep him...which he accepted and turned it down...

Have you got different info?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Any reporting or coverage I've heard or read - takes the opposite view. Celtic agreed to it, if he wanted to go..but also made commitments to him to keep him...which he accepted and turned it down...

Have you got different info?
    Ha, I was told exact opposite from someone I'd consider as 'itk' ... Also, Scottish football media coverage in the states (ESPN guys) hold the view that he wanted it. I personally couldn't care less about BR or Villa but I'd hazard a guess that he'd consider it given his current scenario.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Ha, I was told exact opposite from someone I'd consider as 'itk' ... Also, Scottish football media coverage in the states (ESPN guys) hold the view that he wanted it. I personally couldn't care less about BR or Villa but I'd hazard a guess that he'd consider it given his current scenario.
    he is on record of being offered huge money to go to China before he took the Celtic Job..here's what he said recently on a more recent approach..not sure villa would be enough for him

Manager Brendan Rodgers says he has had "a few offers" to leave Celtic after revealing he turned down an approach from a Chinese club during the summer.
    Rodgers, who has guided the club to successive domestic trebles, confirmed to BBC Scotland "there was an offer" but "my concentration was with Celtic".
    And, speaking after the League Cup quarter-final win over St Johnstone, he insisted he was content at Celtic Park.
    "With China it's big money, but I've found happiness here," Rodgers said.
    "I spoke with the owners and the board and we found an agreement and moved on.
    "I've had other opportunities but I'm very much here and unless the club get fed up with me or something else happens I'm very privileged to be here."

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    he is on record of being offered huge money to go to China before he took the Celtic Job..here's what he said recently on a more recent approach..not sure villa would be enough for him

Manager Brendan Rodgers says he has had "a few offers" to leave Celtic after revealing he turned down an approach from a Chinese club during the summer.
    Rodgers, who has guided the club to successive domestic trebles, confirmed to BBC Scotland "there was an offer" but "my concentration was with Celtic".
    And, speaking after the League Cup quarter-final win over St Johnstone, he insisted he was content at Celtic Park.
    "With China it's big money, but I've found happiness here," Rodgers said.
    "I spoke with the owners and the board and we found an agreement and moved on.
    "I've had other opportunities but I'm very much here and unless the club get fed up with me or something else happens I'm very privileged to be here."

Rodgers is seen as a bit of a trumpet by many in England.

Some flattery about ‘taking a huge club back to their rightful place’ + lack of offers from top clubs + a suitcase full of cash might turn his head.

I have no idea if Villa are interested in Rodgers. But when he does leave Celtc I doubt it will be for anyone in top half of epl.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At least he has his literary career to fall back on.
    https://thesetpieces.com/features/sw...-bruce-review/

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Neil being touted for the job by ex Villa striker Dean Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post

Great read that!

(His book, maybe not)

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post

Dean Saunders can go get stuffed. That's all I have to say about that.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Neil being touted for the job by ex Villa striker Dean Saunders
    Never going to happen. Owners have huge financial resources, so no disrespect to Neil who is doing a great job with us, but Villa will be going for a much bigger name.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    Never going to happen. Owners have huge financial resources, so no disrespect to Neil who is doing a great job with us, but Villa will be going for a much bigger name.
    I agree.

I think it’s inevitable clubs will start showing an interest in him soon however It wont be Aston Villa.

A bigger concern for me would be if they go for Rodgers or the guy from Brentford, Lennon would be an ideal replacement for either of them IMO.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Dean Smith appointed Villa manager with Terry as assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I agree.

I think it’s inevitable clubs will start showing an interest in him soon however It wont be Aston Villa.

A bigger concern for me would be if they go for Rodgers or the guy from Brentford, Lennon would be an ideal replacement for either of them IMO.
    Suspect that Brentford will appoint a manager with good English league experience. In many ways I am thankful that Lennon had a tough time at Bolton. Although we (mostly) all see what an amazing manager he is, I suspect that he will have to win either a cup or get at least 2nd place in the league to make sufficient waves down South.

I just don't see any signs that he wants to leave Hibs. The board have continually back him. We are seeing the benefits of a settled regime that is about evolution of the club.

The exciting thing is that we all know that the recruitment department will currently be identifying potential targets for the January window and that we can trust their judgement to get it right.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Dean Smith appointed Villa manager with Terry as assistant.

Interesting appointment. The media were pitching it as an ‘either or’ story yesterday.

How long before Terry spits the dummy? Or is he genuinely interested in learning his trade?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    Suspect that Brentford will appoint a manager with good English league experience. In many ways I am thankful that Lennon had a tough time at Bolton. Although we (mostly) all see what an amazing manager he is, I suspect that he will have to win either a cup or get at least 2nd place in the league to make sufficient waves down South.

I just don't see any signs that he wants to leave Hibs. The board have continually back him. We are seeing the benefits of a settled regime that is about evolution of the club.

The exciting thing is that we all know that the recruitment department will currently be identifying potential targets for the January window and that we can trust their judgement to get it right.

Good times.
    Agree. I found it staggering that all that his success at Celtic got him was Bolton in the Championship - I thought a club like Newcastle may have been in for him.

46 games a week is a killer down there - throw in the various cup competitions and you're playing weekend/midweek/weekend practically every week. They tend to like managers with experience of such schedules.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Agree. I found it staggering that all that his success at Celtic got him was Bolton in the Championship - I thought a club like Newcastle may have been in for him.

46 games a week is a killer down there - throw in the various cup competitions and you're playing weekend/midweek/weekend practically every week. They tend to like managers with experience of such schedules.

I agree.

I don't think Lennon is in any rush to leave. Seems like he's in a very good place personally at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Haha, oops! It's early

I agree.

Can’t see Lenny wanting to move to West London.

John Terry will be on the bench fully dressed in his kit
    Just like after the champions league 😂