hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no way that I would pay 1 pence to someone who accused me of something I didn't do. Not just out of principle but also because paying someone to shut up is not an admission of guilt but it's what a guilty person who's scared would do.
    These allegations hang over people whether found innocent or guilty when they're in the public eye, and it's his image that would take a hit. His image makes him a lot of money ($1bn is the recent contract) and the thing that will keep money coming in after he's finished playing.

I can see why the situation is different for someone like him than it would be for the average person.

I'm not saying that makes him less likely to be guilty, I just don't think it makes him look more guilty as it could initially be perceived.
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    These allegations hang over people whether found innocent or guilty when they're in the public eye, and it's his image that would take a hit. His image makes him a lot of money ($1bn is the recent contract) and the thing that will keep money coming in after he's finished playing.

I can see why the situation is different for someone like him than it would be for the average person.

I'm not saying that makes him less likely to be guilty, I just don't think it makes him look more guilty as it could initially be perceived.
    Trying reading the statements of what happened he made to his lawyers on the incident. No doubt a rape. Die Spigiel paper published them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    No doubt a rape.
    Strong allegation that

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Trying reading the statements of what happened he made to his lawyers on the incident. No doubt a rape. Die Spigiel paper published them.
    I've just read it.

It doesn't look good for him, I must be honest.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Strong allegation that
    Have you read the report?

If it's accurate, and those are Ronaldo's words that his lawyer recorded, then I'm not sure how anyone could come to any other conclusion.

Ironically, even if that is an accurate description of what happened, Ronaldo's lawyers might still be able to prevent a conviction using some loophole or legal manoeuvre.

Where would be the justice for the victim in that?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

If it's accurate, and those are Ronaldo's words that his lawyer recorded, then I'm not sure how anyone could come to any other conclusion.

Ironically, even if that is an accurate description of what happened, Ronaldo's lawyers might still be able to prevent a conviction using some loophole or legal manoeuvre.

Yeah I’ve read it and as you say “if it’s accurate” then it doesn’t look good at all for him however until it’s 100% proven I would stop short of saying “No doubt a rape”

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

They will likely argue that as the questionnaire quoting Ronaldo’s description of events was confidential communication between he and his lawyers that it is subject to attorney-client privilege and therefore not admissible in court.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    This thread makes for very uncomfortable reading, especially for a family friendly football forum, i’m not sure where it fits on Hibs Net, but for me it’s not on a hibs discussion page.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    They will likely argue that as the questionnaire quoting Ronaldo’s description of events was confidential communication between he and his lawyers that it is subject to attorney-client privilege and therefore not admissible in court.
    Yes that's possible.

The law can be ridiculous, regardless of the events in this case or the outcome.

There can be evidence available which categorically proves the guilt of an individual, but they still get off with it because of a technicality.

The words, "You're a free man" don't always mean you didn't commit the crime.

Which takes us back to the OJ Simpson discussion ...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    The whole thing has desenended into farce. A serious crime may have occurred here and it should have went through the course fully. I do not accept the other person didn't know fully or was not in correct state of mind over cash.

The whole thing for me is just utterly disgraceful and has desenended into farce.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This thread makes for very uncomfortable reading, especially for a family friendly football forum, i’m not sure where it fits on Hibs Net, but for me it’s not on a hibs discussion page.
    Have to say I definitely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    The whole thing has desenended into farce. A serious crime may have occurred here and it should have went through the course fully. I do not accept the other person didn't know fully or was not in correct state of mind over cash.

The whole thing for me is just utterly disgraceful and has desenended into farce.
    Yip. And it's now nothing to do with Football so should be moved from the main forum.

Yes, an there is one profile pic that struck me as being inappropriate as well.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Is it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Yip. And it's now nothing to do with Football so should be moved from the main forum.
    I’d agree with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Yes, an there is one profile pic that struck me as being inappropriate as well.
    Are you referring to my picture?

I can't imagine any youngsters would be offended or influenced by it.

Although I would agree that it looks like it, we can't actually be certain that it's even alcohol.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

It’s still a profile pic that I would deem inappropriate for a football forum.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    It’s still a profile pic that I would deem inappropriate for a football forum.
    In what way?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I would tend to agree with you on this. Just dont see where it fits in with Hibernian F.C. everyones a judge these days I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    I would tend to agree with you on this. Just dont see where it fits in with Hibernian F.C. everyones a judge these days I guess.
    This is a forum for all things football related. Ronaldo is the most famous footballer in the world therefore it's a fitting subject for discussion on here.

Secondly, only one person has been judgemental and that was the person who called the woman a gold digger.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Although I would agree that it looks like it, we can't actually be certain that it's even alcohol.

This is a forum for all things football related. Ronaldo is the most famous footballer in the world therefore it's a fitting subject for discussion on here.

Secondly, only one person has been judgemental and that was the person who called the woman a gold digger.
    Just my humble opinion in general that there seems to be a hell of a lot of judges and experts on most subjects these days. I have not looked at the report from the German rag Der Spiegel as from memory that paper was the German equivalent of the sun if not worse. Will leave this for others to discuss and concentrate on Hibs related subjects.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Just my humble opinion in general that there seems to be a hell of a lot of judges and experts on most subjects these days. I have not looked at the report from the German rag Der Spiegel as from memory that paper was the German equivalent of the sun if not worse. Will leave this for others to discuss and concentrate on Hibs related subjects.
    I don't speak German but this

In 2010 Der Spiegel was employing the equivalent of 80 full-time fact checkers, which the Columbia Journalism Review called "most likely the world's largest fact checking operation".

does not seem very Sun-like.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    The German equivalent of The Sun is Bild.

Der Spiegel is a serious, high-quality news magazine.
    Last edited by nonshinyfinish; 06-10-2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Typo

If you know nothing at all about a subject, and you refuse to read and learn about it, then I agree, you shouldn't give an opinion, never mind make a judgement.

Having said that, you do seem to have made judgements about people that you don't know for having opinions, and about a German publication which you also know little about.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    The German equivalent of The Sun is Bild.

Der Spielgel is a serious, high-quality news magazine.
    Indeed.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    If you know nothing at all about a subject, and you refuse to read and learn about it, then I agree, you shouldn't give an opinion, never mind make a judgement.

Having said that, you do seem to have made judgements about people that you don't know for having opinions, and about a German publication which you also know little about.

Come on now.

He has his opinion and he feels he is right, so why does he have to read anything or listen to another point of view?

This is the world we are in.

Looks like the auld grey matter is letting me down, getting my Gerrie newspapers mixed up, oh well. I still think this is a poor subject for a Hibs forum.
    With age also comes wisdom so I was once told. That wisdom went something like- when you are digging a hole for yourself the best way to get out of it is just to stop digging. I shall now put down my shovel or is it a spade.
    I leave this discussion for the more enlightened than I.