hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gotta be Conrad.

Close the thread, I don't think anyone saw that coming I remember the stick he got on here before kick off. Not one person saw that performance coming. Nobody, Nada!!!
    Certainly the quickest turnaround from "who is that fat unfit git waddling out?" to "hero of the hour" in just 120 minutes plus penalties.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Adam Eckersley

Never put a foot wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Adam Eckersley

Never put a foot wrong
    Yup. Very consistent

Left by mutual consent!
    John Burridge 'Budgie'

A larger than life character. Who could possibly forget his outstanding performance in the famous midweek Skol Cup semi final win at Hampden against the Rangers. An unbelievable night that I was privileged to witness among the other 16 or 17 thousand Hi bees who made the trip through. A brilliant team performance with Budgie on top form.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    John Burridge 'Budgie'

A larger than life character. Who could possibly forget his outstanding performance in the famous midweek Skol Cup semi final win at Hampden against the Rangers. An unbelievable night that I was privileged to witness among the other 16 or 17 thousand Hi bees who made the trip through. A brilliant team performance with Budgie on top form.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

He was the only HIBS player ever to do a lap of honour after every match for the fans just for turning up a true one off but took his trade extremely seriously and kept himself in tip top condition

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    John Burridge 'Budgie'

Mon the Cabbage!!!

fantastic game, Keith Keith Keith jumping up tae heider, that heider moment is one that will live with me forever. Just the thought of that game gives me goose bumps.

May I add Jim leighton to the list, alot had written him off, only for him to become one of the best again.

Stevie Archibald

Hibs Class !

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    The wife.

Thought I was getting a promising young prospect with lots of potential, turned out she was all that and more with a seasoned head on her shoulders way beyond what I deserved. Basically her Sauzee to my Hibs.

On the Hibs front, Stevie Archibald. Thought he was gash in the first few games I watched him and then realised that he was the one who was outstanding and three steps ahead of everyone else on the park in green.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Was seriously underwhelmed when we signed Mixu. Got that badly wrong and loved him as a Hibs player. Was absolutely immense for us.

Jim Leighton - washed up goalie that couldn’t get a game anywhere.

Leanne Dempster - bit of a blah, backroom signing.

Michael O’Neill
    Kevin Mcallister
    We got a great couple of seasons from the two of them

Shaun Dennis. Would have ran through a brick wall for Hibs and wasn't even a Hibby....the wall would have come off far worse

Willie Irvine the first

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Big Mixu. What a f.....g signing.

I thought his best days were behind him when he signed but he gave us a couple of very decent seasons, helping us get out of the old first division or whatever it was called in 1999. His hat-trick against the Jumbos the following season was the standout performance in a magical game. Absolutely outstanding.

After seeing countless threads writing off our new players, I thought I would would bump up this old post. Shows just how wrong many have been about signings before. Lets at least give the new guys a bit of a chance eh.

Leanne Dempster.

Christian Doidge

Martin Boyle
    Kamberi
    Simon Murray

Left by mutual consent!
    Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Ambrose.
    Yeah, Im with you on that one. Far far better footballer than I expected.

Marciano. Best keeper since Leighton (and he's arguably better than him). Don't think many folk thought he'd be as good as he is.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Christian Doidge
    This.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Ambrose.
    This should be a lot of Hibs fans answer. So many people reckoned he was going to be atrocious. Mental.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Conrad …..who?
    I remember thinking that he was either going to be an absolute nightmare or a hero. There was never going to be any middle ground with him😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This should be a lot of Hibs fans answer. So many people reckoned he was going to be atrocious. Mental.
    Definitely. I got caught up in his lowlight montage for Celtic. He was a hero by the time he left us.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    Gotta be Conrad.

Close the thread, I don't think anyone saw that coming I remember the stick he got on here before kick off. Not one person saw that performance coming. Nobody, Nada!!!

Definitely. Have to mention Efe also. I thought he'd be a bomb scare every week.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Heckingbottom! Newell, Doidge and Vela,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, given the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    John Burridge 'Budgie'

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Remember standing outside waiting to get in [after the game had started] and the mounted policeman said "watching my f#ckin horse" as we swayed into it. There was only going to be one winner and it wasn't me/us. Once inside the ground I always remember this older guy describing how "Keith Wright rose like an angel" to anyone that would listen. If you are a poster, thanks for an unbeatable, unforgettable description of the goal 🙂
    Last edited by Is It On....; 15-08-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Joe McBride Snr

HIBS broke a wee laddies heart when they sold Colin Stein to the Huns for the princely sum of £100000 back in 1968 but what a player hatricks galore
    different class

Proof that players come and players go but the next superstar is just around the corner

His laddie wisnae bad either I was at Tiny the night his two late goals denied Hearts a win fellow Hibbies in the boozer thought I was at the wynd up when I walked in with a big smile on my pus as they had left at 0-2
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 15-08-2019 at 10:54 PM.

In his first season for us I was less than impressed with Stuart Lovell. He went on to prove me wrong to the point that I believe had we kept him we’d have won the the 04 LCF with Archie in green as opposed to him lifting it as captain of Livvy