@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Any form of moisteriser

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Things you've never tried? Dating Carol Kirkwood but my gosh I'd love to talk about the weather with her.
    My second cousin is Gail McGrane. I'll ask her to put in a good word for you.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

She's tidy anaw!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Small world, as I'm related to her husband Jon...

Who are you?!?!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Illegal drugs

I don't think it's a small word he wants to put in! 😍

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Similar to previous threads but those things you've never ever tried.

I'll kick-off with..

Nandos. (cheeky or otherwise)
    I’ve never tried Nando’s either, but that is going to change tonight. It’s my daughters birthday and that’s where she’s chosen. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’ve never tried Nando’s either, but that is going to change tonight. It’s my daughters birthday and that’s where she’s chosen. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised
    It's alright.

That's the annoying thing about it though, it's just over hyped.

If i was a betting man i would bet you will walk out tonight saying "that was alright, but it was just chicken eh?!"

It's not bad but it's nothing special, whoever started the whole 'cheeky nandos' thing either needs shot or a medal depending on what side you're on.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Good quality slip ons fit perfectly and look stylish in some settings but not in a work suit.
    Agreed. Cannot beat a pair of GH Bass
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    It's alright.

If i was a betting man i would bet you will walk out tonight saying "that was alright, but it was just chicken eh?!"

It's not bad but it's nothing special, whoever started the whole 'cheeky nandos' thing either needs shot or a medal depending on what side you're on.
    Aye you’re right. It was decent enough, but they couldn’t really go wrong with what they offer. I did notice it was full of youngsters. There was a woman breastfeeding next to a table of teenage boys, they all sat there not saying a word not knowing where to look, it was the highlight of the evening

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    It's alright.

The chicken at Nando’s is alright but then you can’t really make an arse of that. The sides are atrocious though from the frozen McCain chips to the microwaved mash.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    It's alright.

I'll take the medal please. According to Google analytics, it wasn't a term until 2014, I used it in a Facebook post in 2011 saying I'd just bumped into Scott brown enjoying a cheeky nandos.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I'll take the medal please. According to Google analytics, it wasn't a term until 2014, I used it in a Facebook post in 2011 saying I'd just bumped into Scott brown enjoying a cheeky nandos.

Well done.

You've got cheeky nandos, I've got Greggs rumours.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The chicken at Nando’s is alright but then you can’t really make an arse of that. The sides are atrocious though from the frozen McCain chips to the microwaved mash.
    I think the thing about Nandos is its just a step up from a McDonalds or KFC etc in terms of 'fast food' its not mega expensive and its not a place where you would think twice about what to wear.

I admit to not trying Nandos till about a year or so ago and loved it (the chicken anyway) from the pitta with the haloumi to the wraps and burgers. (not a fan of the bolo bun thing I think its called, too hard.) Its casual eating and gives the impression its a bit healthier than a McDonalds (Im not saying it is, and im sure i read there was more fat or sugar in a nandos than a KFC).

Totally agree about the sides, the chips literally are McCains oven chips, and even a wee bit peri peri salt doesnt hide the fact they are. The Macho peas are really nice however as is the corn and super grain. The rest as you say microed *****. All I know is if were out on a Sat afternoon (me the mrs and my son) id rather spend 30 quid at Nandos for a munch than 15-20 for a McDonalds.

On the topic of the thread, ive never tried Wagammas, but I do like making noodle based dishes at home so will hope to try it one day.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I think the thing about Nandos is its just a step up from a McDonalds or KFC etc in terms of 'fast food' its not mega expensive and its not a place where you would think twice about what to wear.

I admit to not trying Nandos till about a year or so ago and loved it (the chicken anyway) from the pitta with the haloumi to the wraps and burgers. (not a fan of the bolo bun thing I think its called, too hard.) Its casual eating and gives the impression its a bit healthier than a McDonalds (Im not saying it is, and im sure i read there was more fat or sugar in a nandos than a KFC).

Totally agree about the sides, the chips literally are McCains oven chips, and even a wee bit peri peri salt doesnt hide the fact they are. The Macho peas are really nice however as is the corn and super grain. The rest as you say microed *****. All I know is if were out on a Sat afternoon (me the mrs and my son) id rather spend 30 quid at Nandos for a munch than 15-20 for a McDonalds.

On the topic of the thread, ive never tried Wagammas, but I do like making noodle based dishes at home so will hope to try it one day.
    I'd get on to that soon.

Sure i read this morning the chain that own Franky and Benny's are about to buy it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post

Wagamama’s is worth a go. Probably the best reasonably priced chain around IMO.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Small world, as I'm related to her husband Jon...

Who are you?!?!
    My late mum was from Dingwall (née Innes)

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    We often go to Buffalo Grill with the kids (I see there's one in Edinburgh). The menu isn't the same across here but in terms of value for money it's difficult to beat. For the 4 of us it probably costs twice what we'd pay for a McDonalds, but it's well worth the difference.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think this is going to be very beneficial https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46029362

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Tripe.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I've never been to a cricket match. Just got tickets for the first day of the Ashes test at Headingley next August.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I've never been to a cricket match. Just got tickets for the first day of the Ashes test at Headingley next August.
    You must have plenty of cash 😁. Yorkshire contacted me and wanted a big fee for tickets. I declined.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    You must have plenty of cash 😁. Yorkshire contacted me and wanted a big fee for tickets. I declined.
    £80 a head (gulp) plus petrol plus a couple of nights in a premier inn plus beer money. All told, not cheap. It better not rain!

£80 a head (gulp) plus petrol plus a couple of nights in a premier inn plus beer money. All told, not cheap. It better not rain!
    It will be a good day providing the weather is decent. I'm about 15 miles from Leeds but it's a good night out. Plenty decent drinking places near the ground too.

You will enjoy it and if it does rain you will get money back.

£80 for an all day event (weather depending!) Isn't too bad.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Decent sightlines at Headingley, a range of food options in the ground and of course the chance to drink beer in the sun. Plus you’re not far from a short train ride into the city centre, though I’ve tended more towards Uber when there.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    £80 for an all day event (weather depending!) Isn't too bad.
    I guess £/hour you're right, it's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Decent sightlines at Headingley, a range of food options in the ground and of course the chance to drink beer in the sun. Plus you’re not far from a short train ride into the city centre, though I’ve tended more towards Uber when there.
    I'm going with my big Yorkshire pal for local knowledge and blending in value. Should be an experience.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Not been since the late 90s, but the Western Terrace used to get a bit raucous by the late afternoon!

@hibs.net private member
    A cigarette.