hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Things I've never tried? Debating 9/11 with a conspiracy theorist.

It just seem so pointless.
    Half and half tinfoil hats?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Things I've never tried? Debating 9/11 with a conspiracy theorist.

It just seem so pointless.
    I could have put that 20 mins ago. Wish I still could to be fair.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I could have put that 20 mins ago. Wish I still could to be fair.
    Try it.

You can only hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    So 1 building held records of a Government institution, in another state, that weren't backed up anywhere?
    Seems plausible
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    How does this conspiracy work?

Firstly, we have to accept that no-one involved in the plot has any morals. They care nothing about fellow Americans and have no friends or family who work in the buildings or they don't care about them either.

Then somehow the CIA coaxes, and probably helps, a few jihadis to learn to fly large passenger aircraft and help formulate a plan to crash them into the WTCs.

Then they employ structural engineers and demolition experts to work out how to bring down the buildings at an appropriate time after the initial collision.

A controlled explosion suggests that someone detonated the charges rather than leave it to chance, so timing was crucial during those panic struck minutes.

All those people have to have been 100% reliable in case one of them felt a bit guilty and decided to get it off his or her chest.

If this was true, you'd have to applaud the skills of those responsible, and their ability to hide it all from the public (apart from those who "know" better).

The question for me is why?

Did they really need to bring down buildings to justify a war? Wasn't the act of flying jumbo jets into New York enough?

Why did they bother ensuring that they fell in on themselves? You can't say that they cared about New York or the citizens.

I watched it unfold. Well before there was any collapse, I said that this was the start of WW3. Ok, that was an exaggeration, but no more was needed to send the troops after the culprits.

Why haven't Al Quida not grassed up the CIA for their involvement? They must have known who they were dealing with. Or don't they have intelligence, in both senses of the word?

The buildings fell because of the tons of high octane jet fuel that spewed out of the full planes.

The way the buildings fell has been explained by structural experts.

Conspiracies are funny.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 27-09-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    How does this conspiracy work?

Firstly, we have to accept that no-one involved in the plot has any morals. They care nothing about fellow Americans and have no friends or family who work in the buildings or they don't care about them either.

Then somehow the CIA coaxes, and probably helps, a few jihadis to learn to fly large passenger aircraft and help formulate a plan to crash them into the WTCs.

Then they employ structural engineers and demolition experts to work out how to bring down the buildings at an appropriate time after the initial collision.

A controlled explosion suggests that someone detonated the charges rather than leave it to chance, so timing was crucial during those panic struck minutes.

All those people have to have been 100% reliable in case one of them felt a bit guilty and decided to get it off his or her chest.

If this was true, you'd have to applaud the skills of those responsible, and their ability to hide it all from the public (apart from those who "know" better).

The question for me is why?

Did they really need to bring down buildings to justify a war? Wasn't the act of flying jumbo jets into New York enough?

Why did they bother ensuring that they fell in on themselves? You can't say that they cared about New York or the citizens.

I watched it unfold. Well before there was any collapse, I said that this was the start of WW3. Ok, that was an exaggeration, but no more was needed to send the troops after the culprits.

Why haven't Al Quida not grassed up the CIA for their involvement? They must have known who they were dealing with. Or don't they have intelligence, in both senses of the word?

The buildings fell because of the tons of high octane jet fuel that spewed out of the full planes.

The way the buildings fell has been explained by structural experts.

Conspiracies are funny.
    Jet fuel can’t melt steal beamz.

Every structural engineer agrees it was a controlled explosion. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Take your head out the sand mate.
    Take your ridiculous nonsense theory out of my thread... mate

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I think 9/11 was an inside job but I don't think the poster should be getting a hard about his opinion on it. There are millions of others who believe this as well.

I have never tried the new East stand since it was redeveloped.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I think 9/11 was an inside job but I don't think the poster should be getting a hard about his opinion on it. There are millions of others who believe this as well.
    There are millions of people who believe a spirit in the sky created earth in a week, and look where that's got us...
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I have never tried the new East stand since it was redeveloped.
    Pathetic, call yourself a Hibs fan. You’ll still be wanting a ticket for Tynecastle though!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    9/11 isnt really a conspiracy though.

It was a preplanned attack by the Government.
    Amazing how they find no parts of a plane....but manage to find a hijackers passport.

Every demolition expert and structural engineer agrees that it was a controlled explosion.
    If you look closely when the towers collapse...you can see little explosions as it falls.

Flat earth theory is abit ridiculous however.
    Im not saying there is not more to the 9/11 than we know BUT:

If it was a controlled explosion who put them there? how many people would have had to be involved to put them there in secret without anyone knowing or finding them?
    A controlled explosion leaves little wire residues all over the place. None were found.

Thermite would not have been able to melt the metal, its been proved again and again.

We all seen the planes hit. The weight on the floors collapsing on one another can show how it stacked down........imagine the downforce that would cause, all the air and debris shooting down any hole it can find.......imagine what that might look like? Yip, you guessed it little explosions of dust etc down all the vents and bursting out (most likely the elevator shafts) FFS my 6 year old could probably work that one out.

Like I said I am not saying there isint more to this, or we have not been told everything but what your suggesting is pretty ridiculous.

I have said this on here before, but just take into account (if it was an inside job) how many people would have been involved. You are talking thousands upon thousands all required to keep this secret, and not 1 person has ever came out and claimed to be involved. You simply cant have that many people in the know of such a grand scale inside job and trust they would keep schtum and not have any guilt over the many thousands dead.

Oh and forgetting Bin Laden happy to live a life of hiding by claiming he done something that wasn't him.

If your location is correct and you do indeed live in Amsterdam I think you need stay out the coffee shops for a while mate.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    There are millions of people who believe a spirit in the sky created earth in a week, and look where that's got us...
    In fairness all of the mainstream Christian churches actually acknowledge the theory of evolution. Pope Benedict is on record as refusing to endorse either young earth creationism or intelligent design. From 2007:

'Currently, I see in Germany, but also in the United States, a somewhat fierce debate raging between so-called "creationism" and evolutionism, presented as though they were mutually exclusive alternatives: those who believe in the Creator would not be able to conceive of evolution, and those who instead support evolution would have to exclude God. This antithesis is absurd because, on the one hand, there are so many scientific proofs in favour of evolution which appears to be a reality we can see and which enriches our knowledge of life and being as such.'

I'm wary of taking the thread of topic but it's possible to believe something whilst acknowledging an incomplete knowledge, understanding and imperfections within the theory. I believe in evolution but the concept of 'something from nothing' is a fascinating one and probably as much a philosophical question as a scientific one. It's the inability to accept alternative plausible theories that trouble me about conspiracy theorists; pretty much anything on official record is dismissed as a lie with no real consideration for the question as a whole. I've said it before but the ability to not only listen but hear an alternative argument is a much underrated skill.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Anal sex.

I hear it's not all it's cracked up to be.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Promising Youngster
    Tea
    Coffee
    Buckfast
    Drove a car

And for what its worth....9/11 was an inside job

Some people wont wake up :-/

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Hibee View Post
    Tea
    Coffee
    Buckfast
    Drove a car

And for what its worth....9/11 was an inside job

Some people wont wake up :-/
    Seriously? Are you still at primary school? I can't believe there's an adult that hasn't ever tried tea or coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Seriously? Are you still at primary school? I can't believe there's an adult that hasn't ever tried tea or coffee.
    Wish I was in that boat. I've tried both but absolutely despise both, give me the boak.

Left by mutual consent!

Unhappy

Colonic irrigation...meant to be quite refreshing

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Anal sex.

I hear it's not all it's cracked up to be.
    Depends if you're giving or taking surely

Skydiving. And I'm not about to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Wish I was in that boat. I've tried both but absolutely despise both, give me the boak.
    Agree with coffee, horrendous stuff. Don’t drink tea but it’s nice enough.

I've never tried cocaine but it smells amazing.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Skydiving. And I'm not about to start now.
    i done a tandem jump a few years ago, one if the scariest yet amazing things ive ever done, sitting on the inside of a plane with your feet tucked in on the outside of it at 12000 feet was mental

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    i done a tandem jump a few years ago, one if the scariest yet amazing things ive ever done, sitting on the inside of a plane with your feet tucked in on the outside of it at 12000 feet was mental
    I've not tried it, but feel similarly to bunjee jumps that it's just unnatural - you're not meant to jump out planes. It's the irrationality of it that makes me scared I wouldn't be able to do it when up there!
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    I've never tried cocaine but it smells amazing.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I've not tried it, but feel similarly to bunjee jumps that it's just unnatural - you're not meant to jump out planes. It's the irrationality of it that makes me scared I wouldn't be able to do it when up there!

You're not meant to go in planes either, its totally unnatural for humans to fly, thats why so many hate it or are not good travellers on flights. I we were meant to fly we would have been given wings.

You're not meant to go in planes either, its totally unnatural for humans to fly, thats why so many hate it or are not good travellers on flights. I we were meant to fly we would have been given wings.
    I suppose by using that analogy we are not meant to sail either, if we were meant for the sea we would have been given flippers 😀

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I suppose by using that analogy we are not meant to sail either, if we were meant for the sea we would have been given flippers 😀

No, but we float in water for 9 months before we are born so we are all naturals.

Not to mention some humans are born with webbed feet.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 14-10-2018 at 08:53 PM.

No, but we float in water for 9 months before we are born so we are all naturals.
    True 😃

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Slip on shoes. Totally pointless and go agInst the whole design of shoes which are to be laced to your feet. Shoes gives and stretch over time hence you lace them to your foot as an adjustment.