hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I thought when Oli Shaw ran up to take his penalty he was going to turn and pass it back

2. Log in to remove the advert

How many chances...

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought when Oli Shaw ran up to take his penalty he was going to turn and pass it back
    Woke still raging but this has already made my morning!! :)

Sounds a bit Cathro esque but i can't recall us playing better without scoring. I'm still wondering how we didn't win. This one will hurt for a while.

For me it hurts a bit but that game we dominated, if we can convert more we can look forward to a good season, "The Scottish Cup is in the bag"

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Indeed

Shaw will be a great player for Hibs. Wonder if the same nonsense was posted every time a 20 year old Riordan or O'Connor missed a few chances.
    For context, a 20 yo Derek Riordan scored 3 goals in 2002-2003 before going on to score 15 the following season.

O'Connor scored 5 in 33 in his 20th year.

I think people expect too much from Shaw. The main thing for him at this stage is that he's in the right position more often than not. The goals will come!

Left by mutual consent!
    Should of brought back Malonga :)

Was a free agent till September 12th.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Should of brought back Malonga :)

Was a free agent till September 12th.
    Malonga in this team

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Funnily enough I said roughly the same to my mate leaving the Stadium as at the end of the day like every Hibby I want Shaw to be a success but his response was come back to me when he has scored a hatrick against The Rangers a la MacLaren or Sproule.

Your mate sounds a bit daft, that has nothing to do with anything.

Left by mutual consent!
    Indeed

Shaw will be a great player for Hibs. Wonder if the same nonsense was posted every time a 20 year old Riordan or O'Connor missed a few chances.
    They were miles better at that age, as was Stephen Fletcher, and Kenny Millar. We are out of the cup because he wasn't good enough.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Would've been nice to go through, but the free weekends in October could be useful for recovering players.

By the way, some of the Shaw comments are like we've forgotten all about some of Steven Fletcher's exploits in a Hibs shirt. Finished after a bad game, behave.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    They were miles better at that age, as was Stephen Fletcher, and Kenny Millar. We are out of the cup because he wasn't good enough.
    I'm sorry but that last sentence is just outright wrong.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    I am sure that Shaw will turn into a top class striker. He should have scored at least one yesterday but the same could be said of Kamberi and Boyle.

Great to see us developing players through the academy as that will save and potentially earn us a fortune in years to come.

Whilst I think Shaw has a bit to go to play up front for us regularly, laying the blame squarely at his door is ridiculous. What about the chances Flo had? Or Boyle? Or Porteous missing a header from about two yards at the end of extra time?

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Would've been nice to go through, but the free weekends in October could be useful for recovering players.

By the way, some of the Shaw comments are like we've forgotten all about some of Steven Fletcher's exploits in a Hibs shirt. Finished after a bad game, behave.
    Would rather have gone through obviously but could be a blessing in disguise

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Derek Riordan couldn't get a game at that age and was farmed out to Cowdenbeath. Garry O'Connor was testing the faith of Bobby Williamson in his last season too, people were expecting TM to sell him when he came in.

If you're going to haver, at least spell Kenny Miller's name right.

Plenty of missed chances by players other than Shaw. Folk just love sticking the knife in to the young man. He's plenty good enough.

We need to have a really good look in the players without ubs market and seeif there is a stop gap 1 year contract.signing whohas at least some pedigree of scoring even if its a Grant Holt type age when we got him ...we need a back up forward ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    That's cup football for you: One team dominates possession, wastes chance after chance and is taken to the lottery of a penalty shootout, where anything can happen.

Aberdeen got mighty, mighty lucky and dont they know it.

On this showing we are streets ahead of the Dons and I'm convinced that we will finish above them in the league.
    I agree totally, but if you listened to Derek McInnes on the BBC on the way home, you’d think you were at a different game. The mans a pure tosser.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Your mate sounds a bit daft, that has nothing to do with anything.
    Aye, he is a bit of a radge but like all mental Hibees he has been spoilt in recent years and has high expectations. This is what young Shaw is up against. Time to prove the doubters wrong

Get Malonga and Dobbie in!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring someone in now. Especially if Flo is out for a while.

I agree Shaw will be great for us - BUT not right now.

Tell you something, how many teams could lose the talent we lost in the summer and put in as good a performance as we have under Lennon without replacing them. Lennon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Hibs were excellent tonight. Aberdeen have consistently been the second best team in the country for years now, and we absolutely dominated them.

If the game finished 4-0, it would have flattered them.

Our finishing was incredibly wasteful, we haven't been like that for a while but it was so bad tonight I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd ended the penalties with nil.

The mental thing is I don't think I'd pick out a poor performer, the overall performance was really, really good. Positive, on the front foot, creative and attacking - everything we want, really.

Aberdeen ride their luck massively. Their clean sheet was not from dogged defending or stifling our play. We cut through them time and time again.

We lost because we weren't clinical enough, that is my only criticism of the team tonight.
    Matty agree with most of your post except one part.....

We have been very wasteful in front of goals for a while now. Just take Dundee ( bottom of the league no points ) 5th attempt on target before we scored, yes we did score 3 second half but missed numerous chances too inbetween the first goal and final whistle. Numerous times I’ve read on here we’re going to give someone a hammering and I’m still waiting for it to happen ( though when it does come someone’s going to get well spanked ).

If Hibs could score more chances to chances made ratio then we would definitely be very close to a league winning team.

GGTTH

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    I agree totally, but if you listened to Derek McInnes on the BBC on the way home, you’d think you were at a different game. The mans a pure tosser.
    This is what is quoted on BBC website, and I think he thinks we are a good team!!!

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes: "There were two teams going at each other. You can see we're still not having that top performance that we're working towards. We could have used the ball better and broken better than we did."But another clean sheet shows the resilience of the team. I feel for Neil and his team, it's clear he's got a good team here. They normally score at home, not many teams come here and keep clean sheets. We had to defend well. Joe's had a couple of good saves."We went through the ringer. There's enough good about us to get results but we're still looking for that slickness and attacking threat. When you go on a cup run, there are moments when you look back and resilience; a bit of luck is all it takes sometimes."

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This is what is quoted on BBC website, and I think he thinks we are a good team!!!

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes: "There were two teams going at each other. You can see we're still not having that top performance that we're working towards. We could have used the ball better and broken better than we did."But another clean sheet shows the resilience of the team. I feel for Neil and his team, it's clear he's got a good team here. They normally score at home, not many teams come here and keep clean sheets. We had to defend well. Joe's had a couple of good saves."We went through the ringer. There's enough good about us to get results but we're still looking for that slickness and attacking threat. When you go on a cup run, there are moments when you look back and resilience; a bit of luck is all it takes sometimes."
    Don't see too much wrong with Mcinnes comments tbh??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Don't see too much wrong with Mcinnes comments tbh??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Not a lot wrong at all, he did state that you need a bit of luck, but plenty on here stated luck had nothing to do with it??

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Shaw needs fired out on loan IMO
    Hang on. So with our first choice strikers both out injured you think the answer is sending the other striker out on loan?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Patently crud.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Hang on. So with our first choice strikers both out injured you think the answer is sending the other striker out on loan?

Sorry, I don't mean this second as we clearly need him, I mean a good Oli Shaw, but he would greatly benefit from playing and scoring and a lower level IMO to then return a better player.