hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Only have ourselves to blame. We murdered them should have been outta sight in ninety minutes.
    They could not handle our passing and movement as long as we kept the ball on the deck.
    That game was crying out for Jamie MacLaren. Olly Shaw seems to be going backwards. The shot where he sclaffed the ball past the post when Flo was unmarked in the middle he didn’t even hit the target. Dearie me! Still cannot believe we lost that. Lacking a cutting edge final third.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He did more than battle away, he got into good positions, made some excellent passes, tracked back well etc.

Like I said I know he missed a few chances but he wasn’t awful. They all missed chances tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Only have ourselves to blame. We murdered them should have been outta sight in ninety minutes.
    They could not handle our passing and movement as long as we kept the ball on the deck.
    That game was crying out for Jamie MacLaren. Olly Shaw seems to be going backwards. The shot where he sclaffed the ball past the post when Flo was unmarked in the middle he didn’t even hit the target. Dearie me! Still cannot believe we lost that. Lacking a cutting edge final third.
    I thought Flo had a good game in general.....but his miss in the first half was way worse than Shaw??

Can’t really single out any one player, the whole team were poor in the final third. I can’t remember the last time we dominated Aberdeen as we did and still can’t believe we never won it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Agree. Don’t think Shaw is the answer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Very poor finishing tonight. Really really bad. Only got ourselves to blame.

Very impressed with Milligan though. Strolled it
    Milligan tired badly after about 80 minutes made a couple of errors late in the game got moved into a back three first period of extra time looked dead on his feet hooked but only understandable as only his second full competitive game since the WC. Promising youngster

Promising Youngster
    Shaw wasn’t poor, I know he missed chances and that’s his job etc but I actually thought he did well tonight
    I agree with you h_g Thought young Shaw played well. Very disappointed with Kamberi though. He needs to brush up on his knowledge of the offside rule. Thought he was the worst player in the team tonight. Certainly missed McClaren.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agree. Don’t think Shaw is the answer yet.
    Loan ?

Agree Shaw was not up to scratch tonight, and had no idea Kamberi was injured. Striker position is a massive, massive problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwihibby View Post
    I agree with you h_g Thought young Shaw played well. Very disappointed with Kamberi though. He needs to brush up on his knowledge of the offside rule. Thought he was the worst player in the team tonight. Certainly missed McClaren.
    Are you having a laugh? Kamberi's hold up play was outstanding tonight.

Perhaps the most Ive ever disagreed with an assessment of a player ever. Apart from not scoring like everyone else he was unplayable at times!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Loan ?
    Yes 👀

Oli Shaw had zero goals at this stage last season

He has 3 already, including 2 in the league. How is he going backwards?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Shaw did play well but Kamberi was still miles better than him!

Crucial time for good young players like Shaw. He’s been given his chance tonight but needed to do a lot better in front of goal - that’s mainly why he’s on the park. Really wish he’d taken a chance tonight, but his composure let him down. Lennon wasn’t pleased with him in post match interview.

Plenty effort and came deep a few times for decent link up play, looked a lot stronger as well, but a few more poor performances in front of goal like tonight and he’ll be in danger of just be another ‘nearly’ player.

Its sadly how it goes and the pressure must be difficult to handle and show he can cut it regularly with the big boys. But he simply has to. Hopefully he’ll rectify it on Saturday.

You beng serious about Kamberi.?!

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

Because people don’t pay any attention to facts.Similarly how could anyone think it would be a good idea to send him out on loan to play with worse players than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Because people don’t pay any attention to facts.Similarly how could anyone think it would be a good idea to send him out on loan to play with worse players than we have.
    Indeed

Shaw will be a great player for Hibs. Wonder if the same nonsense was posted every time a 20 year old Riordan or O'Connor missed a few chances.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hibs were excellent tonight. Aberdeen have consistently been the second best team in the country for years now, and we absolutely dominated them.

If the game finished 4-0, it would have flattered them.

Our finishing was incredibly wasteful, we haven't been like that for a while but it was so bad tonight I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd ended the penalties with nil.

The mental thing is I don't think I'd pick out a poor performer, the overall performance was really, really good. Positive, on the front foot, creative and attacking - everything we want, really.

Aberdeen ride their luck massively. Their clean sheet was not from dogged defending or stifling our play. We cut through them time and time again.

We lost because we weren't clinical enough, that is my only criticism of the team tonight.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Kamberi the worst player in the team tonight? Behave yourself.

Shaw did play well but Kamberi was still miles better than him!

Needs to do better in front of goal in big games like tonight had a couple of decent chances tonight to make a name for himself and finally cement a first team place for himself but blew it !

If Kamberi is fit on Saturday Oli will be back on the bench

Lenny was ruing Shaws miss when interviewed by BBC Radio Scotland post match he said Shaw was right through he hit the ball past the far post with Flo in plenty of space in the middle he didn’t even hit the target!

Lenny obviously not happy

On the question of stats : How Many goals had Simon Murray scored this time last year?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Problem is, if we sign another striker, chances are he will be signed to sit on the bench. We have a front 2 of kamberi and mclaren, who when fit, will be first choice. Any striker signed will probably have to accept he will be a bit part player unless there are injuries etc.

If they are signed it's because they are out of contract so they would surely welcome an offer of one.

Indeed

Shaw will be a great player for Hibs. Wonder if the same nonsense was posted every time a 20 year old Riordan or O'Connor missed a few chances.
    I really hope he does mate...I desperately wanted him to do well tonight but I.just worry he is going to be one of these "nearly" young players. Wasn't overly impressed tonight and could tell Flo was raging with him on a few occasions. Credit where it's due though it wasn't his night but he stick away his pen..hope he proves me wrong and scores a hat trick on Sat.

But this is his big chance whilst Jamie Mac and maybe now Flo (thought God I hope not) are injured. If he doesn't make the most of these opportunities he will find himself down the pecking order come Jan as am pretty sure another striker will be top of the list come then if Oli doesn't do the biz between now and then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Hibs were excellent tonight. Aberdeen have consistently been the second best team in the country for years now, and we absolutely dominated them.

Our finishing was incredibly wasteful, we haven't been like that for a while but it was so bad tonight I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd ended the penalties with nil.

The mental thing is I don't think I'd pick out a poor performer, the overall performance was really, really good. Positive, on the front foot, creative and attacking - everything we want, really.

Aberdeen ride their luck massively. Their clean sheet was not from dogged defending or stifling our play. We cut through them time and time again.

We lost because we weren't clinical enough, that is my only criticism of the team tonight.
    Agreed - you could analyse the game to death if you really wanted to. However, tonight was just one of those rare occasions in football where one team absolutely pummels the other but could play all night without scoring. Lennon will keep faith with that style of play as it will see us win far more games than we lose. It is also great to watch and is what the Hibs supporters crave.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Are you having a laugh? Kamberi's hold up play was outstanding tonight.

Even though he was fouled constantly and hardly got anything from the "ref" (sic). I'm surprised there was anything left of his shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    I thought Flo had a good game in general.....but his miss in the first half was way worse than Shaw??
    Flos miss was a howler seemed to get himself dizzy spinning around the goalie and lost his bearings sliding it past the post.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I really hope he does mate...I desperately wanted him to do well tonight but I.just worry he is going to be one of these "nearly" young players. Wasn't overly impressed tonight and could tell Flo was raging with him on a few occasions. Credit where it's due though it wasn't his night but he stick away his pen..hope he proves me wrong and scores a hat trick on Sat.

But this is his big chance whilst Jamie Mac and maybe now Flo (thought God I hope not) are injured. If he doesn't make the most of these opportunities he will find himself down the pecking order come Jan as am pretty sure another striker will be top of the list come then if Oli doesn't do the biz between now and then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    There were a few occasions where a pass to Shaw from Kamberi would have put him through. It's what happens when you play 2 up front. Get called greedy if you don't pass and miss and get called brill if you score - works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Shaw was so poor. If Kamberi has a hamstring injury as reported by BT we are going to struggle.
    emergency loan???

This was Shaw's big chance but what about Maclaren missing 2 sitters in Perth and Shaw bailing him out later? Or does that not count? It's a team effort, win or lose. Singling out Shaw and suggesting it's his big chance blown or we should loan him out is total nonsense.

This was Shaw's big chance but what about Maclaren missing 2 sitters in Perth and Shaw bailing him out later? Or does that not count? It's a team effort, win or lose. Singling out Shaw and suggesting it's his big chance blown or we should loan him out is total nonsense.
    Funnily enough I said roughly the same to my mate leaving the Stadium as at the end of the day like every Hibby I want Shaw to be a success but his response was come back to me when he has scored a hatrick against The Rangers a la MacLaren or Sproule.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post