hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Appreciating the Fans

I find it appalling that fans are regularly treated as cash cows.

I took my 4 year old and 8 year old to the game today - £26 for me, £11 for the kids. Ok £48, I can handle that - but it’s Dens Park FFS!

What really pissed me off was when I was charged £15.30 for 2 steak pies, a sausage roll and 3 diet cokes!

I understand that clubs are trying to maximise income, however in reality whilst I will attend the next match at Dens Park, I will probably leave the kids.

Had Dundee FC perhaps appreciated our support and even dropped their prices by 15%, they would have had 100% repeat business from me, as it is instead of £63.30, they will only get £26 from me!

I’m sure we also do the same but treating fans as customers rather than income would go a long way to improving our game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The £26 price tag put a lot of people off today. I would rather save my £26 and give it to the Hibs rather than put money into the coffers of that putrid club's coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it appalling that fans are regularly treated as cash cows.

I took my 4 year old and 8 year old to the game today - £26 for me, £11 for the kids. Ok £48, I can handle that - but it’s Dens Park FFS!

What really pissed me off was when I was charged £15.30 for 2 steak pies, a sausage roll and 3 diet cokes!

I understand that clubs are trying to maximise income, however in reality whilst I will attend the next match at Dens Park, I will probably leave the kids.

Had Dundee FC perhaps appreciated our support and even dropped their prices by 15%, they would have had 100% repeat business from me, as it is instead of £63.30, they will only get £26 from me!

I’m sure we also do the same but treating fans as customers rather than income would go a long way to improving our game.
    An adult and 2 kids would also cost £48 at ER. And the pies and cokes would be the same, if not dearer TBH.

All clubs are robbing *******s TBH.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Clubs should do family tickets for away fans imo.

When hibs are away I normally do something with the family, I contemplated us all going through to Livingston the other week but it was going to cost almost £60 for the three of us, and that’s just for the tickets. Not affordable for a lot of families and i include mine in that, even if I was flush with cash though that’s simply not good value.

@hibs.net private member
    Even worse when Dundee only charged their own fans £5 for kids tickets.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Totally agree, I gave up away games when I started taking my two kids and haven’t bought food or drink in a stadium for about 20 years!

Think I paid £645.00 for our three season tickets which I can quickly forget about but if I was paying £50 or whatever it is cash every home game I think I’d give up, I know it works out the same over the season but it just seems more when you pay it regularly.

I suppose if you're used to getting a Season Ticket for your kids for 50 quid, it must be a shock to have to pay about twelve quid for a single game.

I seem to remember we used to have special deals in our Family Section, parent and kids gates, where kids were half price with an adult paying full price.

@hibs.net private member
    Same with me. I used to try and take the kids to all the away games and in the Championship it wasn't too bad. Far too expensive now so I go on my own except the odd game or the clubs that make it a good deal for kids. I get charging the higher prices when games are going to sell out but how many dads would have taken their kids today if it had been a fiver. I ended up not going but may have made the effort if the three of us could have went for a reasonable sum

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I suppose if you're used to getting a Season Ticket for your kids for 50 quid, it must be a shock to have to pay about twelve quid for a single game.

I seem to remember we used to have special deals in our Family Section, parent and kids gates, where kids were half price with an adult paying full price.
    £50 would be amazing but I paid £130, there’s a few clubs that still do great deals for parent and child, I’m sure Motherwell is one of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stopped buying food in grounds, got a lovely pizza thing n drink fae the lidl outside livis ground for £2, now ones opened on easter road ill get my snack fae there instead... £2.50 for a tea, jog on...

Clubs should pull all the stops out to encourage kids into football, the game struggles as it is.
    It’s a damn disgrace dads cant take them to games

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Clubs should pull all the stops out to encourage kids into football, the game struggles as it is.
    It’s a damn disgrace dads cant take them to games
    What about mothers?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    What about mothers?
    I’m fine about no taking the boys mother, would like to take him though. 😜

What about mothers?
    Sorry!!! Of course

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    😂

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Even worse when Dundee only charged their own fans £5 for kids tickets.
    It's a nonsense that a club (Dundee, us or whoever) can charge different prices based purely on who you support. Sure, different parts of the ground will have different prices but it should be like for like, whoever you support. Totally unfair and leads to tit-for-tat reprisals.

£26 and no paper towels in the men’s bathroom to dry your hands. Before kickoff. Lucky the hibs were there to gie me bang for my buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    This isn't just a football problem. We, the ordinary Joes of the UK, are being taken for a ride. Every commercial entity in these islands have their hands so deep in our pockets, they can scratch our balls

I can't wait to get the f*** away tbh

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Sorry if this is taken as rude but why do you just not go instead of go, pay then moan about it?

I didn't go today because £26 Is a rip off for Dens never mind fuel and sustenance!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Tickets for Molde away were £10. For a euro tie, FFS!

Scottish football fans pay a relative fortune because our TV deal is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    Sorry if this is taken as rude but why do you just not go instead of go, pay then moan about it?

I didn't go today because £26 Is a rip off for Dens never mind fuel and sustenance!

Possibly the worst argument I’ve ever heard.

I went because I’m a hibby, as are my kids.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    The £26 price tag put a lot of people off today. I would rather save my £26 and give it to the Hibs rather than put money into the coffers of that putrid club's coffers.
    Bit harsh mate, given the turn Dee did us back in '86. I will always be grateful

As to food prices at football, yes, they're scandalous and usually it's low quality stuff. Take the kids for a KFC/burger before or after the game would be my advice.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    Possibly the worst argument I’ve ever heard.

I went because I’m a hibby, as are my kids.

GGTTH
    Then you can obviously afford it. No one is going to choose hibs over bankruptcy.

Yip was there with my son, £8.50 for two bovrils and a packet of Maltesers, when I questioned it was told £3.50 for a bag of sweets!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Got to Dens today and thought to myself “ Who lives in a house like this?”
    What a dump! It is like a throw back to the 1920s that stops early 1980s
    It makes you proud of our beautiful stadium
    As other posters have said highway robbery to charge £26 for adults
    Strange though it may seem while Dundee were poor I thought they had some good players?

Me and my daughter are not season ticket holders but generally go to 15-18 games per season, Home, Away, Hampden etc. It costs us roughly £35 for tickets, £15 lunch and £15 fuel (Hamilton to ER or away) £60-65 twice a month is costly it’s a good job we have been playing well but it does make you think that our game is so overpriced.

St Johnstone seemed to do a decent deal, think it was £18 for an adult and a fiver for a kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Its a tough conundrum as football clubs in general have a very tough job in balancing the books and sticking to budgets (unless one uses the yam economics of assuming normal financial economics don't apply ).

Football should always be affordable for every income and 26 quid for entry into Dens doesn't fall into that category. 20 quid for Dens should be the maximum entry fee with concessions a maximum tenner.

20 quid for me should be the maximum for every ground around the country bar category A games that require extra spending on stewarding, policing and extra contingency costing to attract folk to regularly attend.

I'd rather charge 10 quid a seat and have a full ground than price out the many with a half full stadium. I appreciate there are those who would argue against that theory.

Albeit, exciting teams will always attract more supporters to attend no matter a few quid extra but exciting teams have to be fairly paid for and why most of us despise the huns and yams for cheating their way to cups and 'honours' they later defaulted on.

Great result today.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    How are they a putrid club?
    Dundee FC had a rich history before the money men started messing up.
    It's just a shame Dundee is too small a place to properly support 2 good teams
    They are just another Scottish football team with supporters like us who follow their team.
    Anyone who supports a Scottish team other than Celtic or Rangers is okay by me.
    For that to happen other teams have to exist for them to support.
    I love Scottish football and the only shame is that 2 of the teams have consistently stolen glory hunting supporters from towns and cities the length and breadth of Scotland.
    Do you hate every team apart from Hibs?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Do what I did, went to Yorkes of Dundee for steak pies before the game, much cheaper and tastier.