hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slivka

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lot of pish being talked about Slivka IMO

He is a tidy player who does the mechanics in midfield, he’s rarely going to score a raker, nor is he going to dribble past five and slot it in.

He will show, he will receive, he will pass and he will move. And show for the next pass.

We are lost without players who can do that, we really are.
    This 100% - baffles the life out of me how some don't see it in VS - he's a superb player, one who admittedly is a confidence player, but given a few games he never ever lets the side down. Always see him as a very intelligent and thoughtful player, which in this frenetic league is a rarity. one day the penny will drop with most fans, a bit like those who didn't think Lewis was any good. Both of them are the safest in possession at the club

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This 100% - baffles the life out of me how some don't see it in VS - he's a superb player, one who admittedly is a confidence player, but given a few games he never ever lets the side down. Always see him as a very intelligent and thoughtful player, which in this frenetic league is a rarity. one day the penny will drop with most fans, a bit like those who didn't think Lewis was any good. Both of them are the safest in possession at the club
    He is another player who will benefit from Milligan's arrival.
    The passing and holding ability of both gives our midfield the substance and strength it has been missing since Messrs McGinn & McGeoch moved on.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    poorly brilliant...........i’ll trust the manager.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Great game today, player, end of.

First Team Breakthrough
    Wasn’t at game today but hopefully by sound of it Milligan is the battler with skill that will allow the other midfielders to go do there stuff

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Potentially the new McGeough in that sense. Many didn't think he was good enough, did enough when fit and didn't score goals until it was clear we weren't going to be able to keep him then it was panic stations as we'd never see the likes of him in midfield again.

Slivka does his job well and there's signs that he's going to get better in a settled midfield. Perseverance is needed by some.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    He’s also said Whitaker played well but you choose to ignore that
    Some would say you have an agenda
    Don’t be a walloper. I bumped into Gary last night he said Slivka done well. No mention of anyone else. OK.

Posts like this drive me nuts. If VS is "superb" what does that make players like McGinn? I will repeat myself VS is an okay player who has yet to do enough to hold down a a first team start. If he was "superb" he would start Every week and have a host of suitors.

@hibs.net private member wandering_hibee's Avatar
    VS had a very good game yesterday, always made himself available and most of the time found an outlet. Definitely underrated by some but needs to get a good run in the team now that we have an excellent central midfielder.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Posts like this drive me nuts. If VS is "superb" what does that make players like McGinn? I will repeat myself VS is an okay player who has yet to do enough to hold down a a first team start. If he was "superb" he would start Every week and have a host of suitors.
    You have to see past the hyperbole and take it with a pinch of salt.What they mean is they hope Slivka can become the player they describe. The opinion that matters is Lennon's. He hasn't made VS a regular and that says a lot. Really hope he does find some consistency and establish himself, there is a place for him, but so far his Hibs career report says must do better.

I’m baffled at you being baffled.

If the penny is still to drop with some of us then surely we must be waiting on it dropping for Neil Lennon as well seen as Slivka has spent more time on the bench than in the team?

He settled and did well after the first 15-20 minutes yesterday. He needs to kick on now. He clearly has a bit quality but he has miles to go before he can be considered a ‘superb’ Hibs player.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’m baffled at you being baffled.

If the penny is still to drop with some of us then surely we must be waiting on it dropping for Neil Lennon as well seen as Slivka has spent more time on the bench than in the team?

He settled and did well after the first 15-20 minutes yesterday. He needs to kick on now. He clearly has a bit quality but he has miles to go before he can be considered a ‘superb’ Hibs player.
    Agreed he's not superb but some fans need to stop expecting him to be the next SJM too...ever since we signed him he's been earmarked as McGinns replacement and it's not fair. He had a much better game than Mallan imo yesterday but I agree he does need to kick on from this and make that place in the team his own...think we all want him to do well as its clear there is a player in there...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Penny needs to drop with Silvka simple as or he won’t be at Easter Road.

He has had more than enough chances.

Every HIBS fan wants him to succeed only he can do it.

We we all know there is a great player in there somewhere

Juve do not sign mugs.

As stated previously will be interesting to see if Lenny starts him in a one off winner takes all League Cup QF against Aberdeen.

He is a tidy player who does the mechanics in midfield, he’s rarely going to score a raker, nor is he going to dribble past five and slot it in.

He will show, he will receive, he will pass and he will move. And show for the next pass.

He did all of this to great effect yesterday, and the team played much, much better as a result.

The middle 3 worked better in the second half yesterday than they have all season and that was as much due to Slivka as the other 2.

We have decent pace on both wings, a good threat from distance from Mallan and a good target man in Kamberi. During the second half especially I thought Slivka did a great job of retaining possession, switching play and continuing to probe for openings. Mallan did this effectively as well.

You can play well without scoring rakers or continually putting in bonecrunching tackles.

The whole team looked better yesterday.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I said at half time that I thought Slivka was playing well. There was a lot of movement from him across the midfield as he looked to make himself available for passes. In the second half, more players started doing what he had done in the first and more and more spaces started appearing for us to exploit.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    So what was the actual formation? Neil said that it was new and they were still adapting to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    So what was the actual formation? Neil said that it was new and they were still adapting to it.
    It looked like a straightforward 451 to me.

We struggled to get support to Kamberi first half, we did much better during the second.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    It was a derivation of 4-1-4-1... there was something different about the 4 supporting Kamberi that despite watching, I couldn’t quite nail down ..Milligan in the holding role ..

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    It was a derivation of 4-1-4-1... there was something different about the 4 supporting Kamberi that despite watching, I couldn’t quite nail down ..Milligan in the holding role ..

Probably the inverted xmas tree shape, Milligan at the base , Mallan and Slivka ahead, Horgan and Boyle slightly further up on either wing with Kamberi on his own. This shape is very adaptable and can go from 4-5-1/4-1-4-1/4-3-3 throughout the game, Liverpool, Man City play it with great effect.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Probably the inverted xmas tree shape, Milligan at the base , Mallan and Slivka ahead, Horgan and Boyle slightly further up on either wing with Kamberi on his own. This shape is very adaptable and can go from 4-5-1/4-1-4-1/4-3-3 throughout the game, Liverpool, Man City play it with great effect.
    Sounds a decent description

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Your description reminds me of Mike Basset England manager.

He is not good enough for Hibs in the SPFL. He may be a player better suited to a different league. I'm not saying he is a poor player, but beyond one strike at ibrox and a header v celtc I find it hard to think of any games where he made an impact. I do think Scottish football does not suit all players and for me Slivka is one of those who probably thrive in a slower more technical type of league.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    He is not good enough for Hibs in the SPFL. He may be a player better suited to a different league. I'm not saying he is a poor player, but beyond one strike at ibrox and a header v celtc I find it hard to think of any games where he made an impact. I do think Scottish football does not suit all players and for me Slivka is one of those who probably thrive in a slower more technical type of league.
    Sorry but that is nonsense .

We are a better side with him in at . If you watch him closely he is a step ahead of others at times

Left by mutual consent!
    The problem with Slivka is he does some really good things for 10-15min spells and then totally drops out of the game for long periods.

Yesterday he was excellent from 45mins to 60min mark then hardly got a touch.

At the minute I would say he is better than Hyndman so he will start in the current formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    He was more than good enough yesterday, no talk nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    The problem with Slivka is he does some really good things for 10-15min spells and then totally drops out of the game for long periods.

Yesterday he was excellent from 45mins to 60min mark then hardly got a touch.

At the minute I would say he is better than Hyndman so he will start in the current formation.
    He was good for the first half as well, he was good for 1 hour. He slowed down as Hibs did, probably related to fitness.

Slivka was brilliant yesterday. Always made himself available and didn't hide unlike Hyndman last week.

He still has alot to improve on but he's got bags of potential.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I really like Slivka but I've always thought he's never quite showed what he has to offer. Glad to see the consensus is he played well yesterday, hopefully the start of a run in the team and a run of form.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!

Bit harsh on him. He can do that stuff too but I feel he's shown his best skills when he's in and around opposition penalty areas.

Felt he had a cracking game yesterday. Was very important to how we played.

Your post is sound apart from your opening words (in bold)
    No need for this.