hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Boyle

The first touch and pass for the first goal on Saturday was sublime

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Scotland could really do worse than capping him.

The rate that he has improved since he joined is phenomenal.

Hes still a young guy too...with probably 10 years of football left in him.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mcleish needs to get his act together and get Boyle into a Scotland squad, yes there might be a few deemed ahead of him just now but he is what all teams need at international level and thats an impact player who gives you something different ..Boyle does that if the Aussie's think he is good enough why isnt he for our national team ? Are we a better than the Aussie's national team/squad ? Or does Boyle need to head through west ?'
    I get it and have said it myself Boyle needs to improve some parts of his game but he is young enough still to do that and I think would give the national squad a bit of additional attacking potency !!
    It’s not quite as simple as if he’s good enough for Australia then he’s good enough for Scotland. They might be a better side overall but we have much better wingers in quality and quantity.

As much as I love Boyle I don’t think you could pick him ahead of Forrest, Fraser, Phillips, Burke and maybe others that I’ve missed. Australia could pick him because their wingers are pish/non existent.

Boyle would need to consider that if he ever has a decision to make - he’s probably way more chance of a regular game for Australia than Scotland and if that’s what he wants then Australia is probably the team to commit to. If he’s happy with one or two caps for his home country then commit to Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    It’s not quite as simple as if he’s good enough for Australia then he’s good enough for Scotland. They might be a better side overall but we have much better wingers in quality and quantity.

As much as I love Boyle I don’t think you could pick him ahead of Forrest, Fraser, Phillips, Burke and maybe others that I’ve missed. Australia could pick him because their wingers are pish/non existent.

Boyle would need to consider that if he ever has a decision to make - he’s probably way more chance of a regular game for Australia than Scotland and if that’s what he wants then Australia is probably the team to commit to. If he’s happy with one or two caps for his home country then commit to Scotland.
    Are you on the wynd up?

In my opinion Boyle offers much more than the four you mention.

Forrest flatters to deceive. Phillips looks uninterested when he plays for Scotland. Fraser looks useful but similar player to Boyle imo. Burke is not as good as Boyle Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Are you on the wynd up?

Forrest flatters to deceive. Phillips looks uninterested when he plays for Scotland. Fraser looks useful but similar player to Boyle imo. Burke is not as good as Boyle Full stop.
    Agree with you about all but Fraser. He's been one of the best in the Prem so far this season - 3 goals already.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Are you on the wynd up?

No wind up. All about opinions but the level these guys have/do play at would suggest they’re all better than Boyle.

The one that’s not an opinion is Fraser, he’s streets ahead of Boyle and if your opinion differs from that then you’re wrong he’s scored about one in five in three seasons in the EPL and already has 4 in 7 this season. Boyle is nowhere near his level.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    No wind up. All about opinions but the level these guys have/do play at would suggest they’re all better than Boyle.

The one that’s not an opinion is Fraser, he’s streets ahead of Boyle and if your opinion differs from that then you’re wrong he’s scored about one in five in three seasons in the EPL and already has 4 in 7 this season. Boyle is nowhere near his level.
    Aye but has Fraser ever scored against Dundee? 😂

I’ll concede Fraser if you concede the other 3, deal?

@hibs.net private member
    Aye but has Fraser ever scored against Dundee?

I’ll concede Fraser if you concede the other 3, deal?
    I really enjoy watching Boyle..and he is developing into a player who may well attract some decent interest from championship clubs down south..but he isn’t at the level of most of those you compare him with..

Forrest was Celtic’s POY last year wasn’t he? Capped many times for Scotland and played and scored in champions league games . Boyle wouldn’t get a game for Celtic just now...

I’ve not really watched much of Phillips, but he has played a number of years in the top league in England..I can’t really see Boyle ever doing that tbh.

Burke looks stronger and more athletic than Boyle..yet Boyle has a dynamic nature about him that is different . Quite hard to compare the two tbh

Fraser is at a complete different performance level at this time ..

I feel your views are perhaps a bit Hibs tinted (nothing wrong with that!) he is indeed a joy to watch and what a difference since he first joined ..real credit to him and the coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    Having watched the highlights a couple of times,I genuinely thought, after he scored, that he was going to give a girfuy gesture, I was sat there thinking don't do it Martin don't do it.
    I of course could be completely wrong and he was just being casual but he didn't celebrate like he normally does.
    It must be difficult for players nowadays with social media and increased scrutiny because there's no way of avoiding it.
    He said his subdued celebration was because his foot was sore, that's why he got subbed.

I love Boyle. And I would love to see him play for Scotland. But if I had to call people up in his position then theres a few ahead of him sadly. He should choose Australia. He’ll get far more out of it than waiting for Scotland.

Also yes, Scotland are better than Australia. Making it to a World Cup doesn’t make you a great team. Especially considering who they play in qualifiers.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    i think we would be daft not to play him in a friendly, not sure why he is compared to philips, every time philips plays for scotland he is played up front, burke is not a winger either so no point in comparing him either, fraser and forrest play in similar positions, fraser is a better player yes but it would be daft to suggest he is miles behind forrest, we need a decent squad of players going forward as a national team, if forrest or fraser are injured who is there to come in as a winger?