hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Lennons Hibs are different.

We have been very unfortunate with injuries already this season, Daz has missed a lot, Kamberi too, now McLaren, With Hanlon missing a game and SDG missing a couple its been difficult for the manager to get a settled side, but we are sitting 2nd.

I dont expect us to finish 2nd this season, i'd take 4th again now if i was given it, because i said it pre season, we need to be in Europe more often to progress. The income from Europe and increased crowds will give us the money to keep improving the squad.

So basically, good result Hibs, we can forget about the Livi one and treat it as our Hamilton Blip hopefully, and concentrate on our next game on Tuesday.

Win that and we are back at Hampden, we have a different look to the team now, but these are still the good times, its up to Lenny and his team to make this continue, Lenny has never let us down so far, i have every confidence he will carry it on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have been very unfortunate with injuries already this season, Daz has missed a lot, Kamberi too, now McLaren, With Hanlon missing a game and SDG missing a couple its been difficult for the manager to get a settled side, but we are sitting 2nd.

I dont expect us to finish 2nd this season, i'd take 4th again now if i was given it, because i said it pre season, we need to be in Europe more often to progress. The income from Europe and increased crowds will give us the money to keep improving the squad.

So basically, good result Hibs, we can forget about the Livi one and treat it as our Hamilton Blip hopefully, and concentrate on our next game on Tuesday.

Win that and we are back at Hampden, we have a different look to the team now, but these are still the good times, its up to Lenny and his team to make this continue, Lenny has never let us down so far, i have every confidence he will carry it on.

I'm loving your new found positivity, BH.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

It's not new found, i always enjoy a Hibs team who punch their weight. I dont enjoy a Hibs team that are pish, and have someone at the helm bringing in sheite players creating sheite teams.

Give me a Hibs team that will be fighting for a European place every season and i'm more than happy.

@hibs.net private member

Spot on

One Neil Lennon, there's only one Neil Lennon!

NLGAWA

Left by mutual consent!
    Love Lenny

Now roll on Tuesday

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

I always thought Invasion of the Bodysnatchers was a great film.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I’m a big fan of Lenny but does this need another thread?

He’s a good manager, I hope he stays for a long while yet, but the hero worship is easy when we win.

Just hope the support keeps the faith if we have a tricky spell.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    We have so much quality in the squad, thanks to our quality manager. If we can get a settled line up with Kamberi and Maclaren both up top at some point, it would be great to see what we can do.

Flo is so important for us. No coincidence that his return has seen two wins.

It's not new found, i always enjoy a Hibs team who punch their weight. I dont enjoy a Hibs team that are pish, and have someone at the helm bringing in sheite players creating sheite teams.

Give me a Hibs team that will be fighting for a European place every season and i'm more than happy.

It was meant to be a compliment, and I agreed with every word in your OP

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I always thought Invasion of the Bodysnatchers was a great film.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

He’s a good manager, I hope he stays for a long while yet, but the hero worship is easy when we win.

Boooooooo

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

I think it does.

He’s the best manager we’ve had in my lifetime so there’s no harm appreciating him while he’s here.

Going into a game away from home against a team with no wins in 5 and a team needing, and due a win, is exactly the sort of game we normally drop points in. As Blackpool says though, this Hibs team is a different beast to the other hibs teams I’ve known.

Left by mutual consent!

Great.

Lets crack on with the 50 Hearts threads and 1,000 posts a day on SJM

Think the thread is well deserved, he gets stick after poor results so deserves plaudits when things go well. He's had to adjust the system and style of play due to summer departures and injuries this season. Not sure how long we will have him for so more than happy to see fans on side.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Lennon is a team builder.

I think we’ll learn how Good a team builder he is once he’s gone.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

I think we know that now?

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar

Depends how we replace him.

@hibs.net private member

I couldn't agree more, just imagine loosing McGinn, McGeough and Allan under some of our previous managers, we are very fortunate to have a winner at the helm long may it continue

Much better shape about the whole team today..Milligan for me is gonna be a massively important player this season..looks the missing link we've been crying out for

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I am 54 and being following the Hibees since early 70s. I have more confindence in Lennon than any other manager I can remember. Sure I will get dogs for that but it’s how I feel right now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    I am 54 and being following the Hibees since early 70s. I have more confindence in Lennon than any other manager I can remember. Sure I will get dogs for that but it’s how I feel right now.
    Can't disagree with that actually...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too..and I’m older😎.NL and GP are looking long term and are working steadily as best they can with the available resources and a supportive Board towards building a serious challenging team for our league.With the Scottish Cup feel good factor and good gates it’s a positive opportunity for them to really achieve something with our Club .People sense this.....

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    For a team desperate for another striker and light upfront, we've currently scored the most goals in the league with 12.

Even the champions elect, or have they won it already, have only scored 11.

Sevco will probably overtake us tomorrow but Celtc, unusually, are struggling to score, with only 5 to date.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 22-09-2018 at 08:44 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Best Hibs manager in my lifetime

It was meant to be a compliment, and I agreed with every word in your OP

I knew that, i just get a bit fed up at that when we are having good times like we are currently having, some folk seem to still be unhappy, yet when we were pish they would roll out excuse after excuse.

We need to enjoy these times, as they dont come around that often, and under Lennon it does look like there will be more.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I think the same way. Knew we'd got a winner as soon as we appointed him.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I totally agree.

Funnily enough I wasn't exactly blown away when we appointed him. He had a lot to prove after easy success at Celtic and an impossible task at Bolton, but he won me over very early indeed.

I love listening to him talk about football, I love the way he can change games with tactical switches and substitutions. I love the high tempo attacking football we play, I love the way we're never beaten until the final whistle blows and I love the way he winds people up just by being who he is.

He's the best Hibs manager in my lifetime.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    (I posted this on the Martin Boyle thread, but it's equally pertinent here)

There's something that Boyle has mentioned in a few interviews (as did Agyepong yesterday and Barker last season). Lennon tells them to take players on and to "risk" things, but telling them that it doesn't matter if it doesn't work as it might work the next time, and if that doesn't work either then it'll work the time after that...

Guys like that need that sort of attitude and encouragement from their manager and there's no doubt, in my mind, that this is reflected by the persistence shown by the team even when we're behind toward the end of the game.

You're far more likely to lose confidence if the manager screams at you every time something doesn't come off.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    (I posted this on the Martin Boyle thread, but it's equally pertinent here)

There's something that Boyle has mentioned in a few interviews (as did Agyepong yesterday and Barker last season). Lennon tells them to take players on and to "risk" things, but telling them that it doesn't matter if it doesn't work as it might work the next time, and if that doesn't work either then it'll work the time after that...

Guys like that need that sort of attitude and encouragement from their manager and there's no doubt, in my mind, that this is reflected by the persistence shown by the team even when we're behind toward the end of the game.

You're far more likely to lose confidence if the manager screams at you every time something doesn't come off.
    Exactly right.

The same applies to the fans. If they scream abuse everytime a player fails to beat his man, they'll eventually Lise confidence and stop trying.

But they pays their money ...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!