hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex hi-bee

First Team Regular

Ex hi-bee

Alex Harris signs for York City

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Started well in his career but it never really happened.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Oh my goodness.

They are absolutely mince!

I've tried watching them, but it's just horrible.

I guess I'll have to pop along for another look if Alex is playing, but I'll probably need a good drink first.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Never really recovered from his injury.

Best of luck to him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Yer 1902 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Best of luck to him.
    Butcher and Malpas rushed him back too soon and shot his confidence. If Stubbs or Lennon had followed Fenlon into the manager's chair we might have seen Harris fulfil his early promise.

Hope the move works out for him.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Yer 1902 View Post

Best of luck to him.
    He must be so relieved to get away from Falkirk...absolute basket case off a club, with fans to match!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    He must be so relieved to get away from Falkirk...absolute basket case off a club, with fans to match!!
    Falkirk would take 6 off York City
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

All the best, wee Boozy
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not too late for him to turn it around. Wish him well.

Nice place. Could be worse. Could be Grimsby.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Nice place. Could be worse. Could be Grimsby.
    Cleethorpes

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    There was a good player in there just didn’t work out. Wish him well

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    There was a good player in there just didn’t work out. Wish him well
    Wasn't a case of it not working out. His career was wrecked by a hammer thrower from Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Butcher and Malpas rushed him back too soon and shot his confidence. If Stubbs or Lennon had followed Fenlon into the manager's chair we might have seen Harris fulfil his early promise.

Hope the move works out for him.
    They outright bullied him. Picked on a young laddie, who was nowhere near full fitness and short on confidence.

Disgraceful.

He seemed to do very well at Falkirk despite some poor results for the team until Hartley took over and like many new managers decided to change squad for the sake of change . I wonder if he regrets not waiting a few weeks more before terminating his contract since Hartley`s successor might have given him a chance . Hope he makes an impression at York and moves on to better things since he certainly has talent to play at a much higher level .

First Team Breakthrough
    The Harris was great before his injury , really is one of the biggest myths . He shown promise in about his first half dozen games , then he regressed very quickly into a very average player . He has been at a few clubs , with a few different coaches and nobody has appeared to improve him. I wish him luck, his goal at Hampden , which I think started our come back against Falkirk , was top drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post
    The Harris was great before his injury , really is one of the biggest myths . He shown promise in about his first half dozen games , then he regressed very quickly into a very average player . He has been at a few clubs , with a few different coaches and nobody has appeared to improve him. I wish him luck, his goal at Hampden , which I think started our come back against Falkirk , was top drawer.
    Before his injury he was outstanding for us eg in abandoned game at Killie , at QOS his statistics for goals and assists were better than our midfielders in the same league , Lennon gave him a chance and he did reasonably well , at Falkirk he did very well till Hartley took over and decided to sign a completely new squad so don`t think " myth" is appropriate word .

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Before his injury he was outstanding for us eg in abandoned game at Killie , at QOS his statistics for goals and assists were better than our midfielders in the same league , Lennon gave him a chance and he did reasonably well , at Falkirk he did very well till Hartley took over and decided to sign a completely new squad so don`t think " myth" is appropriate word .

I’m sure we got Martin Boyle from Dundee in exchange for Harris which has proven to be a steal!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    We have different opinions and memories. I remember watching him , and games just bypassing him , he never set the heather on fire at QOTS , Dundee , or Falkirk . He now plays for York city . He only got injured , he didn't lose a leg .

Left by mutual consent!
    I really hope he can recover 'it' - one of the most exciting youngsers I'd seen in years until Butcher butchered him !!

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I’m sure we got Martin Boyle from Dundee in exchange for Harris which has proven to be a steal!
    I thought it was a loan swap. Harris returned to Easter Road before going out on loan to Queen of the South and transferring to Falkirk. Boyle stayed.

Coaching Staff
    We have different opinions and memories. I remember watching him , and games just bypassing him , he never set the heather on fire at QOTS , Dundee , or Falkirk . He now plays for York city . He only got injured , he didn't lose a leg .
    Cruel, but I have to say fair.

Other players have overcome injury and went on to better things.

Sadly, Alex’s career appears, like many others to be going one way.

Football can be a tough, unrelenting business, but I wish him well and hope he makes me eat my words.

I don't buy for a second it was Malpas, Butcher or some hammer thrower from Motherwell that is responsible for his career. You've either got or you don't, and I don't think he has what it takes. Look at Cummings. Overcame a worse injury and missed the penalty against Hamilton that sent us down. Say what you want about Jase, but the lads got it and has all the self belief in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    I don't buy for a second it was Malpas, Butcher or some hammer thrower from Motherwell that is responsible for his career. You've either got or you don't, and I don't think he has what it takes. Look at Cummings. Overcame a worse injury and missed the penalty against Hamilton that sent us down. Say what you want about Jase, but the lads got it and has all the self belief in the world.
    Self belief. That's the difference.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    In fairness to Harris. Did he not go through a very rough spell - bad injury and did he not lose a relative around same time? Comparing him to Cummings is pointless. Harris went to Edinburgh Academy or something didn't he? Cummings would probably struggle to spell that. That's not meant as an insult on Cummings, it's meant to show that their upbringing is totally different. Cummings career isn't exactly going from strength to strength so the comparison is not great either. If Cummings doesn't clean up his act a bit, he'll be destined to drop down the ladder as well. Hope they both do well. I have greater hope for Harris as I feel he got a very rough time at Hibs - comes back from a lengthy spell injured, playing in a garbage team for a while and every time he doesn't take his man on he gets booed/collective sighs.

Was it not a tackle from a St Mirren thug that injured him badly?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Was it not a tackle from a St Mirren thug that injured him badly?
    Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    One of our own.

Hibs supporter and great great nephew of HIBS legend Jimmy Dunn.

All the best for the future Alex.

Many thanks for your contribution at our great club especially that wonderful strike in the Scottish Cup Semi Final versus Falkirk that inspired an unlikely comeback

Disagree completely and think we've had this before.

https://youtu.be/GoPds4gItpU

Sure it was a small sample size but within it he quickly became our main man for building attacks. Everything went through him at which at such a young age was ridiculous. This was under Fenlon and then Butcher did the same with Stanton.

Butcher then brought Harris back too soon and he was never the same. He probably beat more men for Hibs in his 13 games at the end of the 12/13 season than he did in his 50 odd other appearances for Hibs. He simply wasn't the same player.

That may be down to the injury sustained on the Motherwell game (first league match of 13/14), his own self confidence or his subsequent managers but when he broke into the team in Feb/March to the end of the 12/13 season he was brilliant and our best youth prospect since Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    In fairness to Harris. Did he not go through a very rough spell - bad injury and did he not lose a relative around same time? Comparing him to Cummings is pointless. Harris went to Edinburgh Academy or something didn't he? Cummings would probably struggle to spell that. That's not meant as an insult on Cummings, it's meant to show that their upbringing is totally different. Cummings career isn't exactly going from strength to strength so the comparison is not great either. If Cummings doesn't clean up his act a bit, he'll be destined to drop down the ladder as well. Hope they both do well. I have greater hope for Harris as I feel he got a very rough time at Hibs - comes back from a lengthy spell injured, playing in a garbage team for a while and every time he doesn't take his man on he gets booed/collective sighs.
    Well, if he went to EA he'll have a few connections not to mention A levels, Highers etc so I don't feel too sorry for him. Hopefully, he can resume some sort of career path once he's done with getting booted about in the National League North.