hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyle

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying to work out how Boyle isn't good enough for Scotland who haven't qualified for a major since 1998 but he is good enough for an Australian team who just competed in one. Is that a bit like the MLS is s**** and every top club in Scotland would win the MLS at a canter sort of thing?
    Come on, I think even Scotland would get through Australia’s qualifiers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Which wingers have Scotland had that had a better "end product"?

It's not just about crosses and shots, particularly at international level. It's about territory, outballs to take pressure of the defence and or put the team on the offence.

I know he's not world class, but have we got so many better in that position that we can write Boyler off?

Edit: Reading the post above, I agree he's up against stiff opposition.
    There are several above Boyler in the queue as posted above...we need to take the green tinted specs off...I love the guy for hibs but he's not Scotland level at the moment sorry. If he can get capped for Oz good luck to him and he should go for it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Considering Australia have been at four consecutive World Cups they must rate Boyle pretty highly and you could argue it's a bigger deal than getting a Scotland call-up.

Pleased for Boyle. He's been an outstanding signing bearing in mind his career looked to be going nowhere in particular when Stubbs brought him in.
    I'm sure you would anyway

I hope Boyle keeps improving at us, but if he was s Hearts player we would be laughing at them for suggesting he's international standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I think we really need to take off the green tinted glasses. Boyle is good for hibs but there are other Scottish wingers that are far superior to Boyle. Now I rate Boyle highly but you’re not sitting there and telling me he’s better than Ryan Fraser, Oli Burke, Matt Phillips or James Forrest. They are all better wingers than Boyle. Now again I love Boyle for hibs but he is not better than them so he’d be at least 5 choice right winger.
    Football is a game of opinions. And mine is that I would rather have Martin Boyle in my team than all four of those you mention.

Phillips is awful.
    Burke has potential but is way too raw & erratic
    Forrest flatters to deceive (one OF goal in all his career, very few for Scotland)
    Ryan Fraser is a decent all-rounder but lacks the pace & penetration of Boyle.

Just how I see it.

I cannot think of a player who has improved so much in such a short space of time as I've seen with Martin Boyle.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I must admit I have been impressed with Ryan Fraser for Bournemouth this season his energy and style of play reminds me of SJM so far he has scored 5 goals from midfield in the EPL so his penetration is not bad. Martin Boyle I can remember more misses than goals I think he has scored one?😁

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Football is a game of opinions. And mine is that I would rather have Martin Boyle in my team than all four of those you mention.

Phillips is awful.
    Forrest flatters to deceive (one OF goal in all his career, very few for Scotland)

Just how I see it.

I cannot think of a player who has improved so much in such a short space of time as I've seen with Martin Boyle.
    You sure you thinking about the same Ryan Fraser, the Scottish International who plays for Bournemouth? Pace and penetration is exactly what he has, 3 goals in 5 games so far in the PL from the left wing. Watched him against Leicester and was pretty close to unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    You sure you thinking about the same Ryan Fraser, the Scottish International who plays for Bournemouth? Pace and penetration is exactly what he has, 3 goals in 5 games so far in the PL from the left wing. Watched him against Leicester and was pretty close to unplayable.
    100% Agree this guy has been outstanding has pace to burn as well. 😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

whilst I agree, he started like this last season as well and barely contributed for the remainder of the year.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Is he fit for tomorrow?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Boyle will be Australia’s gain and Scotland’s loss.

Unfortunately, these words were not uttered when I emigrated...☹️

Prove them wrong champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Boyle will be Australia’s gain and Scotland’s loss.

Unfortunately, these words were not uttered when I emigrated...☹️

We miss you Fred

Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 22-09-2018 at 08:39 AM.

If MB had the end product I don't think we would have him .McLeish should bring b international's back

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    If MB had the end product I don't think we would have him .McLeish should bring b international's back
    Why not?

I think he has potential to get a big move

Lennon has said that Scotland enquired about taking Boyle to South America for the summer friendlies, but he was injured so couldn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

Phillips is awful.

Just how I see it.

Phillips has played consistently week in week out in the EPL until this season as WBA have been relegated.
    Forrest consistently plays in the UCL for Celtic and was being talked about for player of the year last season.
    Ryan Fraser is a key player for an established EPL side.

Don't get me wrong I like Boyle but to say hes ahead of the guys mentioned is a bit biased. Boyle is constantly improving but i dont think hes EPL or UCL level.

I've not seen enough of Burke to make comment on him.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar

Agreed. His acceleration for his 2nd was awesome /terrifying,
    Kicking it in Wellington .