Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Nelom replace Lewy in the team?

Will Nelom be a replacement for Stevenson? 🤔
    Should Efe be dropped? 💣😱
    Killie Review 👍
    Dundee Preview🏟
    Listener questions 🎧

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811?mt=2

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/4CvD8ZOcc1KWHGKxD4cuYR?si=VDCwZSZTTNiFn05pSPnr6w

Direct Download - http://traffic.libsyn.com/hibstalk/Nelom.mp3

HibsTalk.com - http://hibstalk.com/43-nelom-to-replace-stevenson-in-team

Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=56320944&refid=asaI

Podbean - http://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-myr7a-4a63aa6

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Always a good listen, as is the one Hibs the Hibs TV guys do every week - part of my weekly essential listening.
    Can’t see Nelom taking Stevenson’s place right away, but if he was to impress when given his opportunity then every chance he will. Be interesting to hear the views on the podcast.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    If he can Attack and defend better . Yes 🇳🇬
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

If he ends up replacing Lewis we’ve got ourselves a heck of a player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he ends up replacing Lewis we’ve got ourselves a heck of a player.
    If he does, he might have to be the first player I've booed...for being better than someone .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

several years back, I wanted wee Lewis to move on, as he was not what I thought he would be. I am so glad he is still here, and to my eternal shame I admit I was wrong.No player seems to go for so long without being dropped, or at least injured but the wee man keeps on going and 9 out of 10 he keeps performing, to at least a really decent level. a few years back, he was played all over in midfield and different positions back but he is good when he is in his normal position. First time I saw him he was a laddie, playing for Mowbray's pre-season team against Cork . he would have been 17 then I think. cant see him beeing nudged out, just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    several years back, I wanted wee Lewis to move on, as he was not what I thought he would be. I am so glad he is still here, and to my eternal shame I admit I was wrong.No player seems to go for so long without being dropped, or at least injured but the wee man keeps on going and 9 out of 10 he keeps performing, to at least a really decent level. a few years back, he was played all over in midfield and different positions back but he is good when he is in his normal position. First time I saw him he was a laddie, playing for Mowbray's pre-season team against Cork . he would have been 17 then I think. cant see him beeing nudged out, just yet.
    Ditto.
    I also thought the same about Lewis Stevenson, but he has won me over Big time with his solid, effective and consistent performances.
    If the new guy ousts him from his regular berth then we will indeed have some player on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Can anyone conjure up a list of the left backs we have recruited since 2007 and how successful they were at replacing Lewis Stevenson?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Can anyone conjure up a list of the left backs we have recruited since 2007 and how successful they were at replacing Lewis Stevenson?
    Zarabi, Kujabi....Callum Booth, Eckersley....Paul Hanlon played there initially.

Might have been another Stubbs signing, can't remember.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Zarabi, Kujabi....Callum Booth, Eckersley....Paul Hanlon played there initially.

Rherras

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd have replaced him years ago, in my opinion he needed replaced then. He's been very very good over the last couple of seasons, but is not getting any younger.

He is a fit lad, and never seems to miss a match through injury, but this season he's not quite up to the standard he's set over the last few seasons.

Maybe its because he does not have the cover he had before, or he's getting a little slower or he's maybe not fit or carrying an injury, i don't know?

If the new guy is better, he will replace him, if he's as good then it will give him the pressure he perhaps needs to push him on again.

We've needed another player for that position for a very long time, competition is a good thing for the team.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Rherras

Lennon signing but that's who I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

McGivern

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    McGivern
    That imposter should never be mentioned again !

#Cowardly ******* 🤬

I feel better now that I've got that off ma chest.😉

If Nelom replaces Lewis then he's doing something right. Lewis has made the position his own and deservingly so. Can't fault him. If he's better than Lewis I'll be happy. All about what's best for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    If Nelom replaces Lewis then he's doing something right. Lewis has made the position his own and deservingly so. Can't fault him. If he's better than Lewis I'll be happy. All about what's best for Hibs.
    Exactly, would love to have another 10 that are all better than what we have 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    McGivern
    Surprised there's not a swear filter on that post!!

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Lewis is always available, always gives his best and is always a 6 or a 7 out of 10 imo. Very rarely any less or more. A Morden day Mr Dependable.

Competition is a good thing. Might spur Lewis on a bit more but it also allows Lennon to rotate or change things if the new guy offers something different if necessary and gives Lewis a break if required.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Lewis will be 31 in three and a half months so his time at this level is coming to an end.

I really don't want to see him playing for another team, particularly if they're our direct opponents, but equally, I don't want to see him starting to lose his attributes and end up getting grief from the stands.

I'd be surprised if Hibs are bringing in Nelom for any other reason than to step up when the time comes, despite the negative and pessimistic posts on the other thread.

I doubt he'll be offered a long term deal at this stage, but a year with an optional extension might be the way to go. I've no idea if that's even possible, but we'll find out soon enough.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 20-09-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Lewis will be 31 in three and a half weeks so his time at this level is coming to an end.

I really don't want to see him playing for another team, particularly if they're our direct opponents, but equally, I don't want to see him starting to lose his attributes and end up getting grief from the stands.

I'd be surprised if Hibs are bringing in Nelom for any other reason than to step up when the time comes, despite the negative and pessimistic posts on the other thread.

I doubt he'll be offered a long term deal at this stage, but a year with an optional extension might be the way to go. I've no idea if that's even possible, but we'll find out soon enough.
    his birthdays in January and he's in good shape , probably 1 of the fittest in the squad . He's got a bit to go yet

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    his birthdays in January and he's in good shape , probably 1 of the fittest in the squad . He's got a bit to go yet
    I meant to write "months". Now edited.

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    That imposter should never be mentioned again !

#Cowardly ******* 🤬

I feel better now that I've got that off ma chest.😉
    Scary to think we were all desperate to get him on a permanent deal from Man City after his loan

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Scary to think we were all desperate to get him on a permanent deal from Man City after his loan
    Not really, he played rather well whilst on loan. He was mince under Butcher, but given his age and experience he probably can be excused for that when you consider how poorly that team performed.

As for Nelom, he’ll be a welcome addition to the squad and will hopefully be good enough to offer some competition for our legendary left back’s place in the side.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Lewis will be 31 in three and a half months so his time at this level is coming to an end.

If he's kept himself in good shape, which he has, there's no reason why his time at this level should be coming to an end at 31. Look at James Milner for Liverpool for example, 32 and one of the first names on the team sheet for an energetic Liverpool team.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    If he's kept himself in good shape, which he has, there's no reason why his time at this level should be coming to an end at 31. Look at James Milner for Liverpool for example, 32 and one of the first names on the team sheet for an energetic Liverpool team.
    I'm not suggesting he won't play past 31, but fit or not, he'll slow down soon enough. When that happens, he's all but finished.

Succession planning is important and bringing someone in at this stage is the right thing to do.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Sentiment is for fans.

Neil Lennon will pick who he feels is the best option for each position even if that means dropping a fan favourite.

Managers who rely on sentiment in their decision making ultimately fail at some point.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    Well said. Milners fitness levels are frightening! Keeps himself in great shape.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    I'm not suggesting he won't play past 31, but fit or not, he'll slow down soon enough. When that happens, he's all but finished.

Succession planning is important and bringing someone in at this stage is the right thing to do.
    Yeah, you're right. I initially read your post as a bit harsher than I think it is, thought you were already imagining him in a retirement home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Sentiment is for fans.

Neil Lennon will pick who he feels is the best option for each position even if that means dropping a fan favourite.

Managers who rely on sentiment in their decision making ultimately fail at some point.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Maybe Lennon thinks that position is a weakness we have? Seems to me that a player of this pedigree will be on pretty high wages, thus not here to sit on the bench.