hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: German Football

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was at Holywell v Denbigh on Friday in Welsh division one (as you do) and of the crowd of 205, 6 of them were a group of East German blokes so maybe it’s not too foreign a concept to them!
    Germans are really into Ground Hopping.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Germans are really into Ground Hopping.

I can vouge for this, a German guy i know has now been to 67 countries around the world to watch football.

He was most recently in Dominica, Antigua & Cape Verde. Mental really i have been to 7 different countries myself

Freiburg is a great place to go watch German football. Can totally recommend.

Was at the Liverpool v Burnley game last week where the atmosphere was I believe better than normal considering the large Scandinavian and other plastic fans in attendance I witnessed.
    Just returned from a weekend in Berlin (both birthday gifts by the way hence not with my beloved Hibs). Apart from Liverpool and maybe Celtic and the odd Hibs night they can't come close to what I experienced at Hertha Berlin v Dortmund. Amazing fans throughout the game atmosphere nothing I have ever seen, fair priced beer all be it its weakened for conflict ties and cheap rail. Chap I met on the train said if you think the passion is great at HB the smaller FC Union is mental 22k stadium 18+standing.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Went to see St Pauli a couple of years ago. Was brilliant. As others have said, great atmosphere outside the ground. Folk with stalls set up selling bottles of beer for €1, good food options, guys bringing you beer to your seat during the game, great atmosphere and even though St Pauli lost 0-4, literally nobody left the game early and there was singing right up to the final whistle. Good atmosphere in the local bars after the game as well.

Union rule ok

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

German fitba rocks. I would say to everyone get a fix. Grest experiences had.
    Including Rot Weiss Essen

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Was at the Liverpool v Burnley game last week where the atmosphere was I believe better than normal considering the large Scandinavian and other plastic fans in attendance I witnessed.
    Just returned from a weekend in Berlin (both birthday gifts by the way hence not with my beloved Hibs). Apart from Liverpool and maybe Celtic and the odd Hibs night they can't come close to what I experienced at Hertha Berlin v Dortmund. Amazing fans throughout the game atmosphere nothing I have ever seen, fair priced beer all be it its weakened for conflict ties and cheap rail. Chap I met on the train said if you think the passion is great at HB the smaller FC Union is mental 22k stadium 18+standing.
    I was at this game as well, atmosphere was terrific, game had everything, goals sending off’s. contentious decisions.
    Couldn’t believe the amount of Dortmund fans throughout most of the home areas and no trouble, even after Dortmund scored an injury time winner, wouldn’t happen here!

Union in promotion play off place just now. Few of us going to game weekend of 13/14 April

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I went to a fortuna Düsseldorf game at the end of last month and It was absolutely superb.

€13 a match ticket, free transport to the stadium, beer available at the stadium and on match day it was like the whole city came to a stand still to support the side.

Other good thing about going there is if their game got moved for tv or anything there’s about another 4 or 5 teams in the area you could get to.

I’m desperate to get back there, whole matchday experience is a different world to what we get here although I realise the size of the country and the TV deal they have contributed towards that.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOsCheerios View Post
    I was at a Union Berlin game last Friday and wrote a wee bit about it here if you fancy a read.

https://thefootballblether.com/2018/...-second-class/

20,000-ish in attendance on a Friday night created an amazing atmosphere. The standard was also very good for second tier.

Has anyone else been to many German matches and do you think there are things Scottish football can learn from our German friends?

Yes, they arrive a lot earlier at games, no hanging about in the pub until 10 minutes before kick-off.

Promising Youngster birdspotter's Avatar
    I was recently at the Hertha v Bayern Munich cup game in February. Brilliant atmosphere in the 74K crowd, with Bayern edging it 3-2 AET.
    The stadium was something else, but the infrastructure too is well set up. My girlfriend and I caught the train in the Alexander Platz area of the city, with the train ending it's journey at a railway set up for the stadium. The train was free if you have a match ticket. From the station a 2-300m walk, some Bratburgers and then into the ground.
    We were at the edge of the main Bayern support, but it was really mixed in our part, perhaps 60/40 in Bayern's favour.No trouble at all even when the goals went in, which was great.
    I got a ticket easily from Hertha Berlin official website, which was print at home. The only thing being as it was such a huge game all the cheap tickets were sold by the time they became available to the general public, so they cost me 40euro each.
    I recently got offered to go to a stag in Berlin with the lads taking in a Hertha game, but sadly due to holidays I can't make it. Gutted, but I do now have the bug for more games in Germany asap
    Last edited by birdspotter; 21-03-2019 at 08:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Just a point about ticket prices at German Games...

The way the pricing works over there, as in many countries, is that there's a vast range of prices according to whether you're standing or seated, or your location in the Stadium. The standing prices are low because the clubs basically subsidize those to encourage a good atmosphere.

As an Example; While there are tickets available for €15 Euros at the Allianz Arena (limited standing areas behind the goals), 80% of the capacity is seating and priced as follows:

Behind the goals, Upper Tier: €35 (you need binoculars from up there just to see the pitch)
    Behind the goals, Middle Tier: €45
    Alongside the pitch, Lower and Middle plus part of Upper Tier: €70
    Alongside the pitch, Most of Upper Tier: €60

My point is that we could have limited cheap standing places at ER, as long as the rest of the Fans accept that they would basically be subsidising those cheaper tickets.

----------------------

By the way, I love going to German football, and would like the experience here to be much more like it is there. I'm in no way intending to contradict anybody regarding the prices, as the cheapest prices really are as cheap as people have said. It's just that I thought it important to point out that the prices people mention are just that, the cheapest prices.
    Been to Hamburg & Dusseldorf & only paid 25 euros to have a seat behind the goals

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Been to Hamburg & Dusseldorf & only paid 25 euros to have a seat behind the goals
    25€ for a seat in the family section? Did you get your face painted?
    Last edited by SChibs; 21-03-2019 at 09:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    25€ for a seat in the family section? Did you get your fave painted?

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    €72 each for our tickets in Berlin last weekend, lower tier just in front of the goal line

was at a Hamburg game last season. me and my mate were catching up with friends already there as we stayed in a pub to watch Hibs beat Celtic. we turned up 10 mins late, got in and eventually coaght up with mates. we had to go almost round the whole concourse, to get behind the goals where the main group were. Hamburg got beat with Freiburg, and we were happy with that because we had to endure abuse all the way round as we had Hibs tops on! met a young Frieburg fan on the train back to our end of Hamburg, which was good. St Pauli area pub we got into, welcomed us and we had been in their boozer a couple of times. Crazy city though.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Why can’t scottish football be like this?

People will point to the recent fan trouble as one reason, but on the other hand scottish football fans have been treated with contempt for decades.

Authorities need to clamp down on troublemakers but not tar everyone with the same brush.

Treat people with respect and they tend to be better behaved.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    was at a Hamburg game last season. me and my mate were catching up with friends already there as we stayed in a pub to watch Hibs beat Celtic. we turned up 10 mins late, got in and eventually coaght up with mates. we had to go almost round the whole concourse, to get behind the goals where the main group were. Hamburg got beat with Freiburg, and we were happy with that because we had to endure abuse all the way round as we had Hibs tops on! met a young Frieburg fan on the train back to our end of Hamburg, which was good. St Pauli area pub we got into, welcomed us and we had been in their boozer a couple of times. Crazy city though.
    What is the point in wearing your Hibs top at a German match?

Ended up paying £50 each for tickets to see Dortmund v Stuttgart and it's worth every penny even though we paid way over face value. It's a whole celebratory day out, pre match food and drinks, beer and smoking in the stadiums - I was abused in a friendly sort of way for vaping "your not even a smoker, try real cigarettes". Friendly people and amazing atmosphere. Can we learn anything, of course we can. Will the people who run our game take their heads out of the sand - nah.

Duesseldorf is my favourite German Stadium.

I have a soft spot for Fortuna, as they were a big club in Europe when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Duesseldorf is my favourite German Stadium.

I have a soft spot for Fortuna, as they were a big club in Europe when I was a kid.
    My team, lived there in the 90s. Going to Bielefeld in a couple of weeks so will see what's on when I'm there. Spoiled for choice in that area.

the point was that the boozer we went into, to watch the Hibs game v Celtic was adorned with Celtic flags etc. get my point? we were on holiday too. ever went abroad to Spain, and wore your colours ?

oops, forgot to ask . do you ever nip down to the gorgie shops for a half loaf, wearing anything Hibs related?

I dunno. My boy stots about Edinburgh in a Dortmund top with Sanchez on the back. Globalisation.

my youngest boy (41 yrs auld) has kept the Real Madrid strip I bought him in Spain when he was 12. Buteragueanio on the back number 9 . (excuse any spell mistake) . the Wolf/ the prowler/ or similar nick name?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    my youngest boy (41 yrs auld) has kept the Real Madrid strip I bought him in Spain when he was 12. Buteragueanio on the back number 9 . (excuse any spell mistake) . the Wolf/ the prowler/ or similar nick name?
    Emilio Butragueno was known as the vulture. I always felt with a name like that he should have starred in a spaghetti western.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I dunno. My boy stots about Edinburgh in a Dortmund top with Sanchez on the back. Globalisation.
    Does he rock up at ER with it on. I'm guessing he's a youngster. Not an adult going to a match that doesn't involve your team.
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I went to Hampden for UEFA cup final between Sevilla & Espanyol & was surrounded by weegies wearing Celtic & Rangers tops.

@hibs.net private member
    oops, forgot to ask . do you ever nip down to the gorgie shops for a half loaf, wearing anything Hibs related?
    Considering its the city my team plays in its possible but not since 1986 when Sir Albert was my hero. Never had much to boast about back then at Tynie High when we got pumped on a regular basis from that lot.

@hibs.net private member
    the point was that the boozer we went into, to watch the Hibs game v Celtic was adorned with Celtic flags etc. get my point? we were on holiday too. ever went abroad to Spain, and wore your colours ?
    Nope never took a Hibs top, towel or sweatbands on holiday.