hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only last week he was taking about about how some in the world of football had been different class with their well wishes and support during his health scare, shame he hasn’t taken any of it on board and considered conducting himself in a more dignified manner himself.
    Levein wouldn't know dignity if it smacked him square in the face.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    Urban Dictionary: Tolly

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tolly

by John Tolly November 06, 2006. 74 49. Get the mug ... Means faeces, jobby, poo,****,crap. ... I am going to do a tolly in your shoes if you dont shut up!
    "Hiya........,Doddie? Hiya pal. Naw, ah'm no gonnae be able tae play oan Setirday. Aye, the skitters - ah huvnae done a solid tolly fur shree days. Gie the boys mah best."

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    Urban Dictionary: Tolly

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tolly

by John Tolly November 06, 2006. 74 49. Get the mug ... Means faeces, jobby, poo,****,crap. ... I am going to do a tolly in your shoes if you dont shut up!
    On some old maps of Portobello, the beach is cried "Toley Beach".

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    On some old maps of Portobello, the beach is cried "Toley Beach".
    That was a common name for Porty in the days when the sewage treatment plant was less than perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    That was a common name for Porty in the days when the sewage treatment plant was less than perfect.
    Aye , they used to say that you didn’t swim at Porty, you just went through the motions.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    Aye , they used to say that you didn’t swim at Porty, you just went through the motions.

Like it

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    He has to be the most disliked individual in Scottish Football and that's some going. You'd think with all the people rising over it to wish him well after his short health scare he'd keep a low profile and show a bit of respect.
    Not by the media, they love him. Good copy.

Not sure why he's such a bitter individual. As you say, most in his position would just be very thankful for having his health back and reflective on their attitude toward others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

You can't beat a good Edinburgh toley.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    You can, it'd make a right mess though.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    You can, it'd make a right mess though.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    My Uncle's friend is one of the few football coaches in the world who has the highest football qualification in each of the FIFA confederations.

He's travelled the world....been to countless conventions....heard from all of top managers and players.

One year the SFA chose Craig Levein to speak and present a tactics masterclass. He said that Levein was the worst he's ever sat in front of.

Says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Levein wouldn't know dignity if it smacked him square in the face.
    Maybe that's what put him in hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's a guy who it's very difficult to warm to.
    I’m not even trying too!

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Maybe that's what put him in hospital?
    You've got things the wrong way round.

It was Graeme Hogg who had to go to hospital and it "nearly ruined his career". It was "quite confusing" for Hogg when he found that "no one has got his back" and his partner at centre half wasn't "giving him the support you need" but instead he "became an easy target" for that partner who would later claim "I'm not being disrespectful".
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

It was Graeme Hogg who had to go to hospital and it "nearly ruined his career". It was "quite confusing" for Hogg when he found that "no one has got his back" and his partner at centre half wasn't "giving him the support you need" but instead he "became an easy target" for that partner who would later claim "I'm not being disrespectful".

Would have been interesting to see the reaction if someone had said this to levein.

my guess is a tantrum, followed by a storming out, then a sternly worded statement from budge about people picking on her craigy

After all the respectful comments sent Levein's way over the last few weeks and then in his first game back to come out with the quote he did about Carson speaks volumes.

I'll just leave this with you. He is the least successful Manager in the top flight of Scottish football FACT.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Yes

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45587574

Living that the big prick is making a rod for his back

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45587574

Living that the big prick is making a rod for his back

'Craig Levein: Hearts' 'hunger' mirrors 1986 title-challenging team I played in'

I dunno, seems to me like he's calling them bottlers

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    'Craig Levein: Hearts' 'hunger' mirrors 1986 title-challenging team I played in'

I dunno, seems to me like he's calling them bottlers
    I seem to recall that it was Levein's hunger for out of date Scotch eggs that did for his chances of playing in the decider at Dens.

@hibs.net private member
    Ii was told last night that Levein’s statement is full of inaccuracies. No change there.

It turns out that Souttar only ever played once at right back for United. Since he has been at Tynie he has played there more often. The only reason he played in midfield was United had severe injury problems and had to use him as cover. Once again he has played more often “out of position” there for Hearts.

United feel that they rescued Levein from the scrap heap after his sacking by Leicester and helped him rebuild his career when he became Scotland manager. To help him in that job they even allowed their own manager to act as assistant.

While they did well out of Levein with both the first team, and more importantly the rebuilding of their youth structure, they feel let down.

I think it is Levein trying to make the Hearts academy look better while trying to unsettle parents and members of Dundee United’s current crop of youngsters.

Be interesting to see if SFA take any action.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Ii was told last night that Levein’s statement is full of inaccuracies. No change there.

It turns out that Souttar only ever played once at right back for United. Since he has been at Tynie he has played there more often. The only reason he played in midfield was United had severe injury problems and had to use him as cover. Once again he has played more often “out of position” there for Hearts.

United feel that they rescued Levein from the scrap heap after his sacking by Leicester and helped him rebuild his career when he became Scotland manager. To help him in that job they even allowed their own manager to act as assistant.

While they did well out of Levein with both the first team, and more importantly the rebuilding of their youth structure, they feel let down.

I think it is Levein trying to make the Hearts academy look better while trying to unsettle parents and members of Dundee United’s current crop of youngsters.

Bitter man, which you can understand when you appreciate that if it wasn't for all those other clubs and players he'd have won something.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

Don't knock all the statement, if he is trying to stop United getting young players from the Lothian it would mean we have a better chance of getting more youngsters too!

For years United have been creaming of the best youngsters in the East of Scotland and forcing them to live in and around Dundee.

They also signed them up for 5 year contracts, but that was put a stop to.

Anything that might help our drive for better younger players is OK with me!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Don't knock all the statement, if he is trying to stop United getting young players from the Lothian it would mean we have a better chance of getting more youngsters too!

For years United have been creaming of the best youngsters in the East of Scotland and forcing them to live in and around Dundee.

They also signed them up for 5 year contracts, but that was put a stop to.

Anything that might help our drive for better younger players is OK with me!!!!
    Maybe it is up to our scouts to identify them and ensure they come to Hibs. Issuing factually inaccurate statements is not the way to attract players. We will still need to compete with United irrespective of whether or not Hearts encourage a couple of them away from United.

Raising funds to help our youth development is something that has to be done. So if anyone can make the dinner on 12th October.......get in touch with Frank.
    Last edited by PatHead; 21-09-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Funny how Levein spends all week spouting his mouth off re spirit of 1986 (how ridiculous is that), how he believes they can challenge for title and the John Souter rant and then the follow up saying John agrees with him. Back in the dugout and then 0-0 with Livi.

The man is a born loser.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lay some flowers at the dens park toilets today in honour of Levein. Get well soon n that.