hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it still happening?

Or is it more unionist agenda that there is a sit down instead of the march?
    Still happening. What makes you think it isn't?
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 04-10-2018 at 05:02 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Is it still happening?

Or is it more unionist agenda that there is a sit down instead of the march?
    They're desperate to try and stop it. It was originally a longer route, starting at princes st gardens. It seems some will still be gathering there.

It's going ahead, all the way into Holyrood park.
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 04-10-2018 at 06:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Still happening. What makes you think it isn't?
    A mate had read so online. He read that there was plans to just sit down in the gardens or something

Chairman, North East Scotland Hibernian SC Frazerbob's Avatar
    A mate had read so online. He read that there was plans to just sit down in the gardens or something
    There is a sit down protest against HES planned for the gardens before the march but itís nothing to do with AUOB.

Good luck with this guys. Going away for a week, otherwise I would have been there.
    Stupid me for also booking away whilst we are at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    There is a sit down protest against HES planned for the gardens before the march but itís nothing to do with AUOB.
    I've booked for the croquet on the lawn event in Holyrood Park tomorrow, the number of events planned is astonishing.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Chairman, North East Scotland Hibernian SC Frazerbob's Avatar
    The rally at Holyrood Park is on!

AUOB ARE VICTORIOUS- TOMORROW WE MARCH FOR INDEPENDENCE AND RALLY AT HOLYROOD PARK

We are not long out of the meeting with the authorities Re #AUOBEdinburgh, where we sat round a table with Edinburgh council, Police Scotland and Historic Environment Scotland (HES).

We are proud to announce that Police Scotland have made an executive decision in the interests of health & safety and public order to facilitate our stance that we are Rallying at Holyrood park and are implementing emergency powers to make this happen.

HES maintained their political stance that we were still refused permission but after a long meeting where we held to our principles we are delighted to announce Holyrood park is on!

**** HES

i'l be delighted with over 20k
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 05-10-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Got my 3 flags fixed to the telescopic rod. Bring it on. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

the Yesbikers will be out in force as well https://www.yesbikers.scot/youtubevideo/yesbikers if yi like bikes

i think they are starting off from Ingliston

HE'S still claiming the ban on the rally is still in place.
    #Persevered

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Good luck to everyone whoís going tomorrow. I decided a few weeks ago to stop posting on here, but the fact that I started this thread, I feel like I should respond to everyone. Thank you all, the dream will never die.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    The rally at Holyrood Park is on!

AUOB ARE VICTORIOUS- TOMORROW WE MARCH FOR INDEPENDENCE AND RALLY AT HOLYROOD PARK

We are not long out of the meeting with the authorities Re #AUOBEdinburgh, where we sat round a table with Edinburgh council, Police Scotland and Historic Environment Scotland (HES).

We are proud to announce that Police Scotland have made an executive decision in the interests of health & safety and public order to facilitate our stance that we are Rallying at Holyrood park and are implementing emergency powers to make this happen.

HES maintained their political stance that we were still refused permission but after a long meeting where we held to our principles we are delighted to announce Holyrood park is on!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-45760210

This seems to cast some doubt?

I don't have any issue with the march going onto Holyrood Park but also acknowledge that HES are the land managers and they legitimately have the call. It does feel a bit like this has been put out by the organisers as a distraction from the likelihood that the attendees are going to be far less in number than was being predicted previously.

What I found curious about the original AUOB statement you posted was that certain phrases and sections didn't ring true, or rather accurate.

If there had been a meeting involving AUOB, Police Scotland, HES and CEC, I don't think for a second that Police Scotland would agree to being described as having made an 'executive decision'. I'm also not sure what these 'emergency powers' are that they are implementing - the police don't really have 'emergency powers' as such, they actually have very limited powers in legislation that exist in very specific circumstances. On one level I can get that they may wish HES to allow entry to the Park, but there's not a chance that they invoked some 'emergency powers' to make it happen.

Whether or not the marchers get to Holyrood Park, the AUOB statement reads like a crock, TBH
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    HE'S still claiming the ban on the rally is still in place.
    They can claim, all they want. Thousands will be in the park today. Guid luck to all who attend. The parliament cafe and toilets are also open to the public today.

SCOTLAND CAN.

First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

Quelle surprise BBC.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Bet the queue for the toilets at the cafe are huge! I am assuming there will be no on site toilets like portaloos seeing as this is not an authorised event.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Bet the queue for the toilets at the cafe are huge! I am assuming there will be no on site toilets like portaloos seeing as this is not an authorised event.
    I'll count it for you. Dirty wee rascals so they are. Attending an unauthorised event.

👌👌😂

SCOTLAND CAN.

Enjoy yir march, wish I was there,

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    I'll count it for you. Dirty wee rascals so they are. Attending an unauthorised event.

👌👌😂
    Why not have it at the Meadows where there could have been proper facilities, toilets, catering and a proper stage for speakers etc. Sure the marchers would appreciate having basic things like food and toilet facilities.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    On my way to the march before a leisurely stroll to Easter Road 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇳🇬🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇳🇬
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Good turn out on a beautiful autumn day

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Good turn out on a beautiful autumn day

Away to watch the Hibs now, but i've been looking at a cam on the Royal Mile, and it has been non-stop flag wavers for the last hour and a half!

https://livestream.com/IndependenceL...nburgh2018Cam4

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Well done to HES on making the sensible decision to allow it go ahead at Holyrood in order to ensure public safety but absolute disgrace the way the organisers went about this - particularly trying to use the "Right to Roam" legislation.

Lots of people through the years worked incredibly hard to make sure we have some of the best land access laws in the world. We should be proud of our right to roam - but with that comes responsibility.

The incredibly selfish actions and attitudes of folk like the organisers of this event are the reason we can't have nice things.
    Last edited by barcahibs; 06-10-2018 at 03:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    Well done to HES on making the sensible decision to allow it go ahead at Holyrood in order to ensure public safety but absolute disgrace the way the organisers went about this - particularly trying to use the "Right to Roam" legislation.

Lots of people through the years worked incredibly hard to make sure we have some of the best land access laws in the world. We should be proud of our right to roam - but with that comes responsibility.

The incredibly selfish actions and attitudes of folk like the organisers of this event are the reason we can't have nice things.
    Care to elaborate? Sitting on the outside, why wouldnít thousands of people be allowed to march through the capital?

Conversely, how could they possible be stopped?

J

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Organiser claims 100,000, is that accurate?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Why not have it at the Meadows where there could have been proper facilities, toilets, catering and a proper stage for speakers etc. Sure the marchers would appreciate having basic things like food and toilet facilities.
    There isn't a Parliament on the Meadows.

Organiser claims 100,000, is that accurate?
    I was there, and was just past the back of the Hub on Johnson Terrace. The march started prompt at 13:00 but I didn't get to the front of the Hub until 13:35. The march was still passing the World's End at 15:00. Make of this what you want but these are facts.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Care to elaborate? Sitting on the outside, why wouldnít thousands of people be allowed to march through the capital?

Conversely, how could they possible be stopped?

J
    Its not the march really (although i was severely p'd off a few months ago when i was caught in traffic behind an orange walk). Obviously in a democracy folk have got the right to protest (not really sure what this was a protest about mind). But I'm not looking at the political aspect.

Its the attitide of "Ah'll dae what ah want" that the organisers have shown to the owners of the park. They were refused permission to assemble there for perfectly valid reasons and they decided to ignore that for their own ends - and then use their numbers and cause to bully their way to the answer they wanted.

The bit that really gets my goat though is the attempted hijack of the right to roam legislation. I have to deal with this crap all the time. Our access rights in this country are amazing - and were hard won. But too many people want to ignore the fact that with those access rights come responsibilities. The "I'll do what i want and go where i want, i've got a right" crowd is what always spoils everything good we've got for the rest of us.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    There isn't a Parliament on the Meadows.

Could have started at the Parliament and gathered at the Meadows.