hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

AUOB rally Edinburgh October 6th

Having spoken to another poster on here we were thinking about the possibility of a few of us meeting up for this event. We were discussing the last event in Dundee and the fact that there was an old firm fans for independence group at the event. Iím just starting the thread and putting out a couple of ideas and one of them was to join up with hearts fans who support independence. As I said itís just an idea, but I wanted to start a discussion ahead of the event.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having spoken to another poster on here we were thinking about the possibility of a few of us meeting up for this event. We were discussing the last event in Dundee and the fact that there was an old firm fans for independence group at the event. Iím just starting the thread and putting out a couple of ideas and one of them was to join up with hearts fans who support independence. As I said itís just an idea, but I wanted to start a discussion ahead of the event.
    Would be good to get a group with some hearts fans and a Suitable banner. Edinburgh United for independence or something similar.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Would be good to get a group with some hearts fans and a Suitable banner. Edinburgh United for independence or something similar.
    What is AUOB?

And why would any Hibs association be done in conjunction with them?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    go AUOB

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    What is AUOB?

And why would any Hibs association be done in conjunction with them?
    All Under One Banner.

Flag people as I refer to them. 😁

Iím not so sure dragging one of the things that can unite us all, support of our club, in to a divisive political debate is a good idea. Iím depressed enough as it is.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Just be careful what bucket you put your money in. Are you giving it to AUOB Ltd or AUOB Scotland Ltd?

No offence, but shove that Mercer like chat right up yer arse.

"Hibs for Indy and **** the Hearts" would be my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    No offence, but shove that Mercer like chat right up yer arse.

"Hibs for Indy and **** the Hearts" would be my suggestion.
    Thatís not very inclusive though .
    Edinburgh football fans for independence would be my choice.

I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    As long as there's no presence of such groups at games then they can do what they like.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

Testimonial Due
    Thatís not very inclusive though .
    Edinburgh football fans for independence would be my choice.
    Well away on to an edinburgh football fans site, this is for hibbies and merger talk is forbidden.
    😁

I'm going to this. Never marched for anything in my life, but seeing as how I bleat on about independence all the time, am a member of the SNP and have voted SNP at every election since 1979 I think its about time I put my feet where my mouth is so to speak

I'm not really a big fan of football and politics being connected Ö I saw a thing on Facebook encouraging Rangers fans to turn up to one of these marches with their scarves and tops on to show they aren't all rabid unionists Ö. IMO that would be a terrible idea with the potential to turn a side issue in the independence debate into a major talking point, which like it or not would then turn the whole thing into a Celtic V Rangers issue surrounding a debate which is far more important to this country than the differing views of football fans and in some cases the sectarian element which goes with it.

I'll be wearing my Hibs top on the march Ö. but only because I'll be going to the Hibs match scheduled for that afternoon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I'm going to this. Never marched for anything in my life, but seeing as how I bleat on about independence all the time, am a member of the SNP and have voted SNP at every election since 1979 I think its about time I put my feet where my mouth is so to speak

I'm not really a big fan of football and politics being connected Ö I saw a thing on Facebook encouraging Rangers fans to turn up to one of these marches with their scarves and tops on to show they aren't all rabid unionists Ö. IMO that would be a terrible idea with the potential to turn a side issue in the independence debate into a major talking point, which like it or not would then turn the whole thing into a Celtic V Rangers issue surrounding a debate which is far more important to this country than the differing views of football fans and in some cases the sectarian element which goes with it.

I'll be wearing my Hibs top on the march Ö. but only because I'll be going to the Hibs match scheduled for that afternoon
    Good on you for going and putting your feet where your mouth is.

But maybe Iím getting you wrong but you are saying itís fine to wear your Hibs top but any Rangers ones would be a terrible idea?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

But maybe Iím getting you wrong but you are saying itís fine to wear your Hibs top but any Rangers ones would be a terrible idea?
    Wearing a hun top is always a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post

No I'm not saying that. IMO football tops have no place at these events as a statement of support or disagreement with the issue at hand Ö. sure as shooting the anti independence media, IE 90% of it would twist things to make the issue of Scottish independence look like an offshoot of the Glasgow sectarian divide, even if it was as plain as the nose on your face that that wasn't the case Ö. and that would damage the independence movement badly as the folk who don't want to think of themselves as sectarian, be seen as sectarian, look to distance themselves from it Ö. IMO why the hell give them the opportunity Ö in all honesty I don't even like to see Scotland international shirts at these events.

The reference to my Hibs top was tong in cheek Ö. I will be wearing it, but under a jacket, and only because I will be going to ER directly after the march.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

The idea of meeting up with hearts fans was just that an idea. Itís received a pretty luke warm response so it might not happen.
    It would be good to get a few folk of here together though then head down for the game afterwards.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Well aye there is that right enough

The idea of meeting up with hearts fans was just that an idea. Itís received a pretty luke warm response so it might not happen.
    It would be good to get a few folk of here together though then head down for the game afterwards.
    I was thinking about meeting before the march, suggest the end of King Stable Road at the Grassmarket at 12-12:30.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

I was thinking about meeting before the march, suggest the end of King Stable Road at the Grassmarket at 12-12:30.
    Yeah sounds good to me.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This

I wonder where the counter demonstration will be held? they might fit on the 'Heart of Midlothian' outside St Giles
    #Persevered

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    I wonder where the counter demonstration will be held? they might fit on the 'Heart of Midlothian' outside St Giles

ian murray msp will be there wearing his wee union jack waistcoat

whilst signing mon scottish labour

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Great idea mate, unfortunately I'll be marching with the yes group for my area. I'll give you all a wave if I see you, with my saltire, of course. ✌

SCOTLAND CAN.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Great idea mate, unfortunately I'll be marching with the yes group for my area. I'll give you all a wave if I see you, with my saltire, of course. ✌
    come along to the meeting point and say hi first
    #Persevered

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    My old Man is up in Edina for that weekend. I believe he will be at the March.

Iíve offered him my TARTAN EXILES - BATH Saltire.

J

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    come along to the meeting point and say hi first
    I'm meeting up at the usher hall steps, at 12.15 so will struggle to get to your meeting place. I'll be looking out for the Hibs colours in amongst all that blue.

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Does anyone have the finalised details of this?

Iíve seen both Princes Street and Johnstone Terrace as a start point?
    It seems pretty unclear.

Chairman, North East Scotland Hibernian SC Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Does anyone have the finalised details of this?

Iíve seen both Princes Street and Johnstone Terrace as a start point?
    It seems pretty unclear.
    1pm start from Johnstone Terrace is the start point.

As with all the previous matches in the other towns & cities, rogue FB pages and events have been set up by unionist groups to peddle false details in a pathetic attempt to disrupt and reduce numbers on the march. I

Chairman, North East Scotland Hibernian SC Frazerbob's Avatar
    A few like minded folk from Yes2 Aberdeen, the Edinburgh Tartan Army, West of Scotland Tartan Army, Loony Alba and some Hamilton & Hibs fans are meeting at The Chanter on Bread Street for a couple of beers before the march.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Is it still happening?

Or is it more unionist agenda that there is a sit down instead of the march?