hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miquel Nelom

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't see any trolling tbh. A statement about a player and a bunch of people taking said statement the wrong way as it wasn't what they wanted to hear and debate surrounding this since.
    He/she knew exactly what they were posting and how it would be construed......its nothing to do with what anyone wanted to hear.....its just another negative, which seems to be the norm around here these days, on what should be good news on a potential new signing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    What's the reason for the amount of nagativy around this place atm
    Utterly baffling.

A lot of short memories amongst Hibs fans. We’re making a transition from losing our two best central midfielders in years and are still doing pretty well but you’d think the world had fallen in.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    What's the reason for the amount of nagativy around this place atm
    Sexual tension imho.

I don't see the problem here.

Eckersley, Rherras and Eardley might be great players and nobody here has put them down.

They've all been seen off by one of Hibs' most consistent ever players, and someone predicted that he will do so again.

That's a positive, no?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Sexual tension imho.
    That’s definitely my excuse

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    It’s not so much what was meant by the post comparing this lad to Eckersley and Rherras, it’s just the fact that some folk will look for a negative slant to absolutely anything Hibs do. I wouldn’t have even thought to compare this guy to Eckersley.

Weirdly, there’s some folks in our support that just prefer it when Hibs are pish. I’m sure there’s an explainable psychological reason for it. It’s definitely worth a more in depth study.

I remember relatively early on in John Collins managerial stint, a game against Gretna at Easter Road. I was sitting in the East terracing as we went 2-0 down early in the second half. There were guys absolutely raging all around me. Starved of misery for so long during Mowbray’s reign, they finally had their Hibs back (although this was early in the season and Hibs would go on to win the League Cup a couple of months later). One guy in front of me dragged his young son off having seen enough, red faced, blood vessels bursting out of his temple. He wasn’t the only one. Hibs won 4-2.

The simple fact is, some people just prefer Hibs being crap. This forum reflects that.
    I don’t think that’s them exhibiting a preference for seeing Hibs losing. I think it’s just an example of how fickle many supporters are.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    It’s not so much what was meant by the post comparing this lad to Eckersley and Rherras, it’s just the fact that some folk will look for a negative slant to absolutely anything Hibs do. I wouldn’t have even thought to compare this guy to Eckersley.

Weirdly, there’s some folks in our support that just prefer it when Hibs are pish. I’m sure there’s an explainable psychological reason for it. It’s definitely worth a more in depth study.

I remember relatively early on in John Collins managerial stint, a game against Gretna at Easter Road. I was sitting in the East terracing as we went 2-0 down early in the second half. There were guys absolutely raging all around me. Starved of misery for so long during Mowbray’s reign, they finally had their Hibs back (although this was early in the season and Hibs would go on to win the League Cup a couple of months later). One guy in front of me dragged his young son off having seen enough, red faced, blood vessels bursting out of his temple. He wasn’t the only one. Hibs won 4-2.

The simple fact is, some people just prefer Hibs being crap. This forum reflects that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    He/she knew exactly what they were posting and how it would be construed......its nothing to do with what anyone wanted to hear.....its just another negative, which seems to be the norm around here these days, on what should be good news on a potential new signing.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    If we don't toughen up in midfield, Stevenson may well take someone else's shirt.
    Very true...could probably do a job in there at present

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    How have Hearts missed out on this guy?
    They've already got 12 left backs so plenty cover

Sounds like an expensive backup option. Can't really see Stevenson getting dropped any time soon.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    I don’t think that’s them exhibiting a preference for seeing Hibs losing. I think it’s just an example of how fickle many supporters are.
    I’ve studied this phenomenon over the various ups and downs since Alex Miller. I’m convinced that some people enjoy watching Hibs more when we’re poor! It’s a release for them. It’ll be something to do with frustrations elsewhere in their lives but as I said, it needs a psychologist to study it properly.

Good luck to the lad if he signs.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Stevenson is naturally missing McGinn working like a Trojan in front of him but also needs to smarten his ideas .It took him until half time on Saturday to get a grip of things.
    Very harsh...he had no defensive support whatsoever from Horgan on the left and was overloaded at times

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Has the guy even signed?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't see the problem here.

Eckersley, Rherras and Eardley might be great players and nobody here has put them down.

They've all been seen off by one of Hibs' most consistent ever players, and someone predicted that he will do so again.

That's a positive, no?
    In a nutshell Lewis is an absolute gem

It’s just the usual suspects looking for arguments.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post

Usual suspects indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Very harsh...he had no defensive support whatsoever from Horgan on the left and was overloaded at times

Not harsh in the slightest.I pointed out he was missing McGinn and now it’s up to him to step up his game and show his good qualities.

Aye thats right, folk who want to give a possible new signing a chance before writing them off are looking for an argument??

Not harsh in the slightest.I pointed out he was missing McGinn and now it’s up to him to step up his game and show his good qualities.
    So u don't think it's harsh expecting him to the job of 2?? The whole point I was making is he is missing someone like McGinn helping him out defensively?? Horgans tracking back in that 1st half on Sat was pretty abysmal hence the issues we had

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Aye thats right, folk who want to give a possible new signing a chance before writing them off are looking for an argument??
    Not at all, that’s not who I’m talking about. I’m fact I’m one of them.

I’m talking about the folk who are accusing people of trolling and saying things that they clearly aren’t just so they can have a go at fellow Hibs fans.

Or missing Hanlon playing as part of a back 3? Wouldn't say Lewis is missing McGinn at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    So u don't think it's harsh expecting him to the job of 2?? The whole point I was making is he is missing someone like McGinn helping him out defensively?? Horgans tracking back in that 1st half on Sat was pretty abysmal hence the issues we had

I think it’s up to him to get it organised.McGinn was exceptionally hard working.In the first half he gave his man far too much room and stood off him.Shouldn’t need the manager to tell them at half time to get their act together.

Not at all, that’s not who I’m talking about. I’m fact I’m one of them.

I’m talking about the folk who are accusing people of trolling and saying things that they clearly aren’t just so they can have a go at fellow Hibs fans.
    Mate, we are hopefully going to sign a left back, who has played in the Champs League and has 2 international caps and the first thing you post is that he will be away by January and then compared him to 3 players who were not a success at Hibs. How on earth do you expect folk to react? Especially when you then go onto say you have never seen him play?

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Or missing Hanlon playing as part of a back 3? Wouldn't say Lewis is missing McGinn at all.
    Lewis missed having an outball most on Saturday. Normally there’s someone further down the line for him to pass to, but Horgan was pretty central for most of the game.

United we stand here....

This sites a rare laugh

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Mate, we are hopefully going to sign a left back, who has played in the Champs League and has 2 international caps and the first thing you post is that he will be away by January and then compared him to 3 players who were not a success at Hibs. How on earth do you expect folk to react? Especially when you then go onto say you have never seen him play?
    I expected them to react in a similar fashion to Bingo70, Smartie and DexterStJock who all managed to understand me perfectly well

its not that im not a fan of Stevenson but i hope if this lad signs hes a huge step up.we must keep improving

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This sites a rare laugh
    Agreed I only posted I had heard we were interested in him and it seems that Nelom isn't good enough and neither is Stevenson. Couldn't make some of it up.it would seem however, whoever is going to be first choice left back we will have a fantastic back up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Allen Orman played in the champs league.

Whittaker played in a UEFA cup final.

Means nowt until he's doing the business for hibs.

I expected them to react in a similar fashion to Bingo70, Smartie and DexterStJock who all managed to understand me perfectly well
    Ah right, my apologies, you were actually being positive in that Lewis is better than him so he wont get a game, and anyway he wont be fit as he signed after the season started?....and just to be even more positive you posted links where he mis kicks the ball and that he was a joke figure in Holland. Gotcha. Silly me thinking that what you wrote was negative.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Allen Orman played in the champs league.

Whittaker played in a UEFA cup final.

Means nowt until he's doing the business for hibs.
    Orman was a decent player and Whittaker was part of our golden generation. I know what you’re saying, but disagree with the examples you’ve chosen.

United we stand here....