hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Miquel Nelom

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You keep saying that this isnt you're opinion etc.....can you just re-post your first post on him. Thanks.
    My first post made no mention of his abilities whatsoever Gordy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    On a serious note, he must have the best pedigree of any player we’ve signed in recent history. Pretty excited by this.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    My first post made no mention of his abilities whatsoever Gordy.
    Ah right so the three players you mentioned in that post as being similar were all injured, and couldnt play.....nothing to do with their ability. Got you.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Isn't it just. Decent win against a very good team on Saturday and the negativity has been nauseating almost like some don't want us to do well
    A lot of toys thrown out the pram due to 1 bad result, no deadline day signing and Hearts good start I think.

Still though, turning your nose up at signing a 27 year old Dutch International who a cpl of years ago was playing v Man Utd in the Champions League is baffling to me.

Return of the admiral

Left by mutual consent!
    Reminds me of Pa Kujabi

And Patrice Evra

And Demetri Mitchell

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Ah right so the three players you mentioned in that post as being similar were all injured, and couldnt play.....nothing to do with their ability. Got you.
    Pretty much

Pretty much
    Pretty much what? You posted a pretty poor post straight away about this guy and then admitted you have never seen him play. You have then spent the rest of the thread trying to justify it by posting links and opinions of others that are all negative. Well done

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    On a serious note, he must have the best pedigree of any player we’ve signed in recent history. Pretty excited by this.

Has he actually signed?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Pretty much what? You posted a pretty poor post straight away about this guy and then admitted you have never seen him play. You have then spent the rest of the thread trying to justify it by posting links and opinions of others that are all negative. Well done
    I’m saying your post was pretty much correct.

The comparison I made is that those players were signed after the transfer window had closed and subsequently struggled for fitness which limited their game time and they then left at the next window.

I then posted the general opinions of Feyenoord and Dutch fans regarding his ability. Those views are theirs and not mine. I’ve made no comment at all on his ability because I’ve never seen him play.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I’m saying your post was pretty much correct.

The comparison I made is that those players were signed after the transfer window had closed and subsequently struggled for fitness which limited their game time and they then left at the next window.

I then posted the general opinions of Feyenoord and Dutch fans regarding his ability. Those views are theirs and not mine. I’ve made no comment at all on his ability because I’ve never seen him play.
    You have never seen him play, but felt the need to bracket him in with those 3 duds. Well done.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You have never seen him play, but felt the need to bracket him in with those 3 duds. Well done.
    The comparison I made was clearly with regards to them signing after the window and the possibility of them struggling to break into the team due to fitness. At no point did I compare the ability of the players.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think it was more an observation on how his career will pan out similarly to how theirs did here. Not that he's a dud.

FWIW I think he'll be a decent signing for us.

Welcome Aboard Nelson GGTTH
    Last edited by The_Horde; 17-09-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Reminds me of Pa Kujabi

And Patrice Evra

And Demetri Mitchell
    Don't forget Hong Kong Thierry.

I'll reserve judgement until he actually signs and plays for us.

However I'm not getting my hopes up for one simple reason. Being available on a free transfer isn't a negative in itself, but still being available as a free agent weeks after the transfer deadline does make me pause to wonder why he hasn't been signed by anyone else, particularly when he was good a couple of years ago.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    The comparison I made was clearly with regards to them signing after the window and the possibility of them struggling to break into the team due to fitness. At no point did I compare the ability of the players.
    I think a lot will depend on the length of the deal, if it’s until the end of the season then I think you may end up being right.

If it’s a 2 or 3 year deal then I think he could end up being a pretty exciting signing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Don't forget Hong Kong Thierry.
    Think he's more similar to Zarabi tbh.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think a lot will depend on the length of the deal, if it’s until the end of the season then I think you may end up being right.

If it’s a 2 or 3 year deal then I think he could end up being a pretty exciting signing.
    Agree with that, the length of the deal will tell us a lot

Signs, unfit, picks up injury, 2 weeks away, development game, second half sub appearance, released in January.

File alongside Adam Eckersley, Faycal Rherras and Neil Eardley

Thats what you said, looks to me as if you have written him off before actually seeing him?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Signs, unfit, picks up injury, 2 weeks away, development game, second half sub appearance, released in January.

File alongside Adam Eckersley, Faycal Rherras and Neil Eardley

Thats what you said, looks to me as if you have written him off before actually seeing him?
    I’m sure he can answer for himself but my interpretation of his post was that this type of signing rarely works out so chances are this one probably won’t either.

He’ll likely start off as Stevenson’s understudy, how many times has Lewis needed an understudy over the last couple of years? It’s hard to see how this guy could get a look in, which again probably means he won’t be here long term.

MWC May also correct me on this but I got the impression there was an element of tongue and cheek to his comment that everyone has taken far too seriously. I may be wrong with that though.

I’m sure he can answer for himself but my interpretation of his post was that this type of signing rarely works out so chances are this one probably won’t either.

He’ll likely start off as Stevenson’s understudy, how many times has Lewis needed an understudy over the last couple of years? It’s hard to see how this guy could get a look in, which again probably means he won’t be here long term.

MWC May also correct me on this but I got the impression there was an element of tongue and cheek to his comment that everyone has taken far too seriously. I may be wrong with that though.
    File alongside Adam Eckersley, Faycal Rherras and Neil Eardley, i wont file him anywhere until i have seen him play myself.

If i have actually seen a player before we've signed him, then i think i'm entitled to give some sort of opinion on him, if not i shall wait until such times as i can.

What you referred to in your previous post about length of deal will tell us a lot about how we view him.

If it’s a short term deal then he’s obviously seen as back up in an area that we don’t really have any.

If it’s a 2/3 year deal he’s coming in with a view to playing. In regards to how he gets a look in I think it’ll quite simply be if Lennon thinks he’s a better player. There’ll come a day when someone replaces Stevenson in the team.

Just on another point, is Stevenson in the last year of his deal?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    What a depressing thread, 4 pages of trolling and people bitting.

Good to have competition for Stevenson, who has been ok but nowhere near the levels of the second half of last season. Hope he’s not another Rhryas (sp?) in just bringing in a body, to the potential detriment of the likes of Mackie.

This guy is going to be ****ing brilliant.

This guy is going to be ****ing terrible.

Just covering the bases so I can delete whatever statement doesn't fit with the consensus in a few weeks and I'll look like a real sage.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

More or less spot on Bingo

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    What a depressing thread, 4 pages of trolling and people bitting.

Good to have competition for Stevenson, who has been ok but nowhere near the levels of the second half of last season. Hope he’s not another Rhryas (sp?) in just bringing in a body, to the potential detriment of the likes of Mackie.
    Don't see any trolling tbh. A statement about a player and a bunch of people taking said statement the wrong way as it wasn't what they wanted to hear and debate surrounding this since.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Just covering the bases so I can delete whatever statement doesn't fit with the consensus in a few weeks and I'll look like a real sage.
    He'll be f***ing average.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I'd like to be the first to say "ah for **** sake Nelom you're pish get him off Lennon"

What's the reason for the amount of nagativy around this place atm

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    It’s not so much what was meant by the post comparing this lad to Eckersley and Rherras, it’s just the fact that some folk will look for a negative slant to absolutely anything Hibs do. I wouldn’t have even thought to compare this guy to Eckersley.

Weirdly, there’s some folks in our support that just prefer it when Hibs are pish. I’m sure there’s an explainable psychological reason for it. It’s definitely worth a more in depth study.

I remember relatively early on in John Collins managerial stint, a game against Gretna at Easter Road. I was sitting in the East terracing as we went 2-0 down early in the second half. There were guys absolutely raging all around me. Starved of misery for so long during Mowbray’s reign, they finally had their Hibs back (although this was early in the season and Hibs would go on to win the League Cup a couple of months later). One guy in front of me dragged his young son off having seen enough, red faced, blood vessels bursting out of his temple. He wasn’t the only one. Hibs won 4-2.

The simple fact is, some people just prefer Hibs being crap. This forum reflects that.