hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Family club

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure I understand the difference?
    It will ask whether you are Christian, Muslim etc. They won’t ask which branch of a particular religion you follow.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    How do you know?

As it happens I know plenty of Hearts supporters too and I know none of them are religious bigots.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 17-09-2018 at 08:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    As it happens I know plenty of Hearts supporters too and I know none of then are religious bigots.
    But I bet they're very ugly and have terrible hygiene habits
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Is there not usually an “equal opportunities” form that you need to fill in for some job applications? It asks these kinds of questions (race, sexual orientation, etc) but is kept separate from the main application form. Don’t think I’ve ever seen the Protestant / Catholic question asked though.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    But I bet they're very ugly and have terrible hygiene habits

Surely that goes without saying

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Or 20 years ago when trying to get into the Glasgow Police!!!
    There was a time in Glasgow that based on which school you attended dictated what part of the City you were posted to. Would like to think that attitudes have changed since then.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    As it happens I know plenty of Hearts supporters too and I know none of them are religious bigots.
    Most of us on here will be the same, not all will admit it though!

You’d be better asking if anyone on here knows a religiously bigoted Hearts fan personally.

Apparently the city is full of them, so some of us must be mates with some of them!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Most of us on here will be the same, not all will admit it though!

You’d be better asking if anyone on here knows a religiously bigoted Hearts fan personally.

Apparently the city is full of them, so some of us must be mates with some of them!
    I dont think that is really the point of most of the feedback here. I know a few Hearts fans and am pretty sure they are not "religious bigots".

However, in my opinion the biggest issue with Hearts - either at Tynecastle or away from home - is that nobody really challenges those who are singing the songs or hold these opinions (certainly those I know say "aye there are a few idiots) - but the very act of doing nothing just gives the bams carte blanche to continue.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Remember the away game against them near the end of last season. It wasn't just a few daft laddies. At least half of the wheatfield stand were at it. They were then belting it out again at half time behind the stand, giving it f****n this and f****n that. Right next to the line of security staff who just stood there with cotton wool in their ears.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Remember the away game against them near the end of last season. It wasn't just a few daft laddies. At least half of the wheatfield stand were at it. They were then belting it out again at half time behind the stand, giving it f****n this and f****n that. Right next to the line of security staff who just stood there with cotton wool in their ears.

What are they supposed to do? Eject 3000 people or arrest them?

I get that young daft laddies will want to build an ‘atmosphere’ and maybe go close to the bone with some of their efforts. But why on earth would anyone, other than rangers, want to sound like rangers?!

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I get that young daft laddies will want to build an ‘atmosphere’ and maybe go close to the bone with some of their efforts. But why on earth would anyone, other than rangers, want to sound like rangers?!
    The same reason people support Rangers?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    The bottom line Of all the teams in all the world they could copy Nice one Hearts, it looks great for you.

Proud to support Edinburgh's forward thinking, inclusive football club.

The only thing i find worse than Rangers fans are Hearts fans mimicking them. They are actively trying to be like them. Scary.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    What are they supposed to do? Eject 3000 people or arrest them?
    Well the average age is 14 like you said. So what are the security staff so fearful of?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    The Sun now running a story of the damage to the away end by hearts fans on Saturday

And we’re not just talking a couple of broken plastic seats by the looks of the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    The Sun now running a story of the damage to the away end by hearts fans on Saturday

And we’re not just talking a couple of broken plastic seats by the looks of the pictures
    Also picking up on the sectarian bile. Hopefully this will be a start and all clubs will be picked up on this whenever it appears

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Also picking up on the sectarian bile. Hopefully this will be a start and all clubs will be picked up on this whenever it appears
    Not wanting to downplay the seriousness of the bile, but I wonder if this is really the worst sectarian bile the away end of a football ground in Scotland has seen in order for it to be so newsworthy?

I always had a hunch that when a clampdown came, it would somehow not involve either of the 2 main perpetrators.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I always had a hunch that when a clampdown came, it would somehow not involve either of the 2 main perpetrators.
    You’re absolutely right

The rangers or Celtic will never be punished for it

They’ll blame insufficient evidence or poor audio quality and they’ll get away with it

I love it / despair when watching either old firm on tv (most sevco) and the commentary apologises when the mics pick up individuals swearing but never mention sectarian sing songs

No wonder all Edinburghs football tourists want to see Hibs, not them. There can be no joy watching that lot and being in amongst such bigoted, disgusting people. They truly are vile.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    You’re absolutely right

The rangers or Celtic will never be punished for it

They’ll blame insufficient evidence or poor audio quality and they’ll get away with it

I love it / despair when watching either old firm on tv (most sevco) and the commentary apologises when the mics pick up individuals swearing but never mention sectarian sing songs
    The OF always have and always will get away with their bigotry and fine well they know it hence why they happily belt out loudly and proudly their bile week in week out - they know fine well they are not going to be punished.

Remarkable that the age old "just a minority" line still get trodded out when it comes to them as well when it's blatently obvious for everyone to see it's not. Bigotry is part of the attraction for a lot of people who follow them though, its so massively ingrained in both clubs.

Hearts have a small element of "hunnery" with them and as I mentioned earlier their new singing section seem to be getting a lot of stick from other hearts fans for their song choices but it is a minority and I know hearts fans who are embarrassed by it. We too sadly have a very small minority of people who follow us who like to get involved in Celtic-like nonsense but fortunately I don't hear those sorts of songs at our games.

The OF are the main problem but until the authorities grow the backbone to actually do something about it then it wont go away - absolutely terrified to upset them!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Not wanting to downplay the seriousness of the bile, but I wonder if this is really the worst sectarian bile the away end of a football ground in Scotland has seen in order for it to be so newsworthy?

The thing is, Hearts ARE one of the main perpetrators. They are every bit as bad as Rangers, the only difference is they are a far smaller club

I have grown up with and know a lot of Hearts fans. In my experience there is far more bigotry than there should be (Any is obviously unacceptable). The unfortunate thing is the parents are actually worse than the children and the kids do not know any better. I’m regularly in company where I have to challenge dialogue and it genuinely makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    The thing is, Hearts ARE one of the main perpetrators. They are every bit as bad as Rangers, the only difference is they are a far smaller club
    Utter nonsense, and you know it.

Agree not quite as bad, but if you scale up the numbers, won’t be far off?

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Are you meaning Hearts fans collectively when at a game, or people you know?

I find it hard to believe that anyone living in Edinburgh that supports Hibs, doesn’t have friends, work mates or even family members that support Hearts.

I know plenty Hearts fans. Not one of them is a religious bigot. They’re all sound folk just like anyone else who happen to support a different team to me.

Your sweeping statement is nonsense and it’s this kind of internet chat that simply creates the ‘hatred’ between fans.

You must just have crap mates or hang around with ****my folk.
    I meant growing up and to a lesser extent throughout my life. Not all Hibs fan's are/were brought up in Edinburgh.

This wasn't 'a sweeping statement' but my own personal experiences.I reckon that bigotry is more likely to cause hatred between fans rather than me posting my observations on this forum.

If Hearts fans generally are getting tarred with the same brush I reckon it's about time the decent Hearts fans done something about their own bigots.
    Last edited by Booked4Being-Ugly; 19-09-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Not utter nonsense at all. The Huns are at it every week, so are the Hearts support. Hearts just get away with it because they are a smaller club with less fans

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Not utter nonsense at all. The Huns are at it every week, so are the Hearts support. Hearts just get away with it because they are a smaller club with less fans
    So the very few idiots that come out with IRA p1sh in pubs before Hibs games on the odd occasion make us just as bad as Celtic then?

Granted Hearts' sectarian problem is a lot bigger than anyone else outside the old firm, in our league (I would say anywhere else it's near non-existent).. but they aren't close to being on the same scale as Rangers, or Celtic for that matter.

Most Hearts fans will find the plooky ned brigade that are leading these songs embarrassing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    So the very few idiots that come out with IRA p1sh in pubs before Hibs games on the odd occasion make us just as bad as Celtic then?

Granted Hearts' sectarian problem is a lot bigger than anyone else outside the old firm, in our league (I would say anywhere else it's near non-existent).. but they aren't close to being on the same scale as Rangers, or Celtic for that matter.

Most Hearts fans will find the plooky ned brigade that are leading these songs embarrassing.
    No, the very few idiots that come out with IRA songs once in a blue moon don’t make us as bad as Celtic.

Yes, the thousands of Hearts fans that routinely sing bigoted, racist and xenophobic songs make them as bad as Rangers and they are getting worse.

This season son is only 5 games old and there have been videos of these types of songs being sung at at least 3 of them by significantly more than ‘a very few’.

Then we have the Anti Semitic songs, the Nazi salutes, the racist abuse towards Marv, Goncalves and Magennis in recent years. Going further back there’s the racist abuse towards Benji, Zemmama, Jose Quitongo and Mark Walters.

Some people just dismiss it as petty point scoring and sheug it off because it’s not Rangers but the bigotry, sectarianism, racism and xenophobia that comes out that club is far more prevalent than the ‘very few plooky neds’ that some like to think.

Remind me, how did they behave at Hampden during the Minute's Silence for the death of the Pope in 2005(?).