Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Chelsea weren’t successfully with it. They were successful with a 3-4-3 with Hazard and Willian who played in the wide positions in a front 3 which took a load of pressure off the wing backs. They’re form fell off a cliff at the start of last season when they moved to 3-5-2. Hazard wanted to play central so they moved him in behind Morata and stuck an extra man in midfield.

Juve also tended to go with 3-4-3. Last season they played Mandzukic left, Higuain central and Dybala on the right. When they did go 3-5-2 they’d drop Mandzukic and move Dybala central.

Other than that I can think of no one. We have one successful side in Italy using it occasionally.

A brilliant example was the nick of England’s wing backs in the WC semi’s. Young was clearly knackered in the first half and Trippier was carried off with exhaustion.
Sorry, my bad wording, I was talking more generally about three at the back. With Juve there was and is a huge amount of fluidity and movement in front of the three, so it could be a 4-3 or a 5-2 from minute to minute. And Guardiola uses it though again, it will vary during episodes of the game.

As for England it got them their best World Cup campaign since in nearly thirty years. Little surprise they had exhausted players, especially in such a hot World Cup.