Taking into account tha personnel available and the opponents might also determine formation and tactics I’m wondering what folk think our might be our favoured approach this season?

I like the 3 central defenders, but that doesn’t suit us playing with Gray and Stevenson out wide?? I really like the way Hanlon and Ambrose take adavantage of the space and stride forward with the ball. That can be hard against and has helped open up defences.

Playing 4 at the back allows us to play the two full backs with widemen in front. However, ai always want us to play two attackers, especially as we have a front two who are going to score plenty of goals together. One up front doesn’t seem to work for us. That leaves a traditional 442 formation, with Milligan and Mallan as the two obvious first choice players. Does that work against 5 in midfield which we often encounter against teams at ER.

I tend not to really pay too much attention to how other teams set out, and I don’t play champ manager, so can the more tactically informed give some insight into how we could get the best out the group of players we have.

In sayin* all this, we have so many new players and it’s too early yet to be sure how good they are. We’ve also had a lot of changes to the side already, probably due to injury and fitness of various players.

I’m intrigued by how we’re going to set up and whether Lennon changes our style?