hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 57 of 57

Thread: Bogdan/rocky

  1. #31
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,456
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely spread himself a lot better rather than the pathetic fall back on his erchie into the goal, poor keeping at the near post as in technique. Im not saying if he tried spreading it would definitely save but it would have been a much better attempt than what he did
    He had no chance at the goal.

    He was in the right place, and it might as easily have hit one of his legs as it did go through them.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,790
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely spread himself a lot better rather than the pathetic fall back on his erchie into the goal, poor keeping at the near post as in technique. Im not saying if he tried spreading it would definitely save but it would have been a much better attempt than what he did
    Did you actually see the goal. Through his legs from close range, did you want his legs spread wider?
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  4. #33
    Testimonial Due seanshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,117
    imo opinion Bogdan is a good solid keeper silimar standard to goalies we have had before, ie. he saves the shots he should save, plus a few 'camera saves' and not much more.
    As soon as Marciano is fit I'd have have him straight into the team.

  5. #34
    First Team Regular Sioux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely spread himself a lot better rather than the pathetic fall back on his erchie into the goal, poor keeping at the near post as in technique. Im not saying if he tried spreading it would definitely save but it would have been a much better attempt than what he did
    wtf?

  6. #35
    Bogdan is the best goalie at the club. Keep him in goals.

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due Franck Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dunbar
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rocky straight in when fit. Best keeper we’ve had in years. Bogdan is unconvincing.
    Correct

  8. #37
    Having a team as close to the one that excelled last season is key for me. Quite like Bogdan but when fit Marciano is our number one.

  9. #38
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did we no have Rough , Goram and Leighton at one point
    Aye we did - but not at the same time. - which is the dilemma we currently face. - Three decent keepers on the books all at once.

  10. #39
    First Team Regular Hibees3_Sevco2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Embra
    Posts
    760
    Bogdan has been more than decent! Rocky is however our number 1, and should go straight back in.

  11. #40
    First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    184
    Rocky's injury seems to be keeping him out for a lot longer than most would have thought. The longer he is out the harder it will be for him to come straight back in.

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bogdan has been more than decent! Rocky is however our number 1, and should go straight back in.
    Agreed...you start with your strongest available 11 when fit and for me that means Rocky in goals hands down. Bogdan has been more than decent but it's Rocky for me every time

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  13. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rocky's injury seems to be keeping him out for a lot longer than most would have thought. The longer he is out the harder it will be for him to come straight back in.
    He doesn't want to play. Could've been back long ago.

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    6,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't want to play. Could've been back long ago.
    ??

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,392
    Hard hat on here but not been totally convinced by either goalie tbh.

    Bogdan keeps the gloves until his next clanger.

  16. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't want to play. Could've been back long ago.

    Care to expand

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    1,918
    Marciano will need a good few games in the development team, before he is ready to play IMHO. Goalies need to get Match sharp as much as outfield players, training is fine, but nothing hones the judgement and boosts the confidence like playing in a match. I would like to see Rocky play 2 or 3 matches and look sharp before we consider whether he should oust Bogdan. He hasn't played a match for several months and will need to be confident that his injury is fully healed in a match environment. If he's worried about his hand and hesitates to put it in the mixer when there is a stramash in the 6 yard box, it could cost us a goal.

    Bogdan is doing very well for us at the moment, but at his best I think Rocky is a better keeper (and he's our keeper, not just on loan) once he is back to his best, he should get the gloves, but not until then.

  18. #47
    First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    279
    Marciano is the better keeper, loads of clean sheets and world class saves last season. The only problem about coming in straight away is he might be a bit rusty.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    48,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't want to play. Could've been back long ago.
    According to a new site on facebook, he's been doing his national service back home, although he's been spotted at every home match?

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,165
    Rocky is good. Bogdan is not. Rocky should be right back in the team when fit.

  21. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rocky is good. Bogdan is not. Rocky should be right back in the team when fit.
    I disagree. I would keep Gray at right back....he is class.

  22. #51
    First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ??
    I must admit I have been a bit suspicious of why he has been out so long.

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to a new site on facebook, he's been doing his national service back home, although he's been spotted at every home match?
    And Israeli national service lasts 2-2 1/2 years.

    Might explain why we signed him on a 4 year deal? Can we reclaim his wages from the Israel government?

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    13,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. I would keep Gray at right back....he is class.
    It's the way you tell them S 😂

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Prescott, AZ USA
    Posts
    425
    Rocky is the number 1 and should return.

  26. #55
    I think Rocky upped his game when we had Bain for the few weeks he was here.

    I am hopeful that Bogdan will have a similar effect and Rocky will push Bogdan to up his game.

  27. #56
    'S' Form
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In the Sticks
    Posts
    13
    One easy way to tell, what does the new fifa game score them, or the new fm19....

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marciano will need a good few games in the development team, before he is ready to play IMHO. Goalies need to get Match sharp as much as outfield players, training is fine, but nothing hones the judgement and boosts the confidence like playing in a match. I would like to see Rocky play 2 or 3 matches and look sharp before we consider whether he should oust Bogdan. He hasn't played a match for several months and will need to be confident that his injury is fully healed in a match environment. If he's worried about his hand and hesitates to put it in the mixer when there is a stramash in the 6 yard box, it could cost us a goal.
    Since nobody else is liable to, I thought I should just point out that Rocky agrees with my post on the Bogdan/Marciano thread !

    This is from his interview yesterday..."The goalkeeper said: “After such a long time out I felt like I really needed a game and it was my first game back, which was good. I really needed it to get back to feeling what it is like being in a game for things like my positioning and the tempo.“It was something that was important for me, obviously training helps as well, but playing gives you the best indication of where you are in the moment."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved