hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dundee away

What pubs are folk heading to?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im with H&A on this, I think Dundee is a miserable place. I heard lots about the discovery quarter, the supposed new vibe and all the tech jobs but I was there last season and thought it was still the dismal hovel I remember from the nineties. Except there's now a boat that got some erdf funding that paid for a sort of a crappy museum with plastic penguins.
    I was there a few times last year and the year before and thiught the transformation was amazing. I’ve always found there to be plenty of good boozers in the city but theres seems to be a much more positive vibe about the place now. To label it a dump based on historic perceptions is a tad ignorant imo. Not that I’m aiming that at you though.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I was there a few times last year and the year before and thiught the transformation was amazing. I’ve always found there to be plenty of good boozers in the city but theres seems to be a much more positive vibe about the place now. To label it a dump based on historic perceptions is a tad ignorant imo. Not that I’m aiming that at you though.
    I think we all have different opinions on cities based on the kind of day or days we've spent there. Personally I love Manchester whereas some folk I know hate the place, Amsterdam left me cold compared to Brussels and I love Marseille when a lot of people think its a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think we all have different opinions on cities based on the kind of day or days we've spent there. Personally I love Manchester whereas some folk I know hate the place, Amsterdam left me cold compared to Brussels and I love Marseille when a lot of people think its a nightmare.
    Indeed. I worked in London for three years and love the place whereas there are plenty of others can’t stand it.

I won't hear a word said against Dundee, as you used to get some decent rammies there, many moons ago.

I remember walking along (the strangely named) Main St, just off Dens Road, as it joined with Isla St and encountering the 'Utility'. Boy could those guys run!

Heady days indeed.