hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Boyle?

  1. #1
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,328

    Boyle?

    What's the story with Him? Injured?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    west lothian
    Posts
    1,481
    Think he got a knock in the incident that gave us the free kick that led to the goal

  4. #3
    Poor guy will be shattered as well with a week old baby. I thought he struggled yesterday but it's understandable.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  5. #4
    He was pretty poor yesterday so could easily have been hooked at HT - has this really annoying habit of falling on his a##e when thru on goal - thibk he did it twice in first half. I really like Boyler but his finishing is atrocious at times - really needs to be practicing his shooting at training

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,723
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was pretty poor yesterday so could easily have been hooked at HT - has this really annoying habit of falling on his a##e when thru on goal - thibk he did it twice in first half. I really like Boyler but his finishing is atrocious at times - really needs to be practicing his shooting at training

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    As others said, he got injured early and struggled with it..did well to last until half time ...

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As others said, he got injured early and struggled with it..did well to last until half time ...
    Fair play perhaps explains why he wasn't at his best. Having seen Agyepong for the 1st time yesterday tho...Boyle is gonna have to up his game to keep his place in the side...was very impressed with him 2nd half

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,723
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair play perhaps explains why he wasn't at his best. Having seen Agyepong for the 1st time yesterday tho...Boyle is gonna have to up his game to keep his place in the side...was very impressed with him 2nd half

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Agyepong looks a handful doesn’t he...quick feet - looks a good addition..and unlike many tricky wingers, looks like he has a good football brain too - tracks back and knows when to pass. Enjoyed his shift too

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    19,420
    I actually thought he was playing reasonably well for the first 20 minutes or so. If he was injured, that might explain how he drifted out of the game towards the end of the half.


    I think hes been the target of unnecessary stick in the last few games, as he almost always looks a handful for the opposition.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agyepong looks a handful doesn’t he...quick feet - looks a good addition..and unlike many tricky wingers, looks like he has a good football brain too - tracks back and knows when to pass. Enjoyed his shift too
    He was impressive going forward but what impressed me more was both his physicality and his ability to track back and defend...not often traits to find in wingers...thought he was very good indeed

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    19,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was impressive going forward but what impressed me more was both his physicality and his ability to track back and defend...not often traits to find in wingers...thought he was very good indeed

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

    If he could just get a shot that landed inside the stadium, he'd be a real handful.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually thought he was playing reasonably well for the first 20 minutes or so. If he was injured, that might explain how he drifted out of the game towards the end of the half.


    I think hes been the target of unnecessary stick in the last few games, as he almost always looks a handful for the opposition.
    I disagree actually I think more than anyone Boyle gets a real easy ride off the support. If poor Whittaker missed half the chances Boyle has this season he'd get dogs abuse ( solely as a comparison). As I said earlier I really like Boyle and his 100% approach but his end product and finishing are not the best sometimes though I do agree he's nearly always a handful for the opposition. If only he would/could improve that end product

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he could just get a shot that landed inside the stadium, he'd be a real handful.
    Brandon Barker was similar at the start of last season I seem to remember...hes already scored for the reserves so I think the goals will hopefully come

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree actually I think more than anyone Boyle gets a real easy ride off the support. If poor Whittaker missed half the chances Boyle has this season he'd get dogs abuse ( solely as a comparison). As I said earlier I really like Boyle and his 100% approach but his end product and finishing are not the best sometimes though I do agree he's nearly always a handful for the opposition. If only he would/could improve that end product

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I think Boyle has improved that side of his game in comparison to the player we had when he first signed. I agree he needs to kick in again though. He’s only got one goal so far this season. He plays pretty much every game and has more of the ball than anyone in an attacking sense. He should be looking at getting to double figures.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member bod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the story with Him? Injured?
    clearly took a sore one with the foul

  16. #15
    It’s some place we’ve got to where we’re looking for fairer distribution of giving our own players pelters.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

    ....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved