hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Where are you?

Where are you? As Delia Smith once drunkenly asked.

I realise that Hibs supporters have been asked to fork out a lot recently games in the Europa League consecutive away games end of the month match live on BT Sports but I thought looking around at the gaps in the stands especially FF lower where the singing section should be imo was disappointing.

The match to be fair had a good atmosphere helped by a large and noisy travelling Aberdeen support and all credit to them.

We have looked at the failings of the team on these threads perhaps we should look at ourselves.

Maybes I am out of order and the level of support we got last night was the best that could have been expected in the circumstances Maybes naw ?

Do my fellow posters agree or disagree or am I just another bed wetter?

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Newcastle.

Seeing you write HIBS with lower case letters doesn’t look right!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Almost the end of the month, freezing cold, match on TV and, as you say, already plenty money already spent.

I think it's understandable.

The mosque kitchen. Just polished off a nice chicken curry.

I didn't get out of work until 8:30, so it was too late for me to make it along.

Tuesdays are a bit of a nightmare for me, any other night and I'd have been there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I realise that Hibs supporters have been asked to fork out a lot recently games in the Europa League consecutive away games end of the month match live on BT Sports but I thought looking around at the gaps in the stands especially FF lower where the singing section should be imo was disappointing.

The match to be fair had a good atmosphere helped by a large and noisy travelling Aberdeen support and all credit to them.

We have looked at the failings of the team on these threads perhaps we should look at ourselves.

Maybes I am out of order and the level of support we got last night was the best that could have been expected in the circumstances Maybes naw ?

Thoughts?
    No sense in banging that drum. (see what I did there ). It will not happen.

Personally I think a crowd of that size is perfectly good. Based on the attendance figures given there was about 10,000 there. It is in line with attendances in previous years.

I know a few folk who have blown their football budget already, they took the chance of the match being on tv to save the money and attend on Saturday.

Texas but if you could swing by my hoose and pick me up on the way to the next game that would be grand. I'll even chip in for petrol......

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I am in Switzerland

Thoughts?
    This is getting extremely boring.

The home support was circa 9,500 in a capacity of almost 17,000 - yes but let's point out the non-attendees in the FFL.

And as you know, the club have come out firmly of the view that the FFL is the family section, rightly or wrongly, so the singing section in the FFL ain't going to happen.

Thoughts?
    My boy plays football and as I'm one of the coaches I was at training last night, watching boys and girls U11 enjoying the beautiful game

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I watched on my couch at home in Lytham with a cuppa.

I have done several "day" trips for midweek matches in the past, but a three and a half hour drive, quick bite to eat and drink, match and then drive home getting in at around 1.30am pretty knackered is getting less appealing the older I get. I dare say I will do it again in the future but not very often. Sorry if that offends the pious. Well actually Im not, I dont particularly care.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not so very many years ago an 11k plus crowd for a midweek League Cup tie v the sheep would have been regarded as decent enough.

Last night's attendance was actually bigger than when we knocked them out of the tournament at ER in 2015.

For those of us who rolled up to ER during the 80s when crowds were often less than 5k it's fantastic to see the sort of attendances we get these days. Yes, a packed stadium for every game would be great but for many, myself included, the cost of going to every game is simply too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I am in Switzerland

Likewise. Assuming you work in banking (doesn't everyone? That's what I get told often enough......) don't you have a private chopper we could've jumped in last night?

Looked like a foul night, game on telly, mid-week etc. We got a decent attendance in those circumstances.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Watched on the tellybox at home. 5 hour drive and cost done for me this time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't understand why the club is so entrenched in the view that the FFL will be the family area going forward.

It looks shoddy seeing the empty gaps week in week out and I imagine playing towards a bouncing singing section would be optimal for Boyle and co.

Marbella. Unfortunately Hibs never consulted with me when I booked it a year ago. Maybe you could have a word?

Left by mutual consent!
    No surprise to see the FF empty

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Thoughts?

Excuses spouted last night included, its too expensive as its the end of the month, its a school night, its on tv and its too cold. Does that mean the same people will use these excuses and won't want or try to get a ticket for Tynecastle on the 31st of October because after all thats the end of the month, its too expensive, its a school night, its on tv and its too cold... Should be easy to get a ticket for this derby then.

Strange to see individuals being offended by this? It's clearly not aimed at you, save the big posts about why you couldn't be there. It's a general thing, why could so few be bothered last night for a huge game? We've had plenty more midweek in poorer weather.

@hibs.net private member

Thoughts?
    One of the best attended league cup home ties in 20 years?

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    I was at ER last night but it was a close run decision.

Over the last four days, between tickets, travel costs and food I’ve spent £150 plus on myself and family watching Hibs. I can’t justify doing that too often.

Wouldn’t blame anyone for missing out last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Strange to see individuals being offended by this? It's clearly not aimed at you, save the big posts about why you couldn't be there. It's a general thing, why could so few be bothered last night for a huge game? We've had plenty more midweek in poorer weather.
    For a league cup tie, have we? We've had plenty fewer thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    I was at ER last night but it was a close run decision.

Over the last four days, between tickets, travel costs and food I’ve spent £150 plus on myself and family watching Hibs. I can’t justify doing that too often.

Wouldn’t blame anyone for missing out last night.
    Everyone wants a ticket for Hearts away though even though its midweek, too expensive, on the tv and too cold...

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    For a league cup tie, have we? We've had plenty fewer thats for sure.
    Why does it matter if it is a league cup tie though? We would have had more Vs Celtic or rangers and obviously hearts. Why though? The game wouldn't be less important, people would just choose to bother for it. Same as many chose not to last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Why does it matter if it is a league cup tie though? We would have had more Vs Celtic or rangers and obviously hearts. Why though? The game wouldn't be less important, people would just choose to bother for it. Same as many chose not to last night.
    To me personally mate it doesnt matter very much what the attendance was. Obviously it would be better if the ground was full every game but in reality at the moment thats not going to happen for the myriad of reasons different people are giving. Its pretty obvious bigger games are better attended, for the more casual supporters, Im not going to explain that to you surely. thats the same for virtually any club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Everyone wants a ticket for Hearts away though even though its midweek, too expensive, on the tv and too cold...
    You still spouting this nonsense. A derby is higher priority to folk than other games. Wow there’s a shock! Glad you are here to keep us up to date on these breaking developments

Also just under 10k Hibs Fans last night, including me. Only 3k ish tickets for tiny. Still be a struggle to get one even if only those who went last night were allowed one

From the fag end of the Hughes era through Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher and Stubbs I sat in a row of the FF Upper that had 2 other people in it, the row in front had 3 people in it and the row behind had 5. That wasn't exceptional, that was the norm; you could have expected maybe half a dozen more across the immediate area for a derby. Last night my row, albeit in a different section, was full, the row in front had one empty seat and the row behind was full.

The Hibs support has stepped up to the plate in recent years and that is due to the club delivering on the park. One of the 'downsides' of success is that following a team becomes more expensive so there may be occasions when someone has to give a game a miss. As someone said on one of the many other threads slating the fan base over the last couple of days the rising trend towards buying a ST over the years ties people to attending league games where in the past a cup game may have been a more attractive fixture.

I find the assumption that people missing a game 'can't be bothered', are 'making excuses' or are 'tight' almost offensive. It's based on nothing more than conjecture on the part of the accuser and it's just rude. No one is obliged to attend a Hibs game; if someone can't afford it, doesn't want to take their child out on a school night, has a cold or just wants to watch a game on TV for a change then it's really nobodies business. I used to follow Hibs home and away and rarely missed a game, my life changed and now I have a ST and attend every home game and 2 or 3 away games a season. Maybe it will change again one way or another, if it does that's my business and my choice rather than anyone else.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    You still spouting this nonsense. A derby is higher priority to folk than other games. Wow there’s a shock! Glad you are here to keep us up to date on these breaking developments

Also just under 10k Hibs Fans last night, including me. Only 3k ish tickets for tiny. Still be a struggle to get one even if only those who went last night were allowed one

A derby is higher priority than getting to a national cup semi final?

You're missing the point. The excuses used for not attending last night will be tossed to one side and forgotten when tickets go on sale for Hearts away. Would rather folk were just honest and said they didn't want to go last night or they wanted to watch it on tv instead.

You're missing the point. The excuses used for not attending last night will be tossed to one side and forgotten when tickets go on sale for Hearts away. Would rather folk were just honest and said they didn't want to go last night or they wanted to watch it on tv instead.
    Yes to some people it is

Folk have valid reasons for missing the odd game. Some couldn’t be bothered. It’s called freedom of choice.

Why do people need excuses? What's it to you? It's still September and that was our 14th competitive game of the season already? As others have said, 11.5k for a game in what is if we are honest the least glamorous of all the competitions we are involved in was much better than in previous years.