hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porteous

Porteous

Surprised that there hasn't been a thread about him.

Some player that we have. Plays way beyond his years and is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Actually thought it was his poorest game for a while...didn’t dominate and let his man get the better of him.

Agree he Is a top talent though, but today wasn’t one of his best...

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Twice he waltzed up into midfield and twice he gave the ball,away and was miles out of poition. He tends to get a wee bit too tight to quicker attackers for my liking but will learn. Cracking prospect. I like him a lot.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He will be our next big million pound player however he didn't have his best game today.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Thought his passing was woeful today.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually thought it was his poorest game for a while...didn’t dominate and let his man get the better of him.

Agreed great player and prospect but his poorest performance of season today imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He certainly let his team mates know about it when they were sitting back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    He mentioned in an interview recently that Efe isn’t the sort of defender that talks during the games, he never meant it in a critical way however it was something that I thought was a bit strange.

Although Efe clearly can’t be blamed for Porteous poor distribution today I wonder if he maybe just never felt as comfortable playing in a central two with him.

Saying that though, he had a really good second half and had another absolute belter if a sliding tackle towards the end. Boy loves a tackle.

Thread back-fire! :)

Yes on track to be excellent. Great to see a player from the development team really start to cement their place. All be it with injuries to the team.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was below par today.

Don’t fancy Efe and Porto as a back 2 together. Hanlon and Daz for me

I’d keep him the side tho , you only need to look at McKenna and Soutar to see what happens when you give players a chance .. he will get better with every game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Not his best game .... but never hid once .

Should play every week. Tough tackling defender.

Laddies going to be a star. Did give it away 2-3 times in silly places which luckily didnt hurt us today, but other than that was imperious as usual. Still cant believe he's only 19, absolute beast of a boy!!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He’s absolutely solid. He’s like a mini Daz, you can see the influence McGregor has had on him in the way he plays and in the way he talks. He’ll go on to be a top defender at a high level.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    I think he is going to be a great player but I would still have McGregor in before Ryan. He was very poor today giving the ball away in dangerous positions and although it is great to see full blooded tackles he will get red carded at some point due to the ferocity he goes in. Still learning and has the potential to go a long way but we have some very good centre halves and I see him as playing when they are not fit.

Not his best game today. Great talent but neesd to keep it simple.

First Team Breakthrough
    He is such a prospect; loves the club and the gaffer; and he is a really decent grounded boy.
    Future captain that you could build a team around.

And no, I’m not him or family, but met him recently at an event where he could have let his hair down; was on the water the whole time

Top bloke and a Winner
    Last edited by Comiston Hibee; 15-09-2018 at 07:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Struggled a bit with distribution because he was playing left side. Apart from that he was excellent in the 2nd half.

Outmuscled Boyd too late on
    Did his confidence a lot of good to do that to the Fat man

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    He’s going to be a cracking player but thought he was pretty poor today to be honest.

Efe on the other hand was superb.

He reminds me so much of John MacNamee.

Fabulous guy to have in your team.

Got two Under 21 caps last week and he is only 19.

He has a great future.

He's still learning, and I've no doubt has the ability to be a star - however that performance today, and some of the mistakes he made would have had people howling if committed by Whittaker for example!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

Yeah agree with this. Good player but not his greatest performance today

As others have said he is a real prospect. A little reckless at times, particularly today. Something he'll be able to work on. I would maybe give him a spell out of the team when McGregor is fit, for his own good. I would expect him to be a first choice with Hanlon by early next season.

Probably bears worth repeating that he's 19. He doesn't look it and he doesn't play like it, but 19!!

He's a good spfl centre back at the moment, but for his age, he's an outstanding prospect.

Ryan is some player, but the way he throws himself into tackles, I can see him getting ****ed by the refs

Must have over 20 appearances for us already. Also played a full season at Edinburgh City. That’s not bad going for someone of his age and shows he has a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Twice he waltzed up into midfield and twice he gave the ball,away and was miles out of poition. He tends to get a wee bit too tight to quicker attackers for my liking but will learn. Cracking prospect. I like him a lot.
    My thoughts exactly. He looked world class at one point, getting to halfway, beating 3 or 4 then playing an awful pass. Still, does the basics well and love to see him doing well.