hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Agyepong thoughts ?

Fast, skilfull and not scared to mix it, could turn out to be a good acquisition, looking forward to seeing more of this lad.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar

Agyepongtt

Looked very good when he came on. Tricky and intelligent.

Barker was exciting but I think we will get a more positive contribution from Agyepong.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with that. He looked poor defensively but not due to lack of effort. He was really exciting on the ball and not afraid to shoot. Time will tell if there will be any end product. He might get some game time as Boyle played like his new wee bundle of joy had kept him up all night.

Agyepong

I like the look of him. First time I have seen him and thought he worked hard and took his man on every time and has real pace. He looks raw and has a few things to improve on but good start.

I thought he was brilliant.

Strong, fast and spirited, he carried a threat going forward and did some dirty work defensively too.

He's quite like Barker in that he's raw and needs to be playing regularly to improve.

I think his spell at Hibs will be very good for both us and the player.

Made a difference when he came on for Boyle. Got strength, can take players on, plays with his head up. Impressive.

Going forward he looked good. Going back he looked like he was towing a caravan.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    He’s got more to his game than I first thought. Looks excellent on the bigger pitch at ER rather than the tighter affair at Livingston.

1st time I've saw him & he's not afraid to tackle unlike Barker

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    He impressed me a lot more than Barker did when he first joined. Exciting going forward but also willing to work off the ball and stick a foot in.

Very early days but I was pleasantly surprised.

Thought he looked great on the ball. Direct, willing to take his man on and not afraid to shoot.

There were a couple of occasions when off the ball he looked to be sleeping a bit. I was looking for him to bomb forward and scream for the ball but he was just standing still or walking. It was like he needed the ball to come to his feet then he came to life.

Overall though I was really pleased with him!

Thought he done very well today and looks a player. Reminds me of De La Cruz.

Effortless speed with the ball at his feet. Glides around. Loved what I saw.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Very mature performance.

Nice wee cameo today. Looks like he’ll cause problems against teams once he gets to grips with 5he Scottish way of playing. Kept thinking today he’d have had that new Scotland star right back O’Donnell on toast if he’d swapped wings with Horgan. That’s not to say his contribution today wasn’t worthwhile.

Definitely a future asset to call upon on today’s performance.

Don’t know if it’s a positive or a negative but reminded me of the way Raheem Sterling plays.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Killie players looked terrified every time he had the ball . Looks some player . Thought he changed the tempo of the game for us second half .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    He was very good. I thought he worked hard and I’m a bit surprised one or two of us felt he lacked defensively. As for raw, not sure I agree with that. He played something like 50 odd games in two seasons in the Dutch league. He’s going to be a real asset to us over the season.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Very impressed with him today.Some lovely touches.Hopefully more to come.:

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Good going forward and has a bit of strength about him. I thought he was ok defensively as well. My only criticism is when he gets back, once we get the ball back he just jogs forward. There was one occasion where I think he won the ball, gave to Mallan and Mallan kept looking to his right expecting him to be there bombing forward. He was we behind, just sauntering forward.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Good to see he seems to have learned to stay on his feet. Decent today. Defences won’t like being up against him.

Put more tackles in, carried the ball further, took more men on and carried more of a threat than Hyndman for example. Both wee but I felt like Emerson looked like a wee boy in amongst men today.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thought he was very good when he came on, looks a real threat. Type of player that whenever he gets the ball u get the feeling something will happen. A few more performances like that and he will be keeping Boyle on his toes for a starting place.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he done very well today and looks a player. Reminds me of De La Cruz.
    I thought he was a bit like Didier Agathe.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Pleasantly surprised glad Lenny has told Horgan to leave the free kicks to Mallon

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I thought he was actually similar to Boyle. Fast, direct but still raw around the edges

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    He's seen by City as being behind Barker in his development thats why hes here. Potentially who knows. But City see Hibs as a first step and the Championship as the next step. Barker wanted to come back to Easter Road but City thought the next stage of his development was with an english championship club. Agyepong has great potential and we could well indeed get a great season out of him.

First Team Regular weedgiehibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Forgot about Agathe and De La Cruz,both good shouts for similarity but he reminded me of Kevin Harper Kinda small-ish right winger/centre forward with pace and also decent strength

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Like the look of him. Good technique and looks rapid in an effortless way, just glides around the pitch when he’s running.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    Thought he looked great on the ball. Direct, willing to take his man on and not afraid to shoot.

There were a couple of occasions when off the ball he looked to be sleeping a bit. I was looking for him to bomb forward and scream for the ball but he was just standing still or walking. It was like he needed the ball to come to his feet then he came to life.

Overall though I was really pleased with him!
    Exactly how I saw him. Electric with the ball at his feet, needs a shake without it. Will be exciting tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to admit i was slightly concerned watching his YouTube clips from Holland. Seemed to be of him falling over a lot. Thought he looked the real deal today though. I was impressed.