hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Milligan

  1. #31
    First Team Regular SON OF PADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    south east
    Age
    59
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whittaker had a decent game today.

    But I'd like to see more of Milligan.

    Whittaker was more than decent today !


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a mad house with 3 wimmin
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,655
    Once he's up to speed think he'll be a top notch signing. 👍

  4. #33
    When Milligan came on we looked a lot more competitive, he positioned himself well, read the game and made a couple of.good challenges, he was.organising and talking.to players around him, he looked like he gave us a presence in the middle and let others play ....yip all in 20 minutes ...he does look like he will give us a lot of what we need in midfield.

  5. #34
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    35,920
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Milligan came on we looked a lot more competitive, he positioned himself well, read the game and made a couple of.good challenges, he was.organising and talking.to players around him, he looked like he gave us a presence in the middle and let others play ....yip all in 20 minutes ...he does look like he will give us a lot of what we need in midfield.
    He was very vocal and definitely looks like the sort of leader we need in the middle, not just because he shouts and that, but he got stuck in and tried to impose himself on the game.

    Probably too little time to form a proper judgement, but the early signs are very encouraging, presumably he'll only get better as he gets games under his belt.
    http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/ - Read my blog "So A Season Starts.. " - Updated TODAY 03/08/15

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Thief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bonnyrigg
    Age
    54
    Posts
    209
    Could be wrong but I think it was him that played a couple of lofted passes, one to Kamberi and the other picked up by McLaren, which lead to the pen.
    Not something Iíve seen us doing for a long time and can be quite effective with the right players


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,900
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was very vocal and definitely looks like the sort of leader we need in the middle, not just because he shouts and that, but he got stuck in and tried to impose himself on the game.

    Probably too little time to form a proper judgement, but the early signs are very encouraging, presumably he'll only get better as he gets games under his belt.
    Far too early to judge but sometimes you get a feeling about a player and I have a good feeling about Milligan!

  8. #37
    Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What Whittaker does in possession is fine which is why some think he had a good game. The problem is that he is far too passive when we donít have the ball. He lets runners get away from him and he doesnít get touch tight when he should. When he plays, teams tend to be able to play right through us.
    Hyndman was poor today as well but he gets some slack as he has just arrived.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yip, that's how I see it. thought he had a good game, just like the Aberdeen game, however both him and Mallan like to stand off their man and jockey him instead of putting a foot in.

    Another poster has said his legs haven't gone. I disagree, and this is evident in how easy it is to beat him when someone drops a shoulder (see Killies 2nd, among others)

  9. #38
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,456
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Far too early to judge but sometimes you get a feeling about a player and I have a good feeling about Milligan!
    I have a better feeling about him having seen him.

    To be honest though, I was very concerned about the level of expectation he'd come under. The last time we heaped expectation on a marquee signing in his thirties it was Ed De Graaf, and I thought that this transfer had all the signs of being the same.

  10. #39
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yip, that's how I see it. thought he had a good game, just like the Aberdeen game, however both him and Mallan like to stand off their man and jockey him instead of putting a foot in.

    Another poster has said his legs haven't gone. I disagree, and this is evident in how easy it is to beat him when someone drops a shoulder (see Killies 2nd, among others)
    It depends on the definition of "legs have gone".

    I agree that he is vulnerable to a wee change of pace.

    What did impress me though was that time he got in a fankle on the edge of the Killie box from our corner, then they hit us quite quickly on the break. I watched the break unfold and looked back up the park expecting him to be lumbering back over the halfway line - he'd got back to his feet and got the full length of the pitch to defend the breakaway.

    He's not as fast as he was, but he can still get about the park.

    It would be ok if it was just him or Mallan - the problem we have in midfield is that too many of our players have the same Achilles heel.

    Hopefully (and I fully expect) Milligan will rectify that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved