Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whittaker had a decent game today.

But I'd like to see more of Milligan.

Whittaker was more than decent today !

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Once he's up to speed think he'll be a top notch signing. 👍

When Milligan came on we looked a lot more competitive, he positioned himself well, read the game and made a couple of.good challenges, he was.organising and talking.to players around him, he looked like he gave us a presence in the middle and let others play ....yip all in 20 minutes ...he does look like he will give us a lot of what we need in midfield.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    When Milligan came on we looked a lot more competitive, he positioned himself well, read the game and made a couple of.good challenges, he was.organising and talking.to players around him, he looked like he gave us a presence in the middle and let others play ....yip all in 20 minutes ...he does look like he will give us a lot of what we need in midfield.
    He was very vocal and definitely looks like the sort of leader we need in the middle, not just because he shouts and that, but he got stuck in and tried to impose himself on the game.

Probably too little time to form a proper judgement, but the early signs are very encouraging, presumably he'll only get better as he gets games under his belt.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Could be wrong but I think it was him that played a couple of lofted passes, one to Kamberi and the other picked up by McLaren, which lead to the pen.
    Not something I’ve seen us doing for a long time and can be quite effective with the right players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He was very vocal and definitely looks like the sort of leader we need in the middle, not just because he shouts and that, but he got stuck in and tried to impose himself on the game.

Probably too little time to form a proper judgement, but the early signs are very encouraging, presumably he'll only get better as he gets games under his belt.
    Far too early to judge but sometimes you get a feeling about a player and I have a good feeling about Milligan!

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    What Whittaker does in possession is fine which is why some think he had a good game. The problem is that he is far too passive when we don’t have the ball. He lets runners get away from him and he doesn’t get touch tight when he should. When he plays, teams tend to be able to play right through us.
    Hyndman was poor today as well but he gets some slack as he has just arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yip, that's how I see it. thought he had a good game, just like the Aberdeen game, however both him and Mallan like to stand off their man and jockey him instead of putting a foot in.

Another poster has said his legs haven't gone. I disagree, and this is evident in how easy it is to beat him when someone drops a shoulder (see Killies 2nd, among others)

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Far too early to judge but sometimes you get a feeling about a player and I have a good feeling about Milligan!
    I have a better feeling about him having seen him.

To be honest though, I was very concerned about the level of expectation he'd come under. The last time we heaped expectation on a marquee signing in his thirties it was Ed De Graaf, and I thought that this transfer had all the signs of being the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    Yip, that's how I see it. thought he had a good game, just like the Aberdeen game, however both him and Mallan like to stand off their man and jockey him instead of putting a foot in.

Another poster has said his legs haven't gone. I disagree, and this is evident in how easy it is to beat him when someone drops a shoulder (see Killies 2nd, among others)
    It depends on the definition of "legs have gone".

I agree that he is vulnerable to a wee change of pace.

What did impress me though was that time he got in a fankle on the edge of the Killie box from our corner, then they hit us quite quickly on the break. I watched the break unfold and looked back up the park expecting him to be lumbering back over the halfway line - he'd got back to his feet and got the full length of the pitch to defend the breakaway.

He's not as fast as he was, but he can still get about the park.

It would be ok if it was just him or Mallan - the problem we have in midfield is that too many of our players have the same Achilles heel.

Hopefully (and I fully expect) Milligan will rectify that.