hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "When the facts change, I change my mind."

So in the spirit of Keynes, I have consider the new evidence and now accept that was indeed a stonewaller.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    lol. it looked that way from my watch of Hibs TV...although the later footage shown here, makes it look as it Mclaren gets in from of Broadfoot..not seen it on a large screen yet (just phone) so may have mis-called it..
    I’ve just watched the twitter clip and I do think Broadfoot is caught out by McLarens speed and ends up catching him as he nips in in front of him.

@hibs.net private member LALthehibeeGAL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    never a pen looking at that anyway - but thems the breaks normally against us rather than for

lal

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LALthehibeeGAL View Post
    never a pen looking at that anyway - but thems the breaks normally against us rather than for

lal
    he clearly kicks maclaren though?

lal
    Question for LAL - is Steve Clarke using your account?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Not deliberate and unfortunate for the defender.

Still a penalty though.

Def debatable after watching Hibs tv highlights. What would your view be if it was the other way round, say Boyd getting a penalty from a clash like that with Efe?
    Yes there is clear contact on McLaren, but there is no way he put his right foot out at that angle thinking he is going to get the ball. His weight is all on his left peg and I think he is quick enough to realise that he is not going to get the ball, that Broadfoot is favourite to clear it, and he sticks his right foot in just to try and get the penalty.
    Which he does! Smart or a wee bit sneaky? Whatever, a penalty it was. But I'd have been raging at Boyd if he had done that to Efe.

lal
    No offence but your eyes must be painted on.

I was at a Sportsmans dinner at my bowling club a few years back and one of the speakers was ex referee Willie Young.

He said a penalty kick is like a boiled egg. Soft or hard it's still a f****ng boiled egg.

Seen it from every angle possible and completely understand why some say it wasn’t a penalty, but, seeing it from behind the players where the ref was positioned and although intentional, it was a stonewaller. McLaren gets in front due to his speed and the defender while meaning to play the ball, kicks away the right foot of McLaren, resulting in a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    Seen it from every angle possible and completely understand why some say it wasn’t a penalty, but, seeing it from behind the players where the ref was positioned and although intentional, it was a stonewaller. McLaren gets in front due to his speed and the defender while meaning to play the ball, kicks away the right foot of McLaren, resulting in a penalty.
    ( meant unintentional)

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    I was at a Sportsmans dinner at my bowling club a few years back and one of the speakers was ex referee Willie Young.

He said a penalty kick is like a boiled egg. Soft or hard it's still a f****ng boiled egg.
    I'm tempted to give a much more colourful analogy, but, as it's a family forum, shall refrain.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875