hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this thread linked with the "I wasn't always a Hibee" thread..

I'm starting to question a lot of posters in this place, hardcore double agents.
    What a ludicrous comment. Get a grip ffs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Is this thread linked with the "I wasn't always a Hibee" thread..

I'm starting to question a lot of posters in this place, hardcore double agents.
    **** guys, Hercule Poirot here has rumbled us all. Could everybody here who wasn’t Christened at St Pat’s and can’t trace their Hibee lineage back to 1875 head home to Kickback now. It was good while it lasted.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    We should congratulate them and wish them well. It's great that a bottom 6 club like Hearts have had such a good start, including taking points from our top 6 rivals like Celtic. They're doing us a favour. We mustn't forget to thank them when we overtake them.

I also think it's perfectly possible that Hearts could do what Leicester City did, ie. sack Craig Levein as manager after little more than a season in charge.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    **** guys, Hercule Poirot here has rumbled us all. Could everybody here who wasn’t Christened at St Pat’s and can’t trace their Hibee lineage back to 1875 head home to Kickback now. It was good while it lasted.
    Dont mention the CCS green black and white union jack, he'll have a cardiac arrest

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Worst thing is Monsieur Poirot only has his Belgian freedom because of our brave boys (and a few million other latecomers), not just once but twice!!

Still, when you’ve got a memorial garden and a glass curtain you can look down your nose at stupid Hobo resentment.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Get this thread to France. Imagine even discussing it I'm here. Toughen up lol.

What’s doubly annoying, they’re winning BUT the rest are taking points off each other pushing them further clear.

Still 99 points to play for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Could Hibs do a Leicester?
    As long as it's not a Sunderland.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Mediocre mid-table team becomes flash-in-the-pan champions of England.

Could such a scenario be repeated in Scotland?

With Celtic having failed to strengthen, the Rangers a work in progress under Gerrard and ourselves and Aberdeen blowing hot and cold so far the league presently looks a lot less 'unwinnable'.

I find it hard to imagine that by parachuting in a new squad of players the yams have suddenly turned from non-runners into league contenders but they've certainly made a strong start.

Hopefully they'll start to fall away shortly and who knows, once we've got our strongest team playing consistently we can start to have a say in the title race ourselves.

Funniest .net post ever. Fact and End of.

I think it would be easier to do a "Leicester" in Scotland than it was in England.

Can't see it being Hearts this season though.

They've had a great start and deserve credit for that, but we're only 5 games into the season. Chill

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    That's some reverse psychology rite there, top marks.
    You are a right slaver. Stop intimating that everyone who has a dissenting opinion from yourself is a Hearts fan.

They look good this season, and their scatter gun approach to signings has paid off - rather luckily so, but still. Coupled with the fact that Celtic are clearly in a trough, Hearts (and us, Rangers, and the Dons) definitely can close things up at the top of the table. On recent form, Hearts seem the most likely to do so.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Dont think Hertz will win the league, but there's no doubt that Celtc are no where near the team they've been the last couple of seasons and that the title race will be a lot closer than its been for many a season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    You are a right slaver. Stop intimating that everyone who has a dissenting opinion from yourself is a Hearts fan.

They look good this season, and their scatter gun approach to signings has paid off - rather luckily so, but still. Coupled with the fact that Celtic are clearly in a trough, Hearts (and us, Rangers, and the Dons) definitely can close things up at the top of the table. On recent form, Hearts seem the most likely to do so.
    According to the radio commentators the yams were literally gifted a goal today in the form of a very sloppy motherwell short back pass interception. Add that to the Willie Collum fake sending off the Kilmarnock player last game that 'helped' them go on to win that game and Djoum avoiding being sent off when it was actually a deserved red card and there's plenty who'd say that once again they're living up to their nickname the Jammy B's.

As for our game today I'll happily take a 3-2 win against a hard working Killie team any day of the week. A good game with plenty of goals and grit and determination to get all three points. Well done the Hi bees.

@hibs.net private member
    Remember Dundee and Sir Albert kidd

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zitelli62 View Post
    Remember Dundee and Sir Albert kidd
    As funny as that was, and I was at Easter Road the day when it happened, I'd rather it didn't go that far this season to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post

I aint intimidating no one.

The same similar speel I hear when it comes to a political debate. OK marinello you tell me how exactly the Yams will win the league and I will somehow try to create a debate.

Maybe you should ask the people who you’ve disagreed with on this thread and tried to belittle on the other thread you mentioned earlier.

Or was that some sort of double negative thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Maybe you should ask the people who you’ve disagreed with on this thread and tried to belittle on the other thread you mentioned earlier.

Or was that some sort of double negative thing?
    They have came out and I applaud them for that.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    They have improved and they will be as difficult to beat as in any Derby but talkof them winning the league is just fanciful. Their fans, and rightly so, are shouting from the rooftops, I’m not quite sure we’d be doing the same as we are a more realistic bunch but we’d certainly be buzzing.

I think they’ll finish top 4 and have good runs in the cup. A similar season to us.

**** sake. What is this chat??

No. No Hearts will not win the league ffs. Easily Celtic's league again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    **** sake. What is this chat??

No. No Hearts will not win the league ffs. Easily Celtic's league again.
    While I don’t think the yams stand a chance, it’s certainly not a stick on that Celtic will win the league.

The same similar speel I hear when it comes to a political debate. OK marinello you tell me how exactly the Yams will win the league and I will somehow try to create a debate.
    I haven’t said they will win the league because they won’t.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    intimate
    ˈɪntɪmeɪt/

imply or hint.
    "he had already intimated that he might not be able to continue"

Will they win the treble..nah..

The thing is Celtic are all over the place - while they beat the Huns (and probably will beat them x4 this season) they aren’t that great.

The Huns have improved but also Celtic took them apart.

Aberdeen - like Rodgers - McInnes is getting found out and thier fans aren’t happy.

For Hibs and Hearts we both have a chance to do pretty well this season due to the others being pretty poor but winning leagues can be so difficult so I would say no.

A cup is an easier route to silverware but with their awful league cup record and Levein never won anything / let alone the Scottish Cup I cant see it happening.

Cannon Hannon was my great-great-grandad, so I should be OK.

Alright, the Church have always denied the link, but it's as legitimate as yesterday's penalty, so...

Intimidating - no.

Irritating - yes.

Its a good start from the hertz and it is 15 points, but no they wont be top come the end, they are not good enough, their football is also back to hoofball as one of the BBC reporters called it yesterday, or words to that effect,

This place is hilarious, anyone who doesn’t swear blindly by everything Hibs is labelled a jambo..

They’ve started very well, will be flying, have no idea on their fixtures but if they avoid the sheep & Huns until playin us they could be on some points total..

Anyone see Celtc on Friday? Horrendous, a decent team with squad depth could really challenge this year.